US bombs are killing children in Yemen. Does anybody care?

But this is also a story about the responsibility of the United States. A report by CNN indicates that the bomb used in the school bus airstrike was a 500-pound laser-guided MK 82 bomb, manufactured by Lockheed Martin, one of the largest US defense contractors. Having facilitated the sale to the Saudi-led coalition of the weapon used to kill these children, does the United States bear any responsibility for their deaths?

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/aug/25/us-bombs-yemen-children-humanitarian-disaster

Hard to be shocked by the atrocities committed by the US government.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

"The United States is certainly aware of how poorly the coalition is prosecuting the war. How can it not be? The US provides aerial targeting assistance to the coalition, for Pete’s sake, along with intelligence sharing and mid-flight aerial refueling for coalition aircraft. And of course, the US supplies (with the UK) the bulk of the coalition’s weapons. Lots of them. Hundreds of billions of dollars’ worth."

"Trump’s indifference to the suffering in Yemen is to be expected, But what about ours? Do the American people not realize that our bombs are killing innocent children in Yemen or do we just not care? The lack of public outrage – or even just attention – to what the US-backed Saudi-led coalition is doing with American support and American-made munitions indicates something disturbing. "

Just now, XavierOnassis said:

I, for one, do not care whether Huties or pro Saudis run Yemen. I see no reason for my country to fight and kill Yemenis, other than it seems to be necessary so we can sell more weapons to the Saudis.

And that is clearly immoral.

Sadly, a policy initiated by Obama.

6 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

I, for one, do not care whether Huties or pro Saudis run Yemen. I see no reason for my country to fight and kill Yemenis,

So aren't you saying it is Civil War ?

Do you think that people in Yemen should die because they don't care about you?

Face it, The Yemenis don't know any of us. How could they care if they don't know us?

I never said I think people in Yemen should die...I merely asked the question do people in Yemen care about me.

Just now, Old Mack said:

So aren't you saying it is Civil War ?

Of course it is a civil war. The Saudis are fundamentalist Wahhabi Muslims and support the rebellion. The Houtis are less fundamentalist and are allied with the Iranians, who are Shiites.

Neither side is likely to favor any sort of democratic government. 

Just now, XavierOnassis said:

Of course it is a civil war. The Saudis are fundamentalist Wahhabi Muslims and support the rebellion. The Houtis are less fundamentalist and are allied with the Iranians, who are Shiites.

Neither side is likely to favor any sort of democratic government. 

Democracy led to Donald Trump.

4 minutes ago, untitled said:

Trump is helping Saudis bomb Yemen. 

Yemen: The Graveyard of the Obama Doctrine

...President Barack Obama delivered his final speech to the United Nations General Assembly in New York.

A day later, the U.S. Senate held a rare debate on the sale of arms destined for another war in the Middle East. The deal, for $1.15 billion in weaponry to Saudi Arabia, including over 150 Abrams tanks, is a drop in a bucket: more than $100 billion in arms sales to the kingdom have already been approved by the Obama administration.

1 minute ago, Old Mack said:

Yemen: The Graveyard of the Obama Doctrine

...President Barack Obama delivered his final speech to the United Nations General Assembly in New York.

A day later, the U.S. Senate held a rare debate on the sale of arms destined for another war in the Middle East. The deal, for $1.15 billion in weaponry to Saudi Arabia, including over 150 Abrams tanks, is a drop in a bucket: more than $100 billion in arms sales to the kingdom have already been approved by the Obama administration.

Yes, Obama is as guilty as President Trump.

2 minutes ago, untitled said:

Democracy led to Donald Trump.

Only if you consider the Electoral College to be democratic. No one else on this planet does.

Hillary got more votes, almost 3 million more votes.

The point is that no American has any real reason to support the Saudis in their war against the Houtis. We should be trying to END this war, not support one side in it. The very least we can do is just let hem duke it out without supporting either side.