What if his tweets were treated as tweets?

Marzen55

When exactly did tweets become anything other than the social media comments of individuals?  I am amazed that we now actually give serious credence to Trump's tweets as formal policy announcements.  If someone tried to fire me via tweet, I would absolutely ignore it and show up for work anyway.  I would demand that somebody deal with the issue face to face, or at the very least a formal written notice (on company letterhead) that my services would no longer be needed.  

Remember the first time Trump tried to announce via Twitter that trans-gender individuals would no longer be allowed in the military?  A Pentagon official (at least I think that's who it was) refused to recognize it as any kind of formal policy announcement.  He basically said that if the President wanted to make that kind of a change he was going to have to notify them in an acceptable official manner, not thru Twitter. 

Why should anybody make this easy for him?

3 hours ago, Marzen55 said:

I am amazed that we now actually give serious credence to Trump's tweets as formal policy announcements. 

Formerly, it was unheard of for a president to tweet like a troll and run his administration more like a mob boss than a statesman.  But so far, every major and minor news outlet reports on Trump's tweets 24/7/365.  Often he will say one thing on Twitter in the morning and contradict himself to the press, later on the same day.   Much to the detriment of our nation,  he remains the lawful chief executive, at least for now.

Marzen55 you are exactly correct! His tweets don't mean a darn thing. It's all the other things being done, or should we say being undone. Meanwhile the Republican party which hates democracy and loves big tax cuts for the rich, is looking the other way while his administration changes shape with interim appointments undoing law after law regarding the environment.

Trump is for the rich elite white nationalist, the best thing to having no president, or no executive power at all. Yes, it;s true. Whereby nothing gets done. A symphony to them, of nothing progressive getting done, and instead only rollbacks going back decades. 

I read this book I have, Draw Down, a compendium regarding a multitude of ways to diminish green house gases that we emit into Earths atmosphere, it's all at our fingertips, all we need is the will. The Republicans are trying to put the kibosh on all that. I cannot say why in that I cannot think what is in their collective minds,  but there is no question that this is what they are trying to do. They have been doing this for a while now. Its more than bad ass Bad word these people are smoking. 

Peace!

Archived