Pope Francis Long Knew of Cardinal’s Abuse and Must Resign, Archbishop Says

DUBLIN — On the final day of Pope Francis’ mission to Ireland, as he issued wrenching apologies for clerical sex abuse scandals, a former top Vatican diplomat claimed in a letter published on Sunday that the pope himself had joined top Vatican officials in covering up the abuses and called for his resignation.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/26/world/europe/pope-ireland-sexual-abuse-letter-vigano.html

This is a criminal problem for the US to prosecute.

Pope Francis leads the World Meeting of Families closing mass in Phoenix Park, Dublin, Ireland on Aug. 26, 2018.

The Pope shut it down. Apparently, he doesn't feel the need to explain his actions to anyone.

As much as I dislike Catholicism, for political reasons, I don't want it to disappear before Islam is destroyed. They and their religious leaders are much worse.

Pope says will not respond to allegations of abuse cover-up

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/pope-says-will-not-respond-to-allegations-of-abuse-cover-up/ar-BBMpPxy?ocid=spartandhp

Pope Francis said on Sunday he would not respond to explosive accusations by a former top Vatican official that the pontiff had covered up sexual abuse, saying dismissively that the document containing the allegations "speaks for itself".

Francis, talking to reporters aboard the plane returning to Rome from Dublin, said he would "not say one word" on the 11-page document, in which the former official says Francis should resign. The pontiff said journalists should read the document carefully and decide for themselves about its credibility.

The official accused the pope of having known of allegations of sex abuse by a prominent U.S. cardinal for years. The document by Archbishop Carlo Maria Vigano, the former Vatican ambassador to Washington, was an unprecedented broadside against the pope by a Church insider.

"I read that statement this morning. I read it and I will say sincerely that I must say this, to you (the reporter) and all of you who are interested: read the document carefully and judge it for yourselves," he said.

"I will not say one word on this. I think the statement speaks for itself and you have sufficient journalistic capacity to reach your own conclusions," he said.

Vigano gave the bombshell statement to conservative Roman Catholic media outlets during the pope's visit to Ireland, which was dominated by the Church's sexual abuse in that country and others around the world.

He accused a long list of current and past Vatican and U.S. Church officials of covering up the case of former Cardinal Theodore McCarrick, the retired archbishop of Washington D.C.

McCarrick, 88, resigned last month in disgrace and was stripped of his title after allegations that he had abused a minor nearly 50 years ago and also forced adult male seminarians to share his bed.

4 minutes ago, drvoke said:

As much as I dislike Catholicism, for political reasons, I don't want it to disappear before Islam is destroyed. They and their religious leaders are much worse.

Are Muslims systematically raping children?

5 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

Actually, yes. Some of the Afghani warlords are fond of buggering little boys.

Lots of Muslim have sex with under aged children...it is part of their culture...just like if a woman is raped she is punished by the government. 

@ untitled...does that make it hurt less that it wasn't in a holy place ?

43 minutes ago, drvoke said:

There is ZERO chance that Islam will be destroyed. Nor will the Roman Catholic Church be destroyed.

It is not the job of the US to try to destroy any religion, even ones you dislike. They could not do it if they wanted to.

1 minute ago, XavierOnassis said:

There is ZERO chance that Islam will be destroyed. Nor will the Roman Catholic Church be destroyed.

It is not the job of the US to try to destroy any religion, even ones you dislike. They could not do it if they wanted to.

But the US should prosecute priests and the Church authorities who permit children being raped.

1 minute ago, Old Mack said:

Lots of Muslim have sex with under aged children...it is part of their culture...just like if a woman is raped she is punished.

@ untitled...does that make it hurt less that it wasn't in a holy place ?

If God is omnipresent, which is the official Christian doctrine of every sect I know of, then no places are more holy than any others. 

Like I have said before...the Catholic Church is the largest ORG in America that helps immigrants; legal and illegal.

The Catholic Church has the most food banks in America.

Catholic Social Services places infants in approved homes of married couples and single individuals. Families are assessed by agency social workers to determine their ability, readiness, and commitment for lifetime parenting.

Catholic Social Services strives to make your becoming a parent the most exciting, memorable, life-changing event that God intended it to be.

3592149105_ce2e946232

980d74388eac4ca35fce59f46e4e18028c2ba2b55113bd2b1c7e5b1a6f7830dc.jpg?w=720&auto=format

5 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

If God is omnipresent, which is the official Christian doctrine of every sect I know of, then no places are more holy than any others. 

So you are agree with me...it is about time !

Pope keeps silent on abuse claim letter at end of Irish visit

Pope Francis has refused to respond to claims by a former Vatican diplomat, who has called for him to resign.

Archbishop Carlo Maria Vigano also accused him of covering up allegations of sexual abuse by a US cardinal.

The Pope was asked about the accusations by reporters on his flight back to Rome after this weekend's Papal visit to Ireland.

He said he would not say a single word in response to the 11-page letter from Archbishop Vigano.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-45318100

8 minutes ago, untitled said:

Pope keeps silent on abuse claim letter at end of Irish visit

FKn with youse guys in like shooting fish in a barrel because  all you pay attention to is the ultraliberal agenda driven media.

