Sign in to follow this  
peter45

Do Liberals accept "conservative" lies without thinking?

"The Democrats want to eliminate ICE"

That is what the LMSM newscaster said!

The LMSM is supposed to be the Liberal Main Street Media.

Except,

the LMSM is corporate owned.

So,

isn't it the COLMSM?

What the Democratic Senator said,

was that ICE should be replaced by something else.

But, somehow, "replaced" was replaced with "eliminated".

But the station manager gets to write the story the way he thinks his audience wants to hear it.

But the next day, you see all these people carrying signs saying that ICE should be eliminated.

Which, of course, translates into,

"Democrats want wide open borders",

which is like red meat to "conservatives".

Fits right into the Republican lie machine just fine.

The best sign to carry would be "Eliminate Republicans this November"

I haven't watched the 'liberal' media much lately, but I have noticed MSNBC doing a lot more of exactly what you are referring to.

Been watching more freespeech TV. Thomm Hartmann has a good show, with some very good documentaries occassionally.

1 hour ago, ExPDXer said:

The best sign to carry would be "Eliminate Republicans this November"

I haven't watched the 'liberal' media much lately, but I have noticed MSNBC doing a lot more of exactly what you are referring to.

Been watching more freespeech TV. Thomm Hartmann has a good show, with some very good documentaries occassionally.

"ICE the Republicans".

I've been watching Robert Reich lately, on Facebook and You tube.  His main focus is the increasing income inequality in America.  He understands it down to the last detail and  is a great communicator in favor of economic justice.  If only the Democratic Party had the resources to widely publicize the work of people like Reich and Thom Hartmann, the way Republicans have been able to do for say, Fox news and Rush Limbaugh, we could change the political landscape in America. 

Corporate owned, left-leaning MSM confine their commentators to almost completely progressive social issues and forbid any in-depth discussion of the wealth gap.  For instance, on rare occasions, Rachael Maddow,  has  discussed income inequality but stops short at the root political corruption causing it ...  Legalized bribery of politicians in both parties by big money interests, in return for custom legislation, often written by lobbyists or donors themselves.  Although a liberal commentator like Maddow can get away with occasional forays into the subject of the wealth gap, she, evidently, still feels constrained not to explain the entire process.

Other Liberal commentators with lower ratings tend to stay away form the subject of income inequality altogether.

Do Liberals accept "conservative" lies without thinking?

First, consider the source and then the content.   A Liberal friend recently mentioned that her company was laying off people and remarked  "And it's strange because business is booming ".  She had apparently accepted the idea of 'trickle down' without conscious thought.  When I pointed out, as tactfully as I could, that she was erroneously accepting the trickle down theory, she immediately understood.  But any of us can fall prey to selected misinformation if caught off-guard.