Trump has shattered reality. The quintessential narcissist Trump has done to the nation what a narcissist does to their victim. If we are fortunate the Helsinki unveiling of Trump the Russian Puppet (And that is what we saw) may shake a few more on the Right to conscious but I do not expect a torrent. Those under the spell, his rabid base, will never see what is going on and never snap out of it. We as a nation cannot wait for the GOP to 'come around' or 'do the right thing' because we do not know how deep the infiltration goes. Every second Trump remains at the helm we are in terrible DANGER!  We re in the eye of the hurricane right now. We endured as a nation a political script likely written in Moscow and acted out by trump et el on the entire nation. Think about this. The hatred and division he fanned. We will soon be seeing the back end of the storm that hopefully sweeps all of these clowns out of office and into a Federal Penitentiary. If the summit was not a disaster in and of itself the FACT THAT NOBODY BUT THE RUSSIANS KNOW WHAT HAPPENED IN THE ROOM BETWEEN TRUMP AND PUTIN? That is terrifying.  I would not turn my back on Trump if he was in a room with me let alone trust the safety and security of the FREE WORLD to this MADMAN AND TRAITOR. This current situation cannot stand. It cannot wait till the election that is under attack and undefended. The entire GOP are now complicit in Trump's treason. Trump is facing legal charges that will likely result in life in prison for him and many cronies. Dose all you know of Trumps personality lead you to believe he will go to prison before he runs to Putin for help in propping up his regime? The walls are closing in on Trump and sadly we are all in the box right along with him.

13 hours ago, pentiumpilot said:

If the summit was not a disaster in and of itself the FACT THAT NOBODY BUT THE RUSSIANS KNOW WHAT HAPPENED IN THE ROOM BETWEEN TRUMP AND PUTIN? That is terrifying.

Yes, but it's also not exactly true. There was an American translator in the room too.

Her name is Marina Gross. The following are quotes from the article, to which a link is provided at the bottom of this post.

Rep. Bill Pascrell (D-N.J.) on Tuesday called for the American translator present during President Trump's private meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin to tell Congress what was said during the encounter.

His call echoes similar proposals made Tuesday by Sen. Jeanne Shaheen (D-N.H.) and Rep. Joe Kennedy III (D-Mass.), who both said the American translator should testify in front of Congress.

Though Putin speaks English, both Trump and Putin had translators with them at the meeting in Helsinki due to protocol.

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/397547-dem-lawmaker-calls-on-house-to-subpoena-american-translator-from-trump-putin

12 minutes ago, laripu said:

Yes, but it's also not exactly true

Yes there was a translator but it is unlikely she will be forced to disclose what she know through legal or political means. If her client was not the president of the USA she would be interrogated by intelligence as we speak. I do not think Putin would presume that the room was not bugged so likely what was discussed was in nuance and plausibly deniable. 

6 minutes ago, pentiumpilot said:

I do not think Putin would presume that the room was not bugged so likely what was discussed was in nuance and plausibly deniable. 

True, but Trump isn't nearly as careful or smart.

And Marina Gross may herself be itching to talk and looking for any excuse, if only to a House or Senate committee.

10 minutes ago, laripu said:

And Marina Gross may herself be itching to talk and looking for any excuse, if only to a House or Senate committee

I would not want to be her right now. With both Trump and Putin possibly having a vested interest in keeping her silent.

17 minutes ago, pentiumpilot said:

I would not want to be her right now. With both Trump and Putin possibly having a vested interest in keeping her silent.

Good point.

She probably knows enough not to make noises about talking.

Alternately, maybe nothing criminal was discussed. I suppose Putin and Trump have other ways to communicate if necessary.

Or maybe nothing is necessary. Maybe Trump is a fool on automatic. :)