Liberalism in Turkey 
  Hi! I am a liberalist Turk. My biggest dream is teaching liberalism to Turkish people because liberalism is not know well in Turkey. A lot person thinks liberalism is justa a ideology for richs  because of our leader party and it's partisans.We run by Adalet ve Kalkınma Partisi(Justice and Development Party). İt's ideologies are Neo-Ottomanism and Conservative. They steal our money! They don't obey rules wrote by Atatürk (He is founder of Turkey). Erdogan is run us for 16 years. Every year things gone worse. We losing money, everyhtihg getting more expensive, war is started in east side of country. Soon we'll vote for our new leader. But we can't vote liberal party (Liberal Demokrat Parti-Liberal Democrat Party) because Y.S.K. (Yüksek Seçim Kurulu-Supreme Election Board) don't allow us for join elections. Nothing is change in laws (Turkey's laws are saying  every legal party can join elections) but Y.S.K. is don't let 23 party join elections and no one cares anything about this event. Just partisans of 23 part try to talk about this.We have got relly good liberal politicans. His name is Cem Toker. Mr. Toker is trying join parliement for liberals. We hope he'll try join there with main opposition party (Cumhuriyet Halk Partisi-Republican People's Party) but we have got a sititaion. This party is social democrat. I am really fearing out for my country's future. You can learn more things about it in Liberal Demokrat Parti's wesite. I'm sorry my english is not very well, I hope I can explain myself.

Welcome!

People on this site probably know nothing about Turkey, except for Ataturk and Efes beer.

We can learn something from what you write.

Hi LiberalTurk.  I lived as an expatriate, in the beautiful town of Bodrum, for a year, in 2002 to 2003.  Two things convinced me I needed to go back to United States:  The election of Erdogan who, for me represented a regressive departure form the admirable and progressive policies of Mustafa Kemal Ataturk, 80 years before.   The second was the US invasion of Iraq under president George W. Bush.  I bitterly opposed that invasion, but was publicly threatened in the streets, by angry Turks.  I don't blame them for their rage, but I saw that if I stayed in the country as a civilian, I might not live much longer.

Since coming back to "The States", I have lost track of Turkish politics.  But I hope Cem Toker and others like him, in the Liberal Democratic Party can eventually replace Erdogan so that the great and beautiful nation of Turkey can resume progress, again.

Hi LiberalTurk, it's great to hear from you. I'm very sorry about the situation in Turkey and wish you well. It's a reminder how hard it is for the people to win - and a reminder how foolish it is for so many Americans to throw away their power by electing the plutocrat politicians here. It's hard to get that power back. It's too bad we can't help you more to defeat the plutocrats.

22 hours ago, bludog said:

I hope, one day sun will rise again on my country.