Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Craig234

You know one thing that could help win elections

A simple divide and conquer strategy.

We aren't having a lot of luck telling trump voters how much Republicans are against them and to support Democrats instead. But even many if not most of them recognize the Republicans are bought and paid for, dishonest, bad for them, etc., but are just so indoctrinated to hate Democrats that they'll side with the Republicans anyway.

What could win elections is for a group to tell those voters that both Republicans and Democrats 'suck' and to really appeal to their desire to lash out and vote for 'outsiders'.

It'd have great appeal to those voters - and would split the Republican vote, allowing Democrats to win. It's a rather cynical strategy, so I have my hesitations about it, but it also makes a lot of sense.

Without this approach, Republicans have a lot of unity between their various base groups. Finding a group to do this, though, not so easy. Probably why it hasn't happened.

you are on to something big here. All my adult life I have heard this same rhetorical phrase, there you go again, this Reaganite slang I never believed when I first heard him say it to Jimmy Carter when he was speaking about a national health insurance. I have heard the business men in the bars talk about liberals like they didn't know anything about how a business operates.

They sewed the seeds of a divide, an allusory contingent upon bestowing false fact. They talked up Laissez Faire Economics while in action doing the opposite, while in action forgetting what even Adam Smith truly thought about. 

When I see today, a Reaganite like say, Newt Gingrich look the other way when someone like Trump comes into office with all his lies and crooked racist nationalist slang and unknowingly, because he knows not of the constitution, because he knows not much of anything that makes any real sense, slowly decimates the state department, the EPA, the Interior Department, and the NIH. it's like I've heard it all before, and I have. I've heard it through countless stupid wars. I've heard it through the new configuration behind today's NRA. He took down the solar panels that Carter installed. They took down, with the help of democrats, the Glass Steagall Act that separated commercial bank involvement in the speculative stock market.

It was never difficult for anyone to see problems with crumbling urban areas, it was never difficult to see severe poverty in places like the state of Mississippi. They, the Democrats, gave up for the most part on finding real solutions for that, as well as truly determining the cause. And I'll tell you it's a sadness, mixed in with apathy, mixed in with a large degree of gutlessness.

You are right, you have to inspire people. The truth is out there. And I don't mean, like the X files, but I kind of do. 

Peace!