Sign in to follow this  
peter45

Watching the history of Hitler, comparing to Trump

On the cable, it is called American Heroes Channel in the Chicago area.

Probably/possibly called something else in other areas.

But they are sometimes showing documentaries of the rise of Hitler in Germany.

These have been produced in the last few years, but mostly BEFORE Trump.

But watching the crowd reactions to Hitler, in the original documentaries,

and comparing to the crowd reactions at the Trump rallies,

should scare the crap out of people.

I agree. On Direct TV they have Hitler shows. History channel I think. Trump has always been  attracted to despots. Had a Mussolini bio at his bedside. But the thing I find most frightening is how the citizens  of Germany were able to somehow ignore the fact that Millions of citizens were being murdered, gassed , tortured, shot to death, in some cases 50 miles from cities filled with happy Germans. And now we are seeing toddlers put in cages, taken from their parents and then lost. Mass incarceration of our Black and Hispanic citizens. Things that are not even crimes in my state. Creating new levels of poverty & new levels of wealth. People are dying as a direct result of Trump policies, 3000 in Puerta Rico, and 10s of thousands more will die due to the deregulation of climate, and chemical, restraints. And as all of this is happening, Republicans see nothing, nothing wrong here , Just like the Germans. These people in our country make be sick, unable to even admit, never mind take action against this TRAITOR, TRUMP. Well I refuse to be a 1937 German. And wherever that refusal brings me, WHEREVER, I will go.

41 minutes ago, dmgriel said:

I agree. On Direct TV they have Hitler shows. History channel I think. Trump has always been  attracted to despots. Had a Mussolini bio at his bedside. But the thing I find most frightening is how the citizens  of Germany were able to somehow ignore the fact that Millions of citizens were being murdered, gassed , tortured, shot to death, in some cases 50 miles from cities filled with happy Germans. And now we are seeing toddlers put in cages, taken from their parents and then lost. Mass incarceration of our Black and Hispanic citizens. Things that are not even crimes in my state. Creating new levels of poverty & new levels of wealth. People are dying as a direct result of Trump policies, 3000 in Puerta Rico, and 10s of thousands more will die due to the deregulation of climate, and chemical, restraints. And as all of this is happening, Republicans see nothing, nothing wrong here , Just like the Germans. These people in our country make be sick, unable to even admit, never mind take action against this TRAITOR, TRUMP. Well I refuse to be a 1937 German. And wherever that refusal brings me, WHEREVER, I will go.

I have speculated that possibly technical expertise can lead to political stupidity.

The Germans and Japanese are not normally characterized as stupid people.

Rather, they make good cars, rockets, etc.

But, a technical education is black and white, never grey.

If you drop something, does gravity make it hit the floor?

Technically, yes it does.

Politically, maybe. Because, a politician will speculate that someone will catch it, but, mostly, a technician won't.

Consider the economics of "derivative financing", that led to the Bush Recession.

A mind that thinks in terms of black and white,

would not expect that people would attempt to finance something with a non-existent commodity.

3 hours ago, dmgriel said:

+1!!!!

Although I believe Trump is intellectually challenged, he sure seems to have studied the tactics of Mussolini, and Hitler.

The Republican party leaders made faustian bargain since their primaries to support Trump's fascist tendencies in order to facilitate the desires of their plutocratic overlords.

9 hours ago, dmgriel said:

It is a sad time in history now. I post on the No Holds Barred forum and the racists and neo cons are posting all their hate in plenty of sickening posts.  There are a few of us liberals pointing out how their hate has infected the Republican party.

3 hours ago, pwkbirdie56 said:

It is a sad time in history now. I post on the No Holds Barred forum and the racists and neo cons are posting all their hate in plenty of sickening posts. 

Increasingly, the Republican Party is where the haters go  There, they are comfortable in an atmosphere of corruption, deceit and intolerance for "the other".   The GOP cultivates the worst, most destructive passions in human nature ...   Very much like the Nazis did under Hitler

3 hours ago, pwkbirdie56 said:

There are a few of us liberals pointing out how their hate has infected the Republican party.

Yes.  And It goes the other way also.  Because of having to hide their corrupt activities, which include taking big, legalized bribes in return for writing custom legislation, Republican politicians need scapegoats and wedge issues to attract followers.  They spin fanciful lies to their constituents constantly but govern mainly to continue concentrating wealth at the very top.  Their talking heads, like Hannity and Limbaugh, Fox and an army of broadcast radio hate-spewers, reinforce Republican politicians lies, every day.

