Sign in to follow this  
personreal

Grizzlies and other Critters

Post yer favorite critter stuff.

This guy got lucky after a mamma griz attacked him...

Image may contain: 1 person, hat, closeup and outdoor

Before rumors spread and things get blown severely out of proportion this morning I was mauled by a Grizzly Bear bow hunting in Montana.
Due to the closeness (12 yards) I did not have time to react besides getting into a defensive mode/stance,
My hunting partner Greg Gibson and I surprised a Sow grizzly and her cub as we were moving in on some Elk. We walked up to with in 12 yards when we all saw each other And before I could even reach for my bear spray she was at full charge. I was able to get my arm up to someone at protect my face when she knocked me over, Greg was only a few steps behind me and he was able to get his bear spray out and give one shot to the bear which stopped her and she reared up and came towards him, he was able to give her one more blast where she and her cub retreated.
Readying myself for another attack I was able to get my bear spray out of the holster and unfortunately during all the chaos sprayed my self.
My arm is broken in two spots where she grabbed on with her mouth and I have a nice couple of scratches on my face where she got me with her claws.
We were able to make it to Livingston to the ER room. Because of the bear bite and fractured bones they were afraid of infection so they put me in an ambulance and sent me to Bozeman where they needed to do surgery to clean out the wound. 
I will be here until Monday as they want the wound to drain lessening the cause of any sort of infection.
Just received an updated tetanus shot and started a series of rabies shots.
Huge shout out for my hunting partner Greg has his quick response was able to minimize the damage and severity of this attack.
All in all I am in good shape.My arm is screwed up a little and sore and the vision is good, I will be fine.
Huge shout out to the Livingston ER room and the Bozeman hospital and surgeons, nurses, etc.
In a few days I’ll give you a little bit more of a update.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/grizzly-bear-attacks-hunter-in-mountains-north-of-yellowstone

1 hour ago, personreal said:

Readying myself for another attack I was able to get my bear spray out of the holster and unfortunately during all the chaos sprayed my self.

1 hour ago, personreal said:

3 minutes ago, Zaro said:

^^ sprayed himself

you have obviously never done ANYTHING in your life...much less survived a grizzley attack....it was more likely than not his dominate arm that was broken...so he had to cross draw his bear spray...not something practiced much....

the dude is a trooper....

he was man enough to shout out to those that deserved being shouted at.....

bears are scary...grizz are even more scary./

2 minutes ago, EltonJohnson said:

Smith & Wesson 329PD Air Lite

w/ Buffalo Bore Heavy .44 Magnum Load...

minimum self defense carry in Bear Country

719014944_1.jpg

398653.jpg

you ever shoot that gun....that gun is a piece of sh it and I am positive no one that I know that owns one has shot it enough to be proficient with it....that thing will fu ck up yer wrist

4 minutes ago, bigsky said:

you ever shoot that gun....that gun is a piece of sh it and I am positive no one that I know that owns one has shot it enough to be proficient with it....that thing will fu ck up yer wrist 

It is  a self defense carry gun.   For emergency use.

Totally special purpose, I am sure is horrific to shoot.    Plus look at the  loads  I  picked. 

Just now, EltonJohnson said:

Totally special purpose

yep...but no one wants to practice with it....therefore cant hit a 55 gallon drum at 30 yards...the people I know cant....as a matter of fact...I am looking for a video to explain what everyone is going to...

2 hours ago, personreal said:

Post yer favorite critter stuff.

This guy got lucky after a mamma griz attacked him...

