Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheOldBarn

what about the Kurds?

Weren't we in Iraq for all the wrong reasons? And when we were there didn't we spend a lot of money training their troops? I know we also lost 9 billion or so in cash, not sure where that all went. 

Anyway, when ISIS came and attacked, the Iraqi army laid down their arms and fled. If it weren't for the Kurdish Militia ISIS would still be in  Mosul, and it would still be in Raqqa.

No it wasn't the Russians who support only Assad and Syria that stopped ISIS in their tracks, it was the Kurd's with minor assistance from the U.S - and for a tiny fragment of money spent. 

And now Turkey's leader Erdogan vows to fight the Kurdish all the way to Iraq if need be.

Saw a great piece by MSBC's Richard Engel yesterday where he interviewed U.S. military leaders who are backing the secular Kurdish Militia with mostly small arms. The US people on the ground say that the Kurds were valiant and unbelievable fighters who they would trust with their lives. Never once did they ever worry about the Kurdish loyalty to the cause.

Where were the Saudi's through all of this? They were busy indiscriminately bombing Yemen cities packed with civilians. Where was Russia? They were busy backing Assad who was gassing his own people. 

Where were the peace talks in any of this? 

To be sure, if it were not for the Kurdish Militia ISIS would still be gaining momentum instead of almost being destroyed.

So where does Jihadi terrorism stem from? 

I guess it's complicated. 

Peace!

I brought this to the the liberal board because it holds doubtless small value regarding terrorism, towards the issue of migration of a large body of people. I brought it up due to the power struggles that have gone on for decades now that have delivered so much turmoil here, at least for the people who are in today's U.S military, and their families. 

If you have a son or a daughter in the war theater you know how difficult that can truly be. And beyond that, if it could ever end, to what end, would that mean.

One word young man, no not plastic, but "peroveskite" which is an abundant black mineral consisting largely of calcium titanate, a crystal structure that can work far better than silicon crystals in PV. Peroveskite holds much more capability because of its semiconductor capabilities which can be tweaked in thin layers to absorb sunlight, but only within a certain range of wavelengths. 

Thus it can be utilized along with silicon to generate more power. I think I have that right, but only the basics. But the point is, you still need to breach the issues we have with the power infrastructure that currently exists. 

So if you could, say get past the will, and actually get the buy in to invest, your government first and foremost, backed by all the taxpayers let's say, It would change our world far beyond anyone's imagination. 

It's possible. Technologically, it is very possible. But is it realistic?

Peace!

I find much to admire about the Kurds.  Besides being disciplined fighters, they're far more progressive than most of their neighbors with regard to women's rights.  

I was just reading an article about Peroveskite yesterday (A new type of solar cell is coming to market).  At this point it's not significantly better than silicon, but there's great potential.

20 hours ago, MeWiseMagic said:

I posted this in the NHB last week. Thought you'd find it interesting with your thread...

ouch, it is painful to see how people really don't know what is going on. But, and you and me know this, what do you expect from NHB. 

the internet we all thought would be a great place to speak and share knowledge. The good thing is this, a lot of youth is rising above this crap!

We do need a real movement again. A more energetic youth that tries to seek the truth and challenge what's been going down for so long. 

We are going to get it! I know a lot of great kids in my own neighborhood. And no, they aren't from rich upper class families neither. 

Stay tuned!

Peace!