If the gov gave you $10,000...

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Bluenami said:

If the gov gave you $10,000 per year whether you work or not, would you quit your job?

It's not about right or wrong or where the money comes from, but if they did, would you quit?

Easy question.

stfu moron

2 minutes ago, Bluenami said:

If the gov gave you $10,000 per year whether you work or not, would you quit your job?

It's not about right or wrong or where the money comes from, but if they did, would you quit?

Easy question.

No

6 minutes ago, Bluenami said:

Easy question.

It's a dumb question..

Obviously you're setting up a "universal basic income" BS argument...

3 minutes ago, Z09 said:

It's a dumb question..

Obviously you're setting up a "universal basic income" BS argument...

I've never seen an intelligent reply from you.  Even a stopped clock is right twice a day, but you can't even manage as much lol

I'm setting up a "handouts do not = lazy" argument.  First I have to collect data before I can distort it ;)

I would not quit my job for $10,000 per year.

I might be disappointed to learn that the house I had my eye on was suspiciously suddenly $30,000 more.  Or that new car is $5,000 more.  Or my food.  My rent.  My electricity.

The universal basic income doesn't do anything for us until we get rid of the monopolies and cartels.  They will vacuum up any UBI and just get even BIGGER.

2 minutes ago, splunch said:

I would not quit my job for $10,000 per year.

I might be disappointed to learn that the house I had my eye on was suspiciously suddenly $30,000 more.  Or that new car is $5,000 more.  Or my food.  My rent.  My electricity.

The universal basic income doesn't do anything for us until we get rid of the monopolies and cartels.  They will vacuum up any UBI and just get even BIGGER.

Well, remember that investments will go up due to the demand, but consumables will fall in price because of competition and automation.  Investment inflation is a good thing since you want it to be a store of labor.

2 minutes ago, Bluenami said:

Well, remember that investments will go up due to the demand, but consumables will fall in price because of competition and automation.  Investment inflation is a good thing since you want it to be a store of labor.

Why will competition and automation be increasing again? 

Just now, Bluenami said:

So we have 5 no's, 1 pending, and 1 would eat sh!t.

Specifically, he would take it, and then he would get it all sh!tty and ass-juiced, and then eat it.

So really it's 6 no's, 1 pending, and 1 of the no's evidently likes the taste of Liberal ass.

Just now, splunch said:

Why will competition and automation be increasing again? 

Because of demand.  When there is demand, companies recognize it and start competing with each other.  The fierce competition results in automation to undercut the others.

The reason what-should-be-cheap garden tillers cost $400 because china does not make them and the reason they don't make them is there is too little demand for them because nobody has a garden anymore.  Memory for my old ass pc is more expensive now than in 2011.  Lack of demand causes prices to go up because no one competes.

1 minute ago, 123urout said:

10 K....LOL

$10k would help a lot of people and the argument is that people would become lazy and have no incentive to work.  I'm looking for evidence of that.  So far I have none.  Not one person said they would quit.

1 minute ago, Bluenami said:

Because of demand.  When there is demand, companies recognize it and start competing with each other.  The fierce competition results in automation to undercut the others.

The reason what-should-be-cheap garden tillers cost $400 because china does not make them and the reason they don't make them is there is too little demand for them because nobody has a garden anymore.  Memory for my old ass pc is more expensive now than in 2011.  Lack of demand causes prices to go up because no one competes.

What is to stop de facto Monopolies like Verizon and Comcast, our healthcare providers, from just increasing costs knowing that everybody has that extra $10K right now?  If you're selling a house and you know people now have an extra $10K, wouldn't you factor that increased ability to pay into your asking price?  I'm not seeing how demand increases competition in a marketplace already polluted with monopolies and cartels.