Senators Susan Collins and Lisa Murkowski, both moderate Republicans who favor abortion rights, are facing pressure from liberal activists to defend Roe v. Wade in the impending confirmation battle over President Trump’s Supreme Court nominee.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/28/us/politics/collins-murkowski-supreme-court-abortion.html

“Remember Susan Collins! Remember Lisa Murkowski!” Neera Tanden, president of the liberal Center for American Progress, exhorted the crowd. “If they claim to be pro-choice, choice is on the line with this decision.”

Ms. Collins, of Maine, and Ms. Murkowski, of Alaska, are powerful — and rare — creatures in Washington: moderate Republican women who favor abortion rights and are unafraid to break with their party.

Their no votes helped sink the Republican repeal of the Affordable Care Act last year; both objected vociferously to a provision that would have stripped funding from Planned Parenthood Federation of America, the women’s health and reproductive rights organization.

Now, with President Trump’s pledge to nominate a “pro-life” jurist to replace the retiring Justice Kennedy, the senators are under pressure as never before. Much like Justice Kennedy, they are swing votes — not in a court case, but in a coming confirmation battle that will shape the Supreme Court, and American jurisprudence, for generations to come.

Planned Parenthood prevents more than 620,000 unintended pregnancies each year, and 220,000 abortions. 

It’s also worth noting that federal law already forbids Planned Parenthood from using the funds it receives from the government for abortions.

So though the fight over Planned Parenthood might be about abortion, Planned Parenthood itself isn’t about abortion. It’s primarily about contraception and reproductive health. 

Birth Control is abortion prevention absolutely. 

Sex Education is abortion prevention.

HA!!  Yea... well they met... Susan Collins take:

"said Judge Kavanaugh told her that he agrees with Justice Roberts' take on Roe v. Wade that “it was settled law.” In addition, she told reporters that the meeting was “very helpful, very productive and very informative.”

Kavanaugh is a done deal !!

https://www.c-span.org/video/?450305-1/supreme-court-nominee-brett-kavanaugh-meets-senator-collins

Unfortunately, Republican Senator Susan Collins (who was voted in with the help of anti-liberal turncoat RollingRock) has signaled that she will vote to confirm Kavanaugh just as she backed Alito, Roberts, and Gorsuch.

Republican Senator Olympia Snowe (who was also voted in with the help of anti-liberal turncoat RollingRock prior to her retirement) voted to confirm Alito and Roberts. She was gone by the time Gorsuch came up.

When people who claim to be "liberals" are actually ratf*ckers (and here I'm looking straight at you Merrill) help Republicans get elected...as you do...I'm here to tell you to f*ck yourself!

Scumbag.

Bill

12 hours ago, merrill said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/28/us/politics/collins-murkowski-supreme-court-abortion.html

“Remember Susan Collins! Remember Lisa Murkowski!” Neera Tanden, president of the liberal Center for American Progress, exhorted the crowd. “If they claim to be pro-choice, choice is on the line with this decision.”

Ms. Collins, of Maine, and Ms. Murkowski, of Alaska, are powerful — and rare — creatures in Washington: moderate Republican women who favor abortion rights and are unafraid to break with their party.

I've written Senator Collins as well as called her office, urging her to vote no on Brett Kavanaugh.  I let her know that I've voted for her in the past, but added that if she votes to confirm Kavanaugh, I will not vote for her again.  I stated that confirming Kavanaugh would indicate to me that a woman's right to choose isn't as important as she has claimed it to be in the past.  I reminded her how important the non-Repubican vote is.   Many others in my state are doing the same.  I hope she steps up.

Besides, no SCOTUS justice should be approved until the Mueller investigation is complete. 

3 hours ago, harryramar said:

trump should not be allowed to appoint the judge who will free him from accountability for his actions. this is still the usa and not some orange banana republic despite the rightist and cultists who hate democracy.

You hate democracy.

Otherwise you wouldn't be complaining about the democratic process.

10 minutes ago, Whitemajikman said:

You hate democracy.

Otherwise you wouldn't be complaining about the democratic process.

you hate the law, otherwise you would not be allowing a scheming crook to appoint the judge who will rule inhis favor like this is Venezuela or something.

Just now, harryramar said:

you hate the law, otherwise you would not be allowing a scheming crook to appoint the judge who will rule inhis favor like this is Venezuela or something.

This is America.....

And there is nothing illegal about the ruling party appointing their partisan judges.

It's been happening like forever.

You keep complaining that Somehow laws are being broken when the truth is there is no law against appointing partisan judges both parties do it.

And as for Trump being a scheming crook that's a matter of opinion .....not fact.

4 minutes ago, Whitemajikman said:

This is America.....

And there is nothing illegal about the ruling party appointing their partisan judges.

You keep complaining that Somehow laws are being broken when the truth is there is no law against appointing partisan judges both parties do it.

So corruption and cronyism is cool with you?  The majority of the country disagree with you.

And as for Trump being a scheming crook that's a matter of opinion .....not fact.

Robert Mueller is converting that opinion into fact as we speak.  Trump's days are numbered.  The walls are closing in.

