HEY, ECKSAVIER (YOU PUTZ)! BIGTEX HAS ONE OF THESE!

You are a dolt.

I suggest you look down the barrel and make sure it is nice and shiny and clean and pull the trigger to see it it works.

We would be better off here with BigExTex than with BigTex.

I have no plans to visit East Texas, so I do not actually care about your goddamned whateverthehell that is.

20 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

You are a dolt.

I suggest you look down the barrel and make sure it is nice and shiny and clean and pull the trigger to see it it works.

I have no plans to visit East Texas, so I do not actually care about your goddamned whateverthehell that is.

So, you don't care that people own main battle  rifles with large-capacity magazines!

GREAT!

BIGTEX is making progress with you!

Thanks for FINALLY seeing at least some things the way BIGTEX and other WISE PEOPLE DO!

4 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

There is nothing wise about you.

I was only saying that I am glad to be 1300 miles away from you and your dumbass guns.

You stated that YOU DID NOT CARE about BIGTEX FN-FAL.

If you don't care about it, you don't care that BIGTEX OWNS IT!

BIGTEX has finally convinced you to agree with him!

ECKSAVIER IS NOW A SUPPORTER OF THE SECOND AMENDMENT, AND SEES NOTHING WRONG WITH BIGTEX OWNING AN MBR!

EXCELLENT, ECKSAVIER!

7 hours ago, XavierOnassis said:

You are a dolt.

YOU ARE A NASTY LITTLE DEVIL LOVING FAGGOT ARENT YOU

8 hours ago, BIGTEX said:

So, you don't care that people own main battle  rifles with large-capacity magazines!

GREAT!

BIGTEX is making progress with you!

Thanks for FINALLY seeing at least some things the way BIGTEX and other WISE PEOPLE DO!

I'll pry that nice piece from your cold, dead hands. Then, I'll use it on yer comrades

HEY, ECKSAVIER (YOU DUMBASS)! BIGTEX HAS ONE OF THESE!  Call it an "assault rifle," DUMBASS! Show your ignorance.

Mechanically, it is an assault rifle.  Why don't you explain why you think it is not an assault rifle.  I mean, if you want to get hyper-technical, I suppose it's a light automatic rifle.  Something that is still select fire, operable by one man, uses a magazine.  I've heard M16's called light automatic rifle too.

Whereas the FAL fires a moderately powerful .308 cartridge and a true "assault rifle" fires something less powerful, like a 30 caliber (7.92×33mm Kurz).  Mechanically, they do the same thing. Is that what you are getting at?

7 minutes ago, Skans said:

Mechanically, it is an assault rifle.  Why don't you explain why you think it is not an assault rifle.  I mean, if you want to get hyper-technical, I suppose it's a light automatic rifle.  Something that is still select fire, operable by one man, uses a magazine.  I've heard M16's called light automatic rifle too.

Whereas the FAL fires a moderately powerful .308 cartridge and a true "assault rifle" fires something less powerful, like a 30 caliber (7.92×33mm Kurz).  Mechanically, they do the same thing. Is that what you are getting at?

BIGTEX has assault rifles and MBRs.

Here is a good place to start learning the distinction:

http://tactdb.blogspot.com/2013/11/battle-rifle-vs-assault-rifle.html

BIGTEX has assault rifles and MBRs.  Here is a good place to start learning the distinction:

I already correctly pointed out the one distinction in my prior post addressing you; being that the FAL fires a moderately more powerful cartridge than something like an MP44.  For that matter, both the M16 and the AK-47 fire more powerful cartridges than the original assault rifle which fired the rather puny 7.92×33mm Kurz.........if you want to get hyper-technical.  I don't know where you think you draw the line between a "storm rifle" and a "battle rifle".

Yeah, I have a FAL also, and a couple .308 "battle rifles" you've probably never heard of.  I don't think I need to read some tacticool blog about battle rifles.  I'm just trying to understand your point of trying to trip someone (a non-gun person) up on calling a FAL an assault rifle - I don't get it. 

14 hours ago, Skans said:

I already correctly pointed out the one distinction in my prior post addressing you; being that the FAL fires a moderately more powerful cartridge than something like an MP44.  For that matter, both the M16 and the AK-47 fire more powerful cartridges than the original assault rifle which fired the rather puny 7.92×33mm Kurz.........if you want to get hyper-technical.  I don't know where you think you draw the line between a "storm rifle" and a "battle rifle".

