Trump defends Manafort as jury begins second day of deliberations

President Trump defended his former campaign chairman Paul Manafort on Friday, saying “it’s very sad what they’ve done” to him, as jurors began their second day of deliberating whether Manafort is guilty of tax and bank fraud crimes.

Trump, speaking with reporters on the White House lawn, was asked about a possible pardon for the 69-year-old Manafort.

Trump declined to answer that question, but defended Manafort.

“I think the whole Manafort trial is very sad. When you look at what’s going on, I think it’s a very sad day for our country,” Trump said, adding that Manafort “happens to be a very good person, I think it’s very sad what they’ve done to Paul Manafort.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/jury-begins-deliberations-in-paul-manaforts-tax--and-bank-fraud-trial/2018/08/16/d2b0f486-a170-11e8-8e87-c869fe70a721_story.html?utm_term=.73c4046d388a

The Mafia Don protecting one of his henchmen.

40 minutes ago, untitled said:

President Trump defended his former campaign chairman Paul Manafort on Friday, saying “it’s very sad what they’ve done” to him, as jurors began their second day of deliberating whether Manafort is guilty of tax and bank fraud crimes.

Trump, speaking with reporters on the White House lawn, was asked about a possible pardon for the 69-year-old Manafort.

Trump declined to answer that question, but defended Manafort.

“I think the whole Manafort trial is very sad. When you look at what’s going on, I think it’s a very sad day for our country,” Trump said, adding that Manafort “happens to be a very good person, I think it’s very sad what they’ve done to Paul Manafort.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/jury-begins-deliberations-in-paul-manaforts-tax--and-bank-fraud-trial/2018/08/16/d2b0f486-a170-11e8-8e87-c869fe70a721_story.html?utm_term=.73c4046d388a

The Mafia Don protecting one of his henchmen.

Witness tampering.

Add to the list of Trump crimes.

Now the liberal "free press" is demanding the Judge release the names and addresses of the jurors. 

No.  Really.

ienmzB1D_normal.jpg
The judge will hold a hearing on a motion by CNN and media organizations to unseal the names and addresses of jurors as well as other parts of the trial that are currently secret.

“A thirsty press is essential in a free country,” the Judge said in announcing the hearing.

Just now, splunch said:

I cannot believe he's sticking his neck out for a dude who is very likely going to be convicted on some seriously heavy duty charges.  I swear, Trump might be the stupidest person to ever hold an office.

Maybe not stupid, just arrogant. It's working so far.

Just now, untitled said:

Just now, untitled said:

What about Manafort illegally getting loans and working for Russia? You support crime?

I asked questions first... you answer than I will answer yours!!!!

You liberals always try and deflect!!