LoreD

School Lunches in France

In 2002 I worked in Toulouse at Airbus for two months. Even the cafeteria meals were great, and never rushed.

After the meal, there was free espresso in another room before you went back to work. Just very civilized.

McDonald's was becoming popular at the time. A very lithe and pretty waitress told me "J'aime MacDo". (Their slang for it, rhymes with 'low'.) I told her I preferred French food.

On 11/16/2018 at 5:20 AM, rrober49 said:

It would be nice if our schools would move over to more scratch menus 

it would be nice if we thought about what was most important every day. Not just the food at McDonald's and not just the inactivity the saving of time, but the beauty in 

in our movement, the reason for living, doing more with less, some culture to pass down to the next generation, that is goodness, that is also true, that is also, 

sometimes unpleasant to realize, in the butter used to cook. 

peace!

On 11/16/2018 at 7:20 AM, rrober49 said:

It would be nice if our schools would move over to more scratch menus 

I think that there are a few things that should not have a profit attached to it.

1.  School Lunches

2.  Healthcare

3.  Prisons

4.  Prison Cafeterias

5.  Universities

I watched a documentary about a school that switched from a "for profit" company to school employed lunch staff.  The professional chef said that when you took the "profit" (corporate overhead, company jet, CEO pay, and stockholder dividends) out, the food quality drastically improved.  He said that the profit company charged $2 for overhead, and $1 for the food.  The chef planned meals (without the company profit) charged $1for overhead and $2 for food.  $1 of each child's meal goes directly into a Fortune 500 company's stock dividends.

The same companies that are the largest providers of school lunches, are also in contracts for providing prison food.

The parent could out do both, and dial the child's taste in better: now I love cooking, my son too . We cook from scratch , good or bad . Hell just making Mcdonalds at home will most likely add 10 years to your life

so go scratch and put salt not sodium and sugar not high fructose corn syrup on your tables and at our kids schools mixing bowls  . the Effect that alone has on diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease .