Jump to content

Colorado seeks to deny religious liberty of Christian baker


Recommended Posts

Link

 

LGBT-Bake-the-cake.jpg?resize=560%2C280&

 

A little over two months ago, the Supreme Court ruled 7-2 in favor of Jack Phillips, the Christian baker who refused to bake a custom wedding cake for a homosexual couple, claiming that doing so would violate his religious liberty.

 

The decision was hailed by evangelical Trumpservatives as a victory for religious liberty and a confirmation that their support of Donald Trump—an immoral man they believe was chosen by God to bring morality back to America—was God’s will and an answer to their prayers.

 

As I and other conservatives who refused to drink the orange Kool-Aid warned at the time, the apparently lopsided victory was, in reality, a narrow decision because it failed to protect religious liberty after the question on whether the government can pass laws forcing Christians to violate their consciences in the marketplace remained unanswered.

 

These warnings were rejected by the army of cheap grace evangelicals and Trumpservatives goose-stepping their way down the road of compromise that leads to the abyss of tyranny. Our predictions about how religious liberty was still in danger proved true yesterday in a new “bake the damn cake” case.

 

Shortly after the Supreme Court ruling in favor of Phillips, a transgender lawyer asked him to bake a gender transition cake—apparently mental illness and cutting off certain body parts is an occasion to throw a party—which would be pink on the inside and blue on the outside to symbolize the transformation from one gender to another. Phillips refused based on the same religious grounds as before, and bada bing, bada boom, a new discrimination case was born.

 

Of course, Phillips will fight this new government attack on his Christian faith in court, and the Alliance Defending Freedom, which represented Phillips in the prior case will defend him again.

 

Many evangelical Trumpservatives will feel a sense of optimism based on the Supreme Court ruling in the prior case, but they shouldn’t. After all, that ruling was essentially made irrelevant once Colorado filed new charges based on the same scenario.

 

In another brilliant analysis, Daniel Horowitz warns us that even the optimism being felt with the prospect of Bret Kavanaugh replacing Anthony Kennedy on the Supreme Court is misplaced because “victories” from the high court aren’t always as they appear. We can’t rely on the tyrannical courts to do what “we the people” need to do for ourselves.

 

I hate that my conservative friends and I were right about the first Masterpiece Cakeshop case, but the fact that we were needs to serve as a wakeup call to evangelical Trumpservatives. As it was in the days of Dietrich Bonhoeffer and Nazi Germany, America won’t survive on her current course of lukewarm spirituality and political indifference.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, DennisTheMenace said:

Link

 

A little over two months ago, the Supreme Court ruled 7-2 in favor of Jack Phillips, the Christian baker who refused to bake a custom wedding cake for a homosexual couple, claiming that doing so would violate his religious liberty.

 

The decision was hailed by evangelical Trumpservatives as a victory for religious liberty and a confirmation that their support of Donald Trump—an immoral man they believe was chosen by God to bring morality back to America—was God’s will and an answer to their prayers.

 

As I and other conservatives who refused to drink the orange Kool-Aid warned at the time, the apparently lopsided victory was, in reality, a narrow decision because it failed to protect religious liberty after the question on whether the government can pass laws forcing Christians to violate their consciences in the marketplace remained unanswered.

 

These warnings were rejected by the army of cheap grace evangelicals and Trumpservatives goose-stepping their way down the road of compromise that leads to the abyss of tyranny. Our predictions about how religious liberty was still in danger proved true yesterday in a new “bake the damn cake” case.

 

Shortly after the Supreme Court ruling in favor of Phillips, a transgender lawyer asked him to bake a gender transition cake—apparently mental illness and cutting off certain body parts is an occasion to throw a party—which would be pink on the inside and blue on the outside to symbolize the transformation from one gender to another. Phillips refused based on the same religious grounds as before, and bada bing, bada boom, a new discrimination case was born.

 

Of course, Phillips will fight this new government attack on his Christian faith in court, and the Alliance Defending Freedom, which represented Phillips in the prior case will defend him again.