Yeah, I have a FAL also, and a couple .308 "battle rifles" you've probably never heard of.  I don't think I need to read some tacticool blog about battle rifles.  I'm just trying to understand your point of trying to trip someone (a non-gun person) up on calling a FAL an assault rifle - I don't get it. 

BIGTEX is precise in his writings and he demands others be precise as well.

Liberals know NOTHING about firearms, yet they think they ought to have the right to command those of us who are knowledgeable as to how we should act with respect to those firearms.

You probably are of the ilk who thinks a Colt Python is a pistol, for instance.

You probably are of the ilk who thinks a Colt Python is a pistol, for instance.

Actually, it is a pistol. It is also a revolver, and a handgun, a wheel gun.  A pistol was originally a single-shot, muzzle loaded handgun.  The word has morphed to generally mean handgun with a couple of exceptions, I'm sure.

If you want to be precise, then you would not call your FAL a "Battle Rifle".  It is actually a "light automatic rifle" (if it's full-auto); in fact that is what FAL stands for, when translated.  Is your FAL full-auto?  Do you even own a FAL - it would have to be manufactured in Belgium for you to actually call it a FAL, you know that, right?  Because it could be one of many FAL variants: SAR-48, Israeli FAL, L1A1, R1A1, STG-58, or just one of many parts guns built on an IMBEL, Armscorp, Hesse etc. receivers which purists would call a "Frankenfal".

BIGTEX is precise in his writings

If you want to get precise, then let's get precise! 

As for Pythons, I have two of them.  Both 1st Gens, one manufactured in 1957 and the other in 1960.  Yes, they are safe queens - I used the money I got from selling Serial #25 Cobray Open-bolt carbine to purchase them....bet you've never seen one of those before!  Ugly as freaking sin, made in the 1970's and as far as I can tell, probably less than 50 ever made.

2 hours ago, Skans said:

Actually, it is a pistol. It is also a revolver, and a handgun, a wheel gun.  A pistol was originally a single-shot, muzzle loaded handgun.  The word has morphed to generally mean handgun with a couple of exceptions, I'm sure.

If you want to be precise, then you would not call your FAL a "Battle Rifle".  It is actually a "light automatic rifle" (if it's full-auto); in fact that is what FAL stands for, when translated.  Is your FAL full-auto?  Do you even own a FAL - it would have to be manufactured in Belgium for you to actually call it a FAL, you know that, right?  Because it could be one of many FAL variants: SAR-48, Israeli FAL, L1A1, R1A1, STG-58, or just one of many parts guns built on an IMBEL, Armscorp, Hesse etc. receivers which purists would call a "Frankenfal".

If you want to get precise, then let's get precise! 

As for Pythons, I have two of them.  Both 1st Gens, one manufactured in 1957 and the other in 1960.  Yes, they are safe queens - I used the money I got from selling Serial #25 Cobray Open-bolt carbine to purchase them....bet you've never seen one of those before!  Ugly as freaking sin, made in the 1970's and as far as I can tell, probably less than 50 ever made.

BIGTEX' FN-FAL was manufactured in Belgium, as was his Superposed and his Hi-Powers.

And, TECHNICALLY, a revolver is NOT a pistol.

2 minutes ago, 123urout said:

That would cause crime to go down 66.6%..I say we do it!

No.

It would do away with virtually ALL crime, because THE VAST MAJORITY OF FELONS ARE DUMBOCRATS.

They commit crimes at a MUCH greater rate than their percentage of the population.

BIGTEX' FN-FAL was manufactured in Belgium, as was his Superposed and his Hi-Powers.

Nice!  And, nice Superposed - about 10 years ago, I was trying to buy a nice used Belgian Superposed - I thought I was offering/bidding "market price", but I was always getting outbid; obviously I misjudged the market on that one.  I have a nice C-series Hi-Power with the sweetest SA trigger I've ever experienced.

Technically, a pistol is a single-shot handgun.  Technically.  The term was never intended to include either revolvers or semi-handguns, or any modern handgun for that matter.  The term pistol derives from pistoletpistolese or some other European word which basically describes a single-shot, muzzle loading, flint-lock or matchlock firearm, originating in the 1500's.  In any event, the term "pistol" for centuries described basically the same kind of single-shot muzzle loading firearm, not a Glock, Sig x-Five, CZ 75B or even a Hi-Point.

• bludog changed the title to HEY, ECKSAVIER (YOU PUTZ)! BIGTEX HAS ONE OF THESE!