Before rumors spread and things get blown severely out of proportion this morning I was mauled by a Grizzly Bear bow hunting in Montana.
Due to the closeness (12 yards) I did not have time to react besides getting into a defensive mode/stance,
My hunting partner Greg Gibson and I surprised a Sow grizzly and her cub as we were moving in on some Elk. We walked up to with in 12 yards when we all saw each other And before I could even reach for my bear spray she was at full charge. I was able to get my arm up to someone at protect my face when she knocked me over, Greg was only a few steps behind me and he was able to get his bear spray out and give one shot to the bear which stopped her and she reared up and came towards him, he was able to give her one more blast where she and her cub retreated.
My arm is broken in two spots where she grabbed on with her mouth and I have a nice couple of scratches on my face where she got me with her claws.
We were able to make it to Livingston to the ER room. Because of the bear bite and fractured bones they were afraid of infection so they put me in an ambulance and sent me to Bozeman where they needed to do surgery to clean out the wound. 
I will be here until Monday as they want the wound to drain lessening the cause of any sort of infection.
Just received an updated tetanus shot and started a series of rabies shots.
Huge shout out for my hunting partner Greg has his quick response was able to minimize the damage and severity of this attack.
All in all I am in good shape.My arm is screwed up a little and sore and the vision is good, I will be fine.
Huge shout out to the Livingston ER room and the Bozeman hospital and surgeons, nurses, etc.
In a few days I’ll give you a little bit more of a update.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/grizzly-bear-attacks-hunter-in-mountains-north-of-yellowstone

There are critters out there that are way more savage than a bear,Neanderthals.

IvankaAttacked.jpg&f=1

16 minutes ago, Zaro said:

^^ sprayed himself

Let us know how well you do when yer attacked by a mamma griz.

Hell...it took you a couple of weeks just to come out of yer safe space.  :)

9 minutes ago, bigsky said:

you have obviously never done ANYTHING in your life...much less survived a grizzley attack....it was more likely than not his dominate arm that was broken...so he had to cross draw his bear spray...not something practiced much....

the dude is a trooper....

he was man enough to shout out to those that deserved being shouted at.....

bears are scary...grizz are even more scary./

Whe the sh*t hit the fan he sh*ts himself. 

1 minute ago, 123urout said:

IvankaAttacked.jpg&f=1

3 minutes ago, bigsky said:

yep...but no one wants to practice with it....therefore cant hit a 55 gallon drum at 30 yards...the people I know cant....as a matter of fact...I am looking for a video to explain what everyone is going to...

See above

6 minutes ago, EltonJohnson said:

Totally special purpose

1 minute ago, personreal said:

Let us know how well you do when yer attacked by a mamma griz.

Hell...it took you a couple of weeks just to come out of yer safe space.  :)

The worst thing that can happen to me is tripping over a Perrier bottle

19 minutes ago, EltonJohnson said:

Smith & Wesson 329PD Air Lite

w/ Buffalo Bore Heavy .44 Magnum Load...

minimum self defense carry in Bear Country

719014944_1.jpg

398653.jpg

I use to carry a pistol when hiking...I changed to pepper spray. It's lighter and just as easy to use.  

With a gun, while under attack, you might just piss off the bear more if you wound it.

With pepper spray, most of the time an attacking animal will just want to get the hell away from the spray.  

I heard this years ago and thought it was funny.

In Alaska some people like to use a .44 mag as protection against Grizzlies.

And some advise filing off the front sight.

That way it won't hurt so bad when the bear shoves the pistol up yer as*.   LOL

4 minutes ago, EltonJohnson said:

See above

I see they have done some things to make it not such a piece of sh it to shoot....it is probably too little too late....the glock 20 10mm has really taken over as king of the jungle.....

and you get 15 in the mag.....you can shoot it for days.....far more accurate too....it is just a better gun....you dont really see people with wheel guns in the forest any more....they either got the paint can or the 10 mm

10 minutes ago, 123urout said:

IvankaAttacked.jpg&f=1

Yep...many libs simply don't use their brains.

5 minutes ago, Zaro said:

The worst thing that can happen to me is tripping over a Perrier bottle

id beat you over the head with that bottle

1 minute ago, personreal said:

I use to carry a pistol when hiking...I changed to pepper spray. It's lighter and just as easy to use.  

where do you hike.   I  live on the  East Coast

Ruger SP101 4.2" .357 is a good woods gun for me

3089024_01_ruger_sp101_4_2_inch_barrel_6

1 minute ago, bigsky said:

id beat you over the head with that bottle

You assume that I would stiletto around in Bumfugg Montana

2 minutes ago, bigsky said:

the glock 20 10mm has really taken over as king of the jungle.....

and you get 15 in the mag.....you can shoot it for days.....far more accurate too....it is just a better gun....you dont really see people with wheel guns in the forest any more.

I  love the  10mm and the  Glock 20, but wheel guns  can't jam

maxresdefault.jpg