Craig234

Let's celebrate Paul Ryan leaving the speakership

Paul Ryan is an utterly craven, Ayn Rand ideologue, who is an extremist on advocating for plutocracy - and one who disgustingly frames his war on the poor as helping the poor.

It's very sad that an unfortunate set of event led to his rising in power to the speakership, where he got his dream bill passed of a $5 trillion redistribution of money from the public debt and healthcare spending to tax cuts for the rich.

But let's be glad that now, he's leaving office, and the Republicans - who it was reported could not agree on anyone for speaker other than Ryan, between the 'normal' Republicans who are plutocrats and the Koch libertarian tea party wing who are radical plutocrats - are in some disarray and face a good chance of losing control of the House.

It's unfortunate that there's a good chance Ryan is leaving to some high paid lobbying job, and might be setting himself up for a later presidential run, but let's celebrate his leaving office now.

6 hours ago, Craig234 said:

Paul Ryan is an utterly craven, Ayn Rand ideologue, who is an extremist on advocating for plutocracy - and one who disgustingly frames his war on the poor as helping the poor.

Well said.

If Trump is impeached before the new Congress and Pence is caught up in that too, we may have President Ryan.

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.  I hate to be a party pooper but I really can't bring myself to celebrate until we at least gain back at least one of the houses.  And hopefully get a democratic president in 2020.  Although few sink lower than Ryan, I'm waiting to see what degree of evil the new speaker will be.

At least his departure is demoralizing for other Republicans in Congress.  It might hopefully lead to even more Republican drop outs which can only be a good thing for the American people.

1 hour ago, bludog said:

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.  I hate to be a party pooper but I really can't bring myself to celebrate until we at least gain back at least one of the houses.  And hopefully get a democratic president in 2020.  Although few sink lower than Ryan, I'm waiting to see what degree of evil the new speaker will be.

At least his departure is demoralizing for other Republicans in Congress.  It might hopefully lead to even more Republican drop outs which can only be a good thing for the American people.

He's a uniquely monstrous person to be in power. It's very good for him to be out.

Yes indeed, GOOD RIDDANCE to the 1%'s puppet of the Kochs, liar, Ayn Rand worshipping, phony, gutless, spineless, self-serving PEICE OF $HIT!!!

Ryan will undoubtedly become another lobbyist for the corporatocracy... it is his destiny!

At least his district will finally get a true Representative of the people in Randy Bryce...

4 hours ago, MeWiseMagic said:

At least his district will finally get a true Representative of the people in Randy Bryce..

That will be something to celebrate.