WillFranklin

Revenue Is Actually Down For Months That Are Indicative Of The New Trump Tax Scam

February 2017 revenue was 171,713,000,000 but February 2018 revenue was only 155,623,000,000.

March 2017 revenue was 216,584,000,000 but March 2018 revenue was only 210,832,000,000

May 2017 revenue was 240,418,000,000 dollars but May 2018 revenue was only 217,075,000,000 dollars

June 2017 revenue was 338,660,000,000 dollars but June 2018 revenue was only 316,278,000,000 dollars

July 2017 revenue was 232,040,000,000 but July 2018 revenue was only 225,266,000,000

https://www.fiscal.treasury.gov/fsreports/rpt/mthTreasStmt/mts0718.pdf

Good work Will.  The Trump tax scam on America will have numerous negative consequences, one of which will be to make it that much harder for any new Democratic administration to fix the damage he did.

18 hours ago, bludog said:

Good work Will.  The Trump tax scam on America will have numerous negative consequences, one of which will be to make it that much harder for any new Democratic administration to fix the damage he did.

I plan to keep this thread and the companion thread in NHB going indefinitely to track the loss of revenue due to the Trump Tax Scam. What I need to decide is what to compare each month to next year starting in February, 2019.

Great timing too. Not that the Federal Dept is something to worry incessantly too much about, but one would hope that when times were good government revenue would increase. I would think that when times were good it would be a great time for the Federal government to actually invest in real things that have a payoff for its citizens off into the future. You know, like rebuilding a broken infrastructure. Working in a big way to do something about climate change. Or maybe we should just wait for the next recession when all the market capitalization falls flat and only the government can supply any demand?

Peace!

On 9/3/2018 at 5:32 PM, WillFranklin said:

I plan to keep this thread and the companion thread in NHB going indefinitely to track the loss of revenue due to the Trump Tax Scam. What I need to decide is what to compare each month to next year starting in February, 2019.

Why not put the number in excel then graph them?  You could have a nominal and year-over-year percent change for each month.

Here are the corporate tax receipts https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/B075RC1Q027SBEA

It looks like this will be the first time that corp tax receipts fell sharply without a recession being the cause.

fredgraph.png?g=liTl

fredgraph.png?g=liTj

On 9/2/2018 at 8:15 PM, bludog said:

And probably makes it easier for cons to blame the democrats, that is their playbook to a tee, screw things up and start pushing blame on the other side. Absolutely the most disgusting example of leadership in this country.

3 hours ago, fourputt said:

And probably makes it easier for cons to blame the democrats, that is their playbook to a tee, screw things up and start pushing blame on the other side. Absolutely the most disgusting example of leadership in this country.

No doubt about it.  Con administrations usually inherit a sound economy from Democratic administrations.  As a matter of routine political strategy, they increase foreign debt for the purpose of lowering taxes almost all for the Ultra Rich.  However, they make sure these tax bills also slightly lower Middle Class taxes by a tiny pittance for disinformation purposes ...  Leaving the Middle Class  to pay an ever-increasing share of all US taxation. 

The Republicans then use their Right Wing Noise Machine, of which we have almost no counterpart,  to falsely claim the the tax cuts for the Super Rich give relief exclusively to the Middle Class.  The resultant fiscal mess is then blamed on incoming Democratic Administrations which find themselves having to dig their way out of the damage to the economy, done by previous Republican administrations.

This deceitful, irresponsible pattern of Republican duplicity is decimating the Middle Class while enlarging the ranks of the poor.  As big special interest money floods political campaigns and lobbyists, funded by the Plutocracy have free reign in Congress to bribe lawmakers with large sums, we are fast turning into a Plutocracy in which the will of the electorate counts for less and less while legalized bribery only the super rich can afford, increasingly rules Washington DC.

On 9/20/2018 at 10:38 PM, bludog said:

No doubt about it.  Con administrations usually inherit a sound economy from Democratic administrations.  As a matter of routine political strategy, they increase foreign debt for the purpose of lowering taxes almost all for the Ultra Rich.  However, they make sure these tax bills also slightly lower Middle Class taxes by a tiny pittance for disinformation purposes ...  Leaving the Middle Class  to pay an ever-increasing share of all US taxation. 

The Republicans then use their Right Wing Noise Machine, of which we have almost no counterpart,  to falsely claim the the tax cuts for the Super Rich give relief exclusively to the Middle Class.  The resultant fiscal mess is then blamed on incoming Democratic Administrations which find themselves having to dig their way out of the damage to the economy, done by previous Republican administrations.

This deceitful, irresponsible pattern of Republican duplicity is decimating the Middle Class while enlarging the ranks of the poor.  As big special interest money floods political campaigns and lobbyists, funded by the Plutocracy have free reign in Congress to bribe lawmakers with large sums, we are fast turning into a Plutocracy in which the will of the electorate counts for less and less while legalized bribery only the super rich can afford, increasingly rules Washington DC.

It is this rigged system that has been going on for years that really gets my goat. That's why I supported Bernie Sanders who was talking about it twenty years ago. There is no question that the right has been more than disgustingly wrong, but the money in politics has corrupted both sides, which I feel is important to know.

Yes, they should bring back Glass Steagall, the law that kept commercial banks separate from investment banking. Bush II Administration lowered taxes, spent huge on the Iraq war fiasco, and maintained it's good grace regarding the economy and voters with a housing bubble that didn't take a genius to figure out was gonna burst. Not one of those big bankers on Wallstreet ever suffered one iota when the system went broke. 

And yes, meanwhile our infrastructure which has been in disrepair for decades continues to collapse. 

What bothers me most about the Trump presidency is all the wasted time when countries should be working together to mitigate the climate change problems that will be coming down the pike. We should have been working on this with the best leaders around the world more than a decade ago. Instead we have a knuckle dragging moron as head of state. A guy who reacts

extremely rashly at the drop of a hat if you do so much as tell him the truth about his stupid policies. He takes it personally like the big dumb bully he is.

And all the Republicans sit and do nothing. 

Hey, I liked John McCain because he was a decent man and definitely a hero to his brothers who suffered in the extremely abusive Vietnam dungeons. John could have come home but said no, not until my buddies are released too. Yes, he was a hero. He was a decent statesman too. The kind you used to have in a decent Senate that would honestly do some deliberation once upon a time / not that I always appreciated the outcome, but you know... 

When John ran for president the second time and then picked Sarah Palin - wow, that was like a slap in the face. Man she were foolish, and divisive, and if you will, a perverse prelude to 

Senior Donald, the Twit. 

It's like we're starting from scratch all over again, but at a much lower altitude from which to dig out of.

Man, I do hope the voters figure this all out before it's too late. The system is rigged. Because now, the big financial houses write much of the legislation and its boom to bust with zero lasting progress if they don't.

Peace!

17 minutes ago, WillFranklin said:

This is a good source when talking about the Trump Tax Scam!

https://www.cbpp.org/research/federal-tax/new-tax-law-tilted-toward-wealthy-and-corporations

yeah, it's like Moore's law, only for tax evaders.

The competitive nature of other countries, and an ill fated disaster for workers all over the freaking world.

Man, take hold of yourself... I'm saying to myself just now.

Peace!