Do you?

I like to make smores with them (put marshmellows and piece of hershey chocolate on graham cracker, microve wave 17 seconds, have to be careful to not overheat [I

had a girlfriend like that one time], careful not to burn your lips).

I like Fritos too.

Enjoy!😍

I dislike graham crackers.

I like fish eggs. Roe roe roe, about. 

The Greeks and the Romanians have similar roe spreads: taramosalata (Greek) and Salate de Icre (Romanian). I grew up eating the latter, calling it Ecra.

The Russians took that dish and brought the custom if eating roe east as far as Japan. They also called it ecra. The Japanese have a hard time with adjacent consonants: they have to add a vowel. Hence the Japanese word for salmon eggs is ikura, their pronunciation of ecra.

Ecra:

250 g of roe (if salted, soak in water, contained in a fine-meshed cloth)

juice of 1 large lemon

half a medium onion, grated

bread crumbs

Olive oil

In what follows, use a fork to mix:

Mix the row and grated onion.

Slowly add a tiny bit of oil and a tiny bit of the breadcrumbs, mix.

Continue until you like the consistency for a spread. (Probably between half a cup and a cup of breadcrumbs.)

You must add small amounts at a time, together, or the oil won't properly integrate.

There you have ecra !!! (Insanely good.)

1 hour ago, laripu said:

I dislike graham crackers.

I like fish eggs. Roe roe roe, about. 

The Greeks and the Romanians have similar roe spreads: taramosalata (Greek) and Salate de Icre (Romanian). I grew up eating the latter, calling it Ecra.

The Russians took that dish and brought the custom if eating roe east as far as Japan. They also called it ecra. The Japanese have a hard time with adjacent consonants: they have to add a vowel. Hence the Japanese word for salmon eggs is ikura, their pronunciation of ecra.

Ecra:

250 g of roe (if salted, soak in water, contained in a fine-meshed cloth)

juice of 1 large lemon

half a medium onion, grated

bread crumbs

Olive oil

In what follows, use a fork to mix:

Mix the row and grated onion.

Slowly add a tiny bit of oil and a tiny bit of the breadcrumbs, mix.

Continue until you like the consistency for a spread. (Probably between half a cup and a cup of breadcrumbs.)

You must add small amounts at a time, together, or the oil won't properly integrate.

There you have ecra !!! (Insanely good.)

Sounds good. I like that kind of stuff.

In spain I used to love fried octopus. It was always available in the cafes.

I'll dam near eat anything. At least once, anyway.

Now chitterlings, I never tried them yet. I'll wait.😀

Baked wild caught salmon with spinach and rice cooked together.

What do you think of cayenne pepper? Chinese mustard?

Happy family chinese dinners?

15 hours ago, GorgeousGeorge said:

Now chitterlings, I never tried them yet. I'll wait.😀

I've had that once. You're not missing anything.  I do eat tripe.  All of that is highly dependent on how well it's cleaned. Kidney too. Nothing owrse than your food tasting like pee or poo.  Also the case with sausages when they use natural casings.

On the other hand, heart and lung are both really good. You just have to get rid of the veins in both of those.

Baked wild caught salmon with spinach and rice cooked together.

I like salmon in many different guises. For example, I make lox.  Like this: http://www.cookingforengineers.com/recipe/132/Gravlax, except to the dry ingredients I add a tablespoon of gin.  Then I rinse and soak for 15 minutes, twice, in ice water, to get rid of excess salt.  Homemade lox beats the commercial variety any day, especially if you cold-smoke it afterward.

What do you think of cayenne pepper? Chinese mustard?

Happy family chinese dinners?

I love most Asian food, exceptions being durian (a stinky fruit) and 100-year eggs.

I have to be careful with cayenne because I can overdo it.  I like a bit of spice but my wife doesn't tolerate it as well as I do at the moment, and if I overdo it she'll accuse me of ruining food.

Here's a recipe for you: Bibeleskaes. That means chick cheese in German. It's an east German and Alsatian dish, but it's made all over Europe. My mother made something similar and she was from Poland. Traditionally eaten with boiled potatoes, but any breads or croissants will do just fine. My mother mixed in chopped up hard-boiled egg for a bit of protein. I use more garlic than is allowed by law. 😈   .... In everything.

4 hours ago, laripu said:

I've had that once. You're not missing anything.  I do eat tripe.  All of that is highly dependent on how well it's cleaned. Kidney too. Nothing owrse than your food tasting like pee or poo.  Also the case with sausages when they use natural casings.

On the other hand, heart and lung are both really good. You just have to get rid of the veins in both of those.

I like salmon in many different guises. For example, I make lox.  Like this: http://www.cookingforengineers.com/recipe/132/Gravlax, except to the dry ingredients I add a tablespoon of gin.  Then I rinse and soak for 15 minutes, twice, in ice water, to get rid of excess salt.  Homemade lox beats the commercial variety any day, especially if you cold-smoke it afterward.

I love most Asian food, exceptions being durian (a stinky fruit) and 100-year eggs.

I have to be careful with cayenne because I can overdo it.  I like a bit of spice but my wife doesn't tolerate it as well as I do at the moment, and if I overdo it she'll accuse me of ruining food.