It has become fashionable among ordinary Republicans to  hurl blatant lies, deceit, and insults at Liberals.  The Cult of Ignorance and tribal solidarity reinforces their resistance to reason, logic and any sense of humanity.   They even vote against the best interests of themselves and their families.

Republican increasingly thrive on hate and cruelty, not ashamed to defend the caging of defenseless children.  Their leaders set the tone.  That's why, as all progressives are aware, it's so important to get rid of the most hateful president ever to grab the position.

2 minutes ago, bludog said:

Increasingly, the Republican Party is where the haters go  There, they are comfortable in an atmosphere of corruption, deceit and intolerance for "the other".   The GOP cultivates the worst, most destructive passions in human nature ...   Very much like the Nazis did under Hitler

Yes.  And It goes the other way also.  Because of having to hide their corrupt activities, which include taking big, legalized bribes in return for writing custom legislation, Republican politicians need scapegoats and wedge issues to attract followers.  They spin fanciful lies to their constituents constantly but govern mainly to continue concentrating wealth at the very top.  Their talking heads, like Hannity and Limbaugh, Fox and an army of broadcast radio hate-spewers, reinforce Republican politicians lies, every day.

It has become fashionable among ordinary Republicans to  hurl blatant lies, deceit, and insults at Liberals.  The Cult of Ignorance and tribal solidarity reinforces their resistance to reason, logic and any sense of humanity.   They even vote against the best interests of themselves and their families.

Republican increasingly thrive on hate and cruelty, not ashamed to defend the caging of defenseless children.  Their leaders set the tone.  That's why, as all progressives are aware, it's so important to get rid of the most hateful president ever to grab the position.

Very well said Bluedog, have you noticed all the hate these neo cons spew. That is why I love this forum. By allowing free speech, this displays the ignorance that these neo cons are consumed with. Their insecurities really show when they are reminded of have hateful they are. They are a product of their daddy Trumpy. The US has become the laughingstock of the world. 

10 hours ago, bludog said:

I agree with you bulldog. Lots of republicans have bailed , but the ones who have stayed are a ? to me. There is no middle ground, lying, cheating, pushing our country into isolation and purposely peddling  false fears,  make believe terrorist on every corner.And it is the white man who could not understand that "black lives matter" movement was about innocent boys, men, being shot. ME ME ME ME ME ME!!  That is all they think about. Feel sorry for your white ass, when there is nothing to feel bad about. No third car, no million dollar bank account, bullBad word! Greed is what it is. All these white nationalist, you are all disgusting  It would be easy for me to blame the South, Midwest, but right there in the White House is Gen Kelly, the presidents very own racist, with shiny medals. Question? How does a high ranking soldier, like Kelly, decide troop deployments in the Viet Nam War. Frightening thought. But I stray off topic. Our country is in a quagmire, President is a traitor and a despot, and our divisions are becoming more violent. Sadly I think it is going to get worse. 

On 10/17/2018 at 7:52 AM, dmgriel said:

And now we are seeing toddlers put in cages,

Disturbingly reminiscent of Nazi policy under Hitler.  And Trump is very determined to continue operation of detention centers for immigrant children.   Despite overwhelmingly negative public opinion, ICE continues to obey Trump administration orders.  What kind of cold-blooded person enforces ICE's mission?   They resemble Hitler's 'Order Police', (The Ordnungspolizei) which specialized in carrying out the Nazi's worst atrocities. 

We can only hope for a court order halting this newest barbarity by Trump and his minions.  Continued, prominent reporting of horrors such as this also helps raise public awareness and promote protest.   But up to now, reporters are banned from these detention centers.  Journalists are forced to do all their reporting from outside the camps;   A Trump Administration violation of 'freedom of the press'.

On 10/17/2018 at 7:52 AM, dmgriel said:

Mass incarceration of our Black and Hispanic citizens.

There may be some exceptions, but on the whole, White racists are over-represented in police forces throughout the United States.  And they have abused their power, targeting people by skin color and often administering brutal punishment before trial.  It's very much like a modern day Jim Crow.

And when Blacks and Hispanics enter the Criminal Justice System, they are faced with  a system stacked against them.

http://theweek.com/articles/626637/gobsmacking-racism-americas-criminal-justice-system

The gobsmacking racism of America's criminal justice system

- snip -

In view of all this racism, it's not surprising that Blacks and Hispanics are over-represented, by a large margin, in US prisons.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2018/01/12/shrinking-gap-between-number-of-blacks-and-whites-in-prison/ft_18-01-10_prisonracegaps_2/

Blacks and Hispanics are overrepresented in U.S. prisons