2 minutes ago, Whitemajikman said:

This is America.....

trump is under investigation for treason, this is criminal not political. to allow a suspect to appoint the judge who will rule on his case is absurd. this ain't Russia, babushka. 

opinion? are you daft? trump has a 40 year record of dishonesty starting by betraying all his wives and his family. your values are not our values ours are much higher. 

53 minutes ago, RollingRock said:

I've written Senator Collins as well as called her office, urging her to vote no on Brett Kavanaugh.  I let her know that I've voted for her in the past, but added that if she votes to confirm Kavanaugh, I will not vote for her again.  I stated that confirming Kavanaugh would indicate to me that a woman's right to choose isn't as important as she has claimed it to be in the past.  I reminded her how important the non-Repubican vote is.   Many others in my state are doing the same.  I hope she steps up.

Besides, no SCOTUS justice should be approved until the Mueller investigation is complete. 

She voted to confirm Alito. You still voted for her.

She voted to confirm Roberts. You still voted for her.

She voted to confirm Gorsuch. You still voted for her.

She will vote to confirm Kavanaugh. You are too freeking late.

Why didn't you learn the lesson from Republican Senator Olympia Snowe, who you also voted in, and who also confirmed right-wing justices?

Do you have a brain in your head? What does it take???

Bill

13 hours ago, merrill said:

Their no votes helped sink the Republican repeal of the Affordable Care Act last year; both objected vociferously to a provision that would have stripped funding from Planned Parenthood Federation of America, the women’s health and reproductive rights organization.

Now, with President Trump’s pledge to nominate a “pro-life” jurist to replace the retiring Justice Kennedy, the senators are under pressure as never before. Much like Justice Kennedy, they are swing votes — not in a court case, but in a coming confirmation battle that will shape the Supreme Court, and American jurisprudence, for generations to come.

Trump would not be president today without ratf*cking Green Party idiots like you, Merrill.

Bill

Just now, harryramar said:

trump is under investigation for treason, this is criminal not political. to allow a suspect to appoint the judge who will rule on his case is absurd. this ain't Russia, babushka. 

opinion? are you daft? trump has a 40 year record of dishonesty starting by betraying all his wives and his family. your values are not our values ours are much higher. 

It's entirely political which is why the entire investigation has found no collusion and is now trying to get trump on a flimsy violation which carries the penalty of a fine and blowing it out of proportion trying to make it an impeach able offence.

And you are in the minority of Americans whom still believe Russia attacked us....

But Assange and his lawyers are in talks all of next week regarding testifying and isn't it suspect that the dems are the ones whom are trying to block that testimony.

But if Julians mom is too be believed ....Seth Rich was the one responsible and he paid with his life.

It's going to be interesting how the left will respond when the truth comes out.

15 hours ago, ConservativeWAVE said:

"said Judge Kavanaugh told her that he agrees with Justice Roberts' take on Roe v. Wade that “it was settled law.” In addition, she told reporters that the meeting was “very helpful, very productive and very informative.”

https://www.c-span.org/video/?450305-1/supreme-court-nominee-brett-kavanaugh-meets-senator-collins

And rightwingers lose the fight to strip women of their rights ONCE AGAIN!!!!!  WOOHOO!  PUrge this nation of these conservative bastards so we can be great again. 

3 hours ago, Scout said:

And rightwingers lose the fight to strip women of their rights ONCE AGAIN!!!!!  WOOHOO!  PUrge this nation of these conservative bastards so we can be great again. 

hey you fukking libard asswipe, roe will never be overturned... it will be sent back to the states!!! You fukking liberals play fear politics way too much!!!

5 hours ago, Scout said:

lol.    So, you actually BELIEVE this anonymous story?
You're such a sheep.    

21 hours ago, ConservativeWAVE said:

and then he will make killing children illegal and we will kill women that kill children

On 8/24/2018 at 11:42 PM, merrill said:

Planned Parenthood prevents more than 620,000 unintended pregnancies each year, and 220,000 abortions. 

It’s also worth noting that federal law already forbids Planned Parenthood from using the funds it receives from the government for abortions.

So though the fight over Planned Parenthood might be about abortion, Planned Parenthood itself isn’t about abortion. It’s primarily about contraception and reproductive health. 

Birth Control is abortion prevention absolutely. 

Sex Education is abortion prevention.

Check your voting status frequently.

Why vote?
Low voter turn out allow the most ardent supporters of extremist candidates and government to run our lives THEIR WAY. Yes a minority controlling Kansas and the USA has been outrageous. Have your say in rejecting their policies to cut school budgets, attack voter rights, underfund our safety net services, attack our impartial courts, ATTACK WOMEN and deny health care where it is most needed.

CONSERVATIVE MEN AND WOMEN VOTE AGAINST WOMEN.

Voters PROTECT Your Right To Vote = ORGANIZE A VOTING DAY PACKET to include:

--- a birth certificate

--- a drivers license or state ID card

--- proof of voter registration etc etc etc.

--- Military Discharge Papers

--- Passports

--- Keep this packet close to protect your right to vote

Do it today in case it is discovered one or more of the above cannot be found. None of these are difficult to replace. But will take time.