Craig234

Why the fix is in on the Kavanaugh FBI non-investigation

People - Senators, pundits - the public - seem to have been caught by surprise by the utterly ineffective FBI non-investigation of Kavanaugh, with only a few witnesses, not including Ford, the third accuser, or Kavanaugh, not investigating his lying under oath at all, the FBI *TURNING AWAY* dozens of witnesses who contacted them - though I raised concern about it the day it was announced.

We wanted to think, maybe they'll do a good job. Maybe they'll be independent of the utter partisan corruption of trump and the Republican Senators.

I didn't know how close the people we'd count on to do that are to Kavanaugh - the FBI Director Wray, and DoJ's Rosenstein. They've all been allies for decades, such as Rosenstein working with Kavanaugh on the Ken Starr witch hunt against Clinton - which is why Rosenstein attended the Kavanaugh hearing to show his support for  confirmation.

It's an utter scandal, this non-investigation, a betrayal of their duty to the country and the FBI.

These allies of Kavanaugh should have been recused, not in charge of the investigation. It never had a chance.

Politico has more on this.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/10/01/kavanaugh-fbi-wray-rosenstein-220810

1 hour ago, Craig234 said:

Maybe they'll be independent of the utter partisan corruption of trump and the Republican Senators.

Even if they are and even if they did a good job of the investigation and report... there's the fact that no one can reveal the contents of the investigation report to the public.

So any senator can say that they voted the way they did because of what they read in the report. That gives them political cover to do whatever they wanted to in the first place.

I have an issue with these so called background checks by the FBI.

I, personally, know of man who has left the military and gone to work for a federal agency.  He passed the FBI background check without a problem.  The big deal is that there is some big time stuff that they didn't pick up.

He, and his wife, were investigated in three states for child abuse.  His children were taken away from him for five months in Texas.  The county stated it was one of worst cases of child abuse in their history.  Social workers found his two older children, from a previous relationship, living in the garage, were not allowed in the house, were covered in bruises, and were stealing food.  Both he, and his wife, were diagnosed as sociopaths incapable of feeling empathy. They were also diagnosed as pathological liars.  None of this showed up anywhere in his background check.

His two older children were sent to live with relatives. They are now adults.  They were never contacted during the FBI background check.

He has left the military, passed that FBI background check, and is presently training in Virginia.

I don't expect the contents to remain confidential if they were somehow condemning of Kavanaugh - Ford's identity was leaked to journalists which is why she came forward at all and that was only one Congresswoman and one Senator, not all 100 like this report - but it can't condemn Kavanaugh when it only includes such a very limited list by design.

And we're already seeing the result. THe scam is working.

Flake and Collins are both already implying they're going ot vote yes. Manchin and Murkowski aren't saying yet, but both are facing their states being very in favor of yes and have a history of voting for the Republican position. Collins is now saying the scam position that she is 'reviewing the report' The reasons to vote no aren't in the report and she s ignoring them.

So it's more and more a yes.

Even if the directive from the WH to the FBI released, how could we know if it's not 'broad', but Wray and/or Rosenstein didn't meet with McGann where they agreed without any paperwork for it to be very limited? They're all on the same partisan team and strong supporters of confirmation. trump lied about the scope - perhaps he knew he was covered.

As evil as this man Kavanaugh is now said to be, where was all this dirt 3 months ago?  We need to bring these issues forward before a person is nominated for the SCOTUS.   It's quite jarring when a person goes from respected jurist in July to scum of the earth lying drunken sexual predator in September...over events that happened decades ago.  If there are other judges out there with this garbage in their closet, please bring it out now.   I don't want a person like that on any court.

3 hours ago, Renegade said:

As evil as this man Kavanaugh is now said to be, where was all this dirt 3 months ago?  We need to bring these issues forward before a person is nominated for the SCOTUS.   It's quite jarring when a person goes from respected jurist in July to scum of the earth lying drunken sexual predator in September...over events that happened decades ago.  If there are other judges out there with this garbage in their closet, please bring it out now.   I don't want a person like that on any court.

Yes, it'd be better if his victims had come forward earlier. As I've said, I don't think the issue is behavior decades ago, but his lying about it NOW and his behavior NOW.

His vote this morning was 51-49 to proceed to confirmation, one vote to spare, just as I was saying I think is likely.

It's basically over. Flake, Collins and Manchin are yes. As I said was likely, he'll be confirmed. It's a disaster, the biggest price yet for the country for trump and Republicans.

But the American people largely won't understand the damage until later, just as many did not understand how bad trump would be.

I think he lied about emails prior to being accused of attempted rape. But they didn't care because they had the votes in the Senate.

Mitch McConnell played the game in the minority. I can't say what is in his mind. But I can say, Mitch McConnell is bad for the Senate, 

bad for democracy.

Regarding democracy, Mitch McConnell bad. Very bad!

Peace!

On 10/4/2018 at 11:32 AM, Craig234 said:

People - Senators, pundits - the public - seem to have been caught by surprise by the utterly ineffective FBI non-investigation of Kavanaugh, with only a few witnesses, not including Ford, the third accuser, or Kavanaugh, not investigating his lying under oath at all, the FBI *TURNING AWAY* dozens of witnesses who contacted them - though I raised concern about it the day it was announced.

We wanted to think, maybe they'll do a good job. Maybe they'll be independent of the utter partisan corruption of trump and the Republican Senators.

I didn't know how close the people we'd count on to do that are to Kavanaugh - the FBI Director Wray, and DoJ's Rosenstein. They've all been allies for decades, such as Rosenstein working with Kavanaugh on the Ken Starr witch hunt against Clinton - which is why Rosenstein attended the Kavanaugh hearing to show his support for  confirmation.

It's an utter scandal, this non-investigation, a betrayal of their duty to the country and the FBI.

These allies of Kavanaugh should have been recused, not in charge of the investigation. It never had a chance.

Politico has more on this.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/10/01/kavanaugh-fbi-wray-rosenstein-220810

Trump needs his get out of jail free card, and that is the bottom line. 

5 hours ago, TheOldBarn said:

I think he lied about emails prior to being accused of attempted rape. But they didn't care because they had the votes in the Senate.

Mitch McConnell played the game in the minority. I can't say what is in his mind. But I can say, Mitch McConnell is bad for the Senate, 

bad for democracy.

Regarding democracy, Mitch McConnell bad. Very bad!

Peace!

Mitch McConnell needs to be removed from office.

1 hour ago, Arris said:

Mitch McConnell needs to be removed from office.

He should be, but that's up to the people of Kentucky. Lacking their doing the right thing, the rest of the country needs to elect Democrats.

My e-mail today to Dianne Feinstein, my Senator - things she should have already done:

"1. Since trump 'apologized on behalf of the nation' to Kavanaugh, I'd like you to organize all the Democratic members on the Judiciary Committee signing an apology on behalf of the nation or at least the Committee to Dr. Ford, and preferably other assault victims.

2. I'd like you to organize an official collection and report of the statements from witnesses regarding Kavanaugh the FBI refused to take, and compile them for the record - in other words, to do the job they should have.

That's better than ad hoc media reports of the dozens of witnesses here and there and what they'd say."