Many evangelical Trumpservatives will feel a sense of optimism based on the Supreme Court ruling in the prior case, but they shouldn’t. After all, that ruling was essentially made irrelevant once Colorado filed new charges based on the same scenario.

 

In another brilliant analysis, Daniel Horowitz warns us that even the optimism being felt with the prospect of Bret Kavanaugh replacing Anthony Kennedy on the Supreme Court is misplaced because “victories” from the high court aren’t always as they appear. We can’t rely on the tyrannical courts to do what “we the people” need to do for ourselves.

 

I hate that my conservative friends and I were right about the first Masterpiece Cakeshop case, but the fact that we were needs to serve as a wakeup call to evangelical Trumpservatives. As it was in the days of Dietrich Bonhoeffer and Nazi Germany, America won’t survive on her current course of lukewarm spirituality and political indifference.

just sparking social collisions of interpreting same events countless ways each way gets a side to compete in popular paths of ignoring being eternally separated so far. Devil's advocates have to be on call 24/7 away from their real ancestral position.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, DennisTheMenace said:

Link

 

LGBT-Bake-the-cake.jpg?resize=560%2C280&

 

A little over two months ago, the Supreme Court ruled 7-2 in favor of Jack Phillips, the Christian baker who refused to bake a custom wedding cake for a homosexual couple, claiming that doing so would violate his religious liberty.

 

The decision was hailed by evangelical Trumpservatives as a victory for religious liberty and a confirmation that their support of Donald Trump—an immoral man they believe was chosen by God to bring morality back to America—was God’s will and an answer to their prayers.

 

As I and other conservatives who refused to drink the orange Kool-Aid warned at the time, the apparently lopsided victory was, in reality, a narrow decision because it failed to protect religious liberty after the question on whether the government can pass laws forcing Christians to violate their consciences in the marketplace remained unanswered.

 

These warnings were rejected by the army of cheap grace evangelicals and Trumpservatives goose-stepping their way down the road of compromise that leads to the abyss of tyranny. Our predictions about how religious liberty was still in danger proved true yesterday in a new “bake the damn cake” case.

 

Shortly after the Supreme Court ruling in favor of Phillips, a transgender lawyer asked him to bake a gender transition cake—apparently mental illness and cutting off certain body parts is an occasion to throw a party—which would be pink on the inside and blue on the outside to symbolize the transformation from one gender to another. Phillips refused based on the same religious grounds as before, and bada bing, bada boom, a new discrimination case was born.

 

Of course, Phillips will fight this new government attack on his Christian faith in court, and the Alliance Defending Freedom, which represented Phillips in the prior case will defend him again.

Many evangelical Trumpservatives will feel a sense of optimism based on the Supreme Court ruling in the prior case, but they shouldn’t. After all, that ruling was essentially made irrelevant once Colorado filed new charges based on the same scenario.

 

In another brilliant analysis, Daniel Horowitz warns us that even the optimism being felt with the prospect of Bret Kavanaugh replacing Anthony Kennedy on the Supreme Court is misplaced because “victories” from the high court aren’t always as they appear. We can’t rely on the tyrannical courts to do what “we the people” need to do for ourselves.

 

I hate that my conservative friends and I were right about the first Masterpiece Cakeshop case, but the fact that we were needs to serve as a wakeup call to evangelical Trumpservatives. As it was in the days of Dietrich Bonhoeffer and Nazi Germany, America won’t survive on her current course of lukewarm spirituality and political indifference.

that lawyer needs disbarred....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, DennisTheMenace said:

Link

 

LGBT-Bake-the-cake.jpg?resize=560%2C280&

 

A little over two months ago, the Supreme Court ruled 7-2 in favor of Jack Phillips, the Christian baker who refused to bake a custom wedding cake for a homosexual couple, claiming that doing so would violate his religious liberty.

 

The decision was hailed by evangelical Trumpservatives as a victory for religious liberty and a confirmation that their support of Donald Trump—an immoral man they believe was chosen by God to bring morality back to America—was God’s will and an answer to their prayers.

