TrumpBGoneSoon

A Serious Discussion about Gun Violence.

Lets clear the air here.  I won't address any personal attacks nor will I make any in this thread.

I don't oppose people buying handguns for self defense.  Experts recommend it.

I don't oppose people buying rifles for hunting and target practice.  Shoot as much as you want at the range.

However, Guns are cheap and plentiful and often falling into the hands of people who abuse them to the point of getting a lot of other people killed.  

There's a lot of talk about flagging folks with mental illness.  But its hard to pinpoint the actual shooters until they have done the act.  We talk about training teachers to use guns.  Teachers may not want to have that additional responsibility.   Any effort to restrain access to guns is often defeated by the NRA.   Classic NRA is very different from the Modern NRA.   It's about money.  

However, I'm not opposed to armed security in our public schools.  

I don't want to win this problem, I want to solve it.  

Where in the Second Amendment are the words or terms "self-defense," "hunting" and "target practice" used?

Be specific.

Just now, BIGTEX said:

Where in the Second Amendment are the words or terms "self-defense," "hunting" and "target practice" used?

Be specific.

It isn't.  But the words "WELL REGULATED" and "Militia" are.  

1 hour ago, TrumpBGoneSoon said:

Lets clear the air here.  I won't address any personal attacks nor will I make any in this thread.

I don't oppose people buying rifles for hunting and target practice.  Shoot as much as you want at the range.

However, Guns are cheap and plentiful and often falling into the hands of people who abuse them to the point of getting a lot of other people killed.  

There's a lot of talk about flagging folks with mental illness.  But its hard to pinpoint the actual shooters until they have done the act.  We talk about training teachers to use guns.  Teachers may not want to have that additional responsibility.   Any effort to restrain access to guns is often defeated by the NRA.   Classic NRA is very different from the Modern NRA.   It's about money.  

You know that London has a higher homicide rate than New York City... and they have banned guns all together.

Right?

2 minutes ago, TrumpBGoneSoon said:

"shall not be infringed" - is the determinate main clause.

3 minutes ago, TrumpBGoneSoon said:

The Supreme Court has ruled that everyday American citizens have the right to bear arms!!!

Just now, Blue Devil said:

You know that London has a higher homicide rate than New York City... and they have banned guns all together.

Right?

What is the solution?

2 minutes ago, TrumpBGoneSoon said:

What is the solution?

Stop threats as quickly as possible.

355e4c084c8795aa2e3f5779f8e06c39.jpg

1 minute ago, TrumpBGoneSoon said:

Did I say otherwise?  

But the words "WELL REGULATED" and "Militia" are."

Why bring that up?

4 minutes ago, Duck615 said:

Why bring that up?

Just the Obfuscation of Facts and the Truth.

Ha!

9 minutes ago, TrumpBGoneSoon said:

What is the solution?

ARE YOU SERIOUS?

The solution is to send all third-worlders back to the hellholes whence they came!

Violence is a secondary emotion, including gun violence.

The gun just makes it easier... the violent tendencies are what needs to be looked at.

Guns don't fire themselves. I think it's a great point that London has a higher homicide rate then New York City even though they banned guns. It shows that banning guns just keeps people from defending themselves.

8 minutes ago, rippy38 said:

The gun just makes it easier... the violent tendencies are what needs to be looked at.

Great point

57 minutes ago, Duck615 said:

Why bring that up?

Just to prove that the 2nd Amendment is up for interpretation.  

44 minutes ago, rippy38 said:

There has always been violent tendencies.  It was a bit harder to kill 17 people in 4 minutes 100 years ago.  

1 minute ago, TrumpBGoneSoon said:

There has always been violent tendencies.  It was a bit harder to kill 17 people in 4 minutes 100 years ago.  

Give me a smooth bore 6 pounder loaded with grapeshot, and I'll kill a hell of a lot more than 17, in a lot less than 4 minutes.

4 minutes ago, TrumpBGoneSoon said:

Is that because more people carried guns back then?

2 hours ago, TrumpBGoneSoon said:

the second amendment was put in place to keep people like you from telling people like me what is acceptable gun ownership and what is not. it was also put in place to prevent the government from restricting my ownership....

stop infringing on my rights

21 minutes ago, TrumpBGoneSoon said:

like hell......this gun is essentially the same one built over 100 years ago

19 minutes ago, rightturnsonly said:

Is that because more people carried guns back then?

certainly

1 hour ago, BIGTEX said:

ARE YOU SERIOUS?

The solution is to send all third-worlders back to the hellholes whence they came!

You cannot  deport citizens or legal residents without cause, Nearly all the shooters were BORN HERE. 

1 minute ago, bigsky said:

certainly

That is not true: the percentage of guns to civilians is higher now than it ever was. And the guns are deadier. Ordinary citizens did not own gatling guns.

You are USELESS to this discussion.