Trump Praises Manafort, Saying ‘Unlike Michael Cohen’ He ‘Refused to Break’

WASHINGTON — President Trump on Wednesday praised his just-convicted former campaign chairman for refusing to “break” and cooperate with federal prosecutors investigating Russia’s interference in the 2016 election, expressing appreciation for the personal loyalty of a felon found guilty of defrauding the United States government.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/22/us/politics/trump-cohen-manafort.html

‘How do you spin a fact?’ White House grapples with response to Cohen, Manafort convictions.

President Trump was in a foul mood on Tuesday as he boarded the short flight to his rally in West Virginia and incensed by the wall-to-wall news coverage of his former associates who were convicted in federal courts hours earlier, according to three advisers who were not authorized to speak publicly.

“Feisty,” Sen. Shelley Moore Capito (R-W.Va.) recalled of Trump, in an interview about her trip alongside him. “He’s a fighter, and I think he feels, at least yesterday, besieged and not too happy about it.”

Later, Trump seemed slightly deflated as he spoke to the thousands of supporters gathered before him in Charleston, the capital of a state that he won by more than 40 points, the advisers said.

Fake news and the Russian witch hunt. We got a whole big combination,” Trump told the crowd, the closest he came to mentioning the legal cloud hanging over him during a rally that lasted more than an hour. “Where is the collusion?”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/how-do-you-spin-a-fact-white-house-grapples-with-response-to-cohen-manafort-convictions/2018/08/22/fac19212-a622-11e8-a656-943eefab5daf_story.html?utm_term=.57c41a4425b7

Just leave, Mr Trump.

Lone holdout on Manafort jury blocked conviction on all counts, juror says

A juror in the trial of Paul Manafort said Wednesday that all but one of the jurors wanted to convict President Trump’s former campaign chairman on every charge he faced — though she criticized special counsel prosecutors as seeming “bored” throughout the trial and said she believed their true motive was to “get the dirt on Trump.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/lone-holdout-on-manafort-jury-blocked-conviction-on-all-counts-juror-says/2018/08/23/72fcf926-a685-11e8-8fac-12e98c13528d_story.html?utm_term=.881d53f032fa

21 minutes ago, untitled said:

Lone holdout on Manafort jury blocked conviction on all counts, juror says

A juror in the trial of Paul Manafort said Wednesday that all but one of the jurors wanted to convict President Trump’s former campaign chairman on every charge he faced — though she criticized special counsel prosecutors as seeming “bored” throughout the trial and said she believed their true motive was to “get the dirt on Trump.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/lone-holdout-on-manafort-jury-blocked-conviction-on-all-counts-juror-says/2018/08/23/72fcf926-a685-11e8-8fac-12e98c13528d_story.html?utm_term=.881d53f032fa

I knew it had to be some idiotic, lying Trump cult member, obediently ignoring the evidence.

1 minute ago, Five By Five said:

I still think the powers-that-be won't take Trump down because POTUS is too big to fail and it would cause too many f****** problems

Probably right! The VIP never get prosecuted! Just look at the 'too big to jail bankers' "!They couldn't get Hillary either!

16 minutes ago, Five By Five said:

It's disgusting I wish I Obama  had left the banks just f****** croak in 2009

So do I! Especially Wells Fargo! Who defrauded millions with fake accounts. They also were one of the worst players during the crisis of sub-prime lenders! It was all a set up deal to steal trillions of peoples assets, and Greenspan led the way on it!And soon, they will do it again!