The reason why the Pope will not say anything in Ireland is because he already has.

Pope Francis on sex abuse: "We showed no care for the little ones.

August 20, 2018:

LONDON -- Pope Francis on Monday published a scathing letter condemning the cover-up of sexual abuse within the Catholic Church. The letter specifically referred to a Pennsylvania grand jury report, released last week, which said that more than 300 priests abused at least 1,000 children, and likely thousands more, over a seven-decade period.

"The heart-wrenching pain of these victims, which cries out to heaven, was long ignored, kept quiet or silenced," the pope wrote in his letter addressed to the global Catholic community.

10 minutes ago, untitled said:

Post your refutation of this BBC story.

So your saying the Pope didn't say the above ?

The Latest: Pope: parents of gay kids shouldn't condemn them

KNOCK, Ireland (AP)

Pope Francis says parents of gay children shouldn't condemn them, ignore their orientation or throw them out of the house. Rather, he says they should pray, talk and try to understand. Speaking to reporters after closing out a Catholic family rally in Ireland, Francis said: "There have always been gay people and people with homosexual tendencies."

Francis was asked what he would tell a father of a child who just came out as gay. Francis said he would first suggest prayer. "Don't condemn. Dialogue. Understand, give the child space so he or she can express themselves." Francis said it might be necessary seek psychiatric help if a child begins to exhibit "worrisome" traits, but that it's something else if an adult comes out as gay. He urged parents not to respond with silence. "Ignoring child with this tendency shows a lack of motherhood and fatherhood." He said: "This child has the right to a family. And the family not throwing him out."

Update:

Pope Francis is defending his procedures to hold bishops accountable for covering up priestly sex abuse, saying a tribunal isn't necessary and that his ad-hoc approach works better. Francis was asked en route home from Ireland on Sunday about demands from abuse survivors to implement his 2015 decision to create a tribunal section inside the Vatican to judge negligent bishops.

Francis scrapped the idea in 2016 and instead laid out legal procedures to use the existing Vatican bureaucracy to investigate complaints, and then for a college of legal experts to weigh in and advise the pope. Francis said a full-fledged tribunal "wasn't viable or convenient because of the different cultures of the bishops who must be judged." Instead, he said the ad-hoc jury system "works better" and that "several" bishops had already been judged.

Update: 

Pope Francis has declined to confirm or deny claims by the Vatican's retired U.S. ambassador that he briefed the pope in 2013 about sexual misconduct allegations against disgraced ex-Cardinal Theodore McCarrick.

Francis said the 11-page text by Archbishop Carlo Maria Vigano, which reads as a homophobic manifesto and attack on Francis allies in parts, "speaks for itself" and that he wouldn't comment on it. Francis was asked during an airborne press conference Sunday if Vigano's claims that the two discussed McCarrick in 2013 were true. The pope was also asked about Vigano's claims that McCarrick was already under sanction at the time, but that Francis rehabilitated him.

Francis said he had read Vigano's document and trusted journalists to judge for themselves and said: "I won't say a word about it."

Again, Pope Francis has been the least dogmatic and most compassionate pope ever. What he clearly want to do is end the abuse of children by priests. How he does this is up to him. He does not want to engage in any public debate with members of the clergy, because he does not want a  war of words, which would  distract from action. I tend to agree  with him. If he were to resign, it is likely that his replacement would be a pope less likely to deal with this problem, which was what caused Pope Benedict to resign in despair. 

There is an entrenched bureaucracy in the Church that wants to subvert what Francis wants to do.

9 hours ago, untitled said:

But the US should prosecute priests and the Church authorities who permit children being raped.

The Catholic priests that are pedophiles are also registered Democrats..GO FIGURE!

7 minutes ago, 123urout said:

The Catholic priests that are pedophiles are also registered Democrats..GO FIGURE!

What proof do you have that any priests are registered voters of any party? NONE.

Do you actually believe that all who register as Democrats agree with everything that every Democrat does?

If you do, you are an imbecile. 

Just now, XavierOnassis said:

What proof do you have that any priests are registered voters of any party? NONE.

Do you actually believe that all who register as Democrats agree with everything that every Democrat does?

If you do, you are an imbecile. 

I just go with the facts.

We need full criminal prosecutions for priest who raped children and those in authority who covered it up.

Where's the Italian Mafia when you need them?

The Devil has used homosexuality to destroy the Catholic Church.  And, the Catholic Church has permitted this to happen.  The Catholic church must be cleansed of all homosexual Priests.  Priests must not only be permitted to marry, they must be required to marry females, procreate and raise their own children before they are permitted to enter the priesthood and interact with parishioners, especially children. 

It disgusts me how the Devil has figured out how to use the sin of homosexuality to brand Catholicism with the mark of Cain.  Those true, pious Catholic Priests who have adhered to the Word of God, and not strayed, must exorcise the Devil out of the entire Catholic Church, from the Vatican down to the very last homosexual Priest.  Otherwise, the Catholic Church will continue to become the one true Church of Satan.