 

As I and other conservatives who refused to drink the orange Kool-Aid warned at the time, the apparently lopsided victory was, in reality, a narrow decision because it failed to protect religious liberty after the question on whether the government can pass laws forcing Christians to violate their consciences in the marketplace remained unanswered.

 

These warnings were rejected by the army of cheap grace evangelicals and Trumpservatives goose-stepping their way down the road of compromise that leads to the abyss of tyranny. Our predictions about how religious liberty was still in danger proved true yesterday in a new “bake the damn cake” case.

 

Shortly after the Supreme Court ruling in favor of Phillips, a transgender lawyer asked him to bake a gender transition cake—apparently mental illness and cutting off certain body parts is an occasion to throw a party—which would be pink on the inside and blue on the outside to symbolize the transformation from one gender to another. Phillips refused based on the same religious grounds as before, and bada bing, bada boom, a new discrimination case was born.

 

Of course, Phillips will fight this new government attack on his Christian faith in court, and the Alliance Defending Freedom, which represented Phillips in the prior case will defend him again.

 

Many evangelical Trumpservatives will feel a sense of optimism based on the Supreme Court ruling in the prior case, but they shouldn’t. After all, that ruling was essentially made irrelevant once Colorado filed new charges based on the same scenario.

 

In another brilliant analysis, Daniel Horowitz warns us that even the optimism being felt with the prospect of Bret Kavanaugh replacing Anthony Kennedy on the Supreme Court is misplaced because “victories” from the high court aren’t always as they appear. We can’t rely on the tyrannical courts to do what “we the people” need to do for ourselves.

 

I hate that my conservative friends and I were right about the first Masterpiece Cakeshop case, but the fact that we were needs to serve as a wakeup call to evangelical Trumpservatives. As it was in the days of Dietrich Bonhoeffer and Nazi Germany, America won’t survive on her current course of lukewarm spirituality and political indifference.

Notice when Muslim bakers refused to make gay cakes...the left said NOTHING!  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, bigsky said:

that's pretty liberal aint it...trying to force someone to reject their moral objections to others behavior......that is pretty fascistic if you ask me

Get in touch with your feminine side. In preparation of the big conversion

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Zaro said:

Get in touch with your feminine side. In preparation of the big conversion

good point....I think a Christian cake baker...or even one that thinks faggotism is gross and sh itty.....should be able to force the intending faggot to go to church for the rest of his life if he wants his cake baked by a Christian...and if it is an atheist that thinks faggots are gay.....then he should be able to just kill the faggot....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Zaro said:

 

All my points are good. It took you long enough to figure that out

While my points point outside, they get deeper into how life functions than anything your society's deep philosophies suggest life originated beyond the moment here.

 

Picture_123.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, personreal said:

Notice when Muslim bakers refused to make gay cakes...the left said NOTHING!  

so since the jews killed jesus  Christians can refuse to serve jews. man you guys are really smart people. I don't know why trump calls y'all poorly educated. LOL

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, harryramar said:

so since the jews killed jesus  Christians can refuse to serve jews. man you guys are really smart people. I don't know why trump calls y'all poorly educated. LOL

Yer a coward dodging the point.

 

The Christian bakers were targeted...the left would never do that to Muslims cause their ideology is fake and dysfunctional.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Zaro said:

Christian yahoos will be forced to conduct themselves like decent people. That's all there is to it

Forced?  That sounds about right for yer ideology.

 

BTW...the a**holes at the Westboro Baptist Church used inflammatory language to create laws suits.

 

Their founder was a guy who ran for office as a democrat.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Duck615 said:

Libtards want to limit the rights of American's.... Geeze and you wonder why they are so hated!!!

Fuggers like you want to hide behind your sh*t religion when you discriminate

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Duck615 said:

sorry you can't respect our religious rights that the Constitution granted us!!! Typical libtard kunt!!

I respect religious rights. What I don't respect is bigot fuggers like you

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...