Here's a recipe for you: Bibeleskaes. That means chick cheese in German. It's an east German and Alsatian dish, but it's made all over Europe. My mother made something similar and she was from Poland. Traditionally eaten with boiled potatoes, but any breads or croissants will do just fine. My mother mixed in chopped up hard-boiled egg for a bit of protein. I use more garlic than is allowed by law. 😈   .... In everything.

Sounds delicious, I'm gonna make some. thanks.

Garlic is very healthy and it keeps away vampire trump people.

My grandmother was from poland. me, 100% per cent polish, I think.

How about perogies? I love it stuffed with cottage cheese. After boiling it I then saute it in butter and a little onions in a frying pan and top with sour cream.

1 hour ago, GorgeousGeorge said:

How about perogies? I love it stuffed with cottage cheese. After boiling it I then saute it in butter and a little onions in a frying pan and top with sour cream.

I like them either way: boiled with some fried onions or sauted in some oil with either onions or sour cream or both.

How about borscht?  This was my dad's favorite, with sour cream, on hot days. 

On the subject of beets, I made some fermented beets and turnips, once. It was a few years ago, when my wife was away visiting her son and his kids in Canada. Everything went into the food processor to grate, but it leaked beet juice all over the place. The kitchen was red everywhere. I was thinking at the time, if someone comes over and sees this, with my wife absent, they'll think  the beet juice was blood and that I killed her and chopped her up right there in the kitchen.   😝

3 hours ago, laripu said:

I like them either way: boiled with some fried onions or sauted in some oil with either onions or sour cream or both.

How about borscht?  This was my dad's favorite, with sour cream, on hot days. 

On the subject of beets, I made some fermented beets and turnips, once. It was a few years ago, when my wife was away visiting her son and his kids in Canada. Everything went into the food processor to grate, but it leaked beet juice all over the place. The kitchen was red everywhere. I was thinking at the time, if someone comes over and sees this, with my wife absent, they'll think  the beet juice was blood and that I killed her and chopped her up right there in the kitchen.   😝

😊 That reminds me of a story.

When I get spam calls from live people I always say, "Hi maggie, everything went well but there was a lot of blood."

They always hang up and never call back.

17 hours ago, GorgeousGeorge said:

😊 That reminds me of a story.

When I get spam calls from live people I always say, "Hi maggie, everything went well but there was a lot of blood."

They always hang up and never call back.

Lol 😁

Yes. Smores are great. I also like to nibble on roasted candied pecans. The ones you get at fairs and Scarborough Fair. Yum yum

1 hour ago, Zaro said:

Yes. Smores are great. I also like to nibble on roasted candied pecans. The ones you get at fairs and Scarborough Fair. Yum yum

County fair food, love it. corn dogs, fried sausage onions and peckers, cotton candy, all the good stuff. They had great pecans at "South Of The Border" in carolina. Ever been there? Super cheesy place, love it. 

Yoo, Yeah! Vote for Pedro!

http://www.thesouthoftheborder.com/

19 hours ago, GorgeousGeorge said:

County fair food, love it. corn dogs, fried sausage onions and peckers, cotton candy, all the good stuff. They had great pecans at "South Of The Border" in carolina. Ever been there? Super cheesy place, love it. 

Yoo, Yeah! Vote for Pedro!

http://www.thesouthoftheborder.com/

During Jim Crow, the owner Alan Shafer hired and served black people. The Klan protested there, didn't stop him.

http://jhssc.org/2015/05/27/south-of-the-border/

7 hours ago, laripu said:

During Jim Crow, the owner Alan Shafer hired and served black people. The Klan protested there, didn't stop him.

http://jhssc.org/2015/05/27/south-of-the-border/

Great link and story. This is my first read after taking a break for a while to recharge my mental love batteries. Very refreshing before wandering to the hate section, nhb. 

it was quite a few years ago since I was there. They have made a lot of improvements since the late 70's but it still maintains its magical charm.

It was and still is an oasis in the middle of a racist desert.

12 hours ago, GorgeousGeorge said:

Great link and story. This is my first read after taking a break for a while to recharge my mental love batteries. Very refreshing before wandering to the hate section, nhb. 

I stopped going there. Nothing there makes sense. It's just Trumpism cultists, insults, and idiocy. 

Graham crackers and cool whip. Trust me.

Do threads on the board always get hijacked and ruined? Or just on the casual threads. I realize this isn't really a "liberal" topic but I had to put in my 2 cents.

3 hours ago, JimGaddio said:

Graham crackers and cool whip. Trust me.

Do threads on the board always get hijacked and ruined? Or just on the casual threads. I realize this isn't really a "liberal" topic but I had to put in my 2 cents.

You are always welcome here. Even the good, the bad and the ugly.

Yours was an upstanding post. Whipped cream is always a pleasure, no matter what the situation.

On ‎7‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 10:28 PM, GorgeousGeorge said:

Do you?

I like to make smores with them (put marshmellows and piece of hershey chocolate on graham cracker, microve wave 17 seconds, have to be careful to not overheat [I

had a girlfriend like that one time], careful not to burn your lips).

Rookie.

Have spoon. Crush em' into a bowl, add milk.

20 hours ago, teacher said:

Rookie.

Have spoon. Crush em' into a bowl, add milk.

I like whipped cream the best. It's sexy.