Christopher Steele is a hero – and Americans owe him their thanks

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Duck615 said:

not a democratic system

A democratic republic, but all but one election here are direct elections.  Before the 17th Amendment it was Senators and the President.  Now it's just the President and you said the Founders were wrong and the 17th Amendment was right, right?

So why weren't they also wrong about the Electoral College?

1 minute ago, Harryhands said:

It's wrong.  And i'm asking you to justify why one election here should allow for the minority to win?

Because it wouldn't be fair for just a few states to run the entire country. Sorry if you can't accept my and many others opinion.

Just now, Harryhands said:

A democratic republic, but all but one election here are direct elections.  Before the 17th Amendment it was Senators and the President.  Now it's just the President and you said the Founders were wrong and the 17th Amendment was right, right?

lol, I don't want just a few states running the entire country. It will not change in our life time Harry.

Just now, slideman said:

source? link?

1. Home
  2. News
  3. UK News
  4. Donald Trump

Spy behind 'dirty dossier' on Donald Trump is left out in the cold by former bosses at MI6

Sources have told the Daily Mirror that MI6 chiefs are distancing themselves from the furore because he has embarrassed the intelligence community.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/spy-behind-dirty-dossier-donald-9613363

8 minutes ago, Harryhands said:

So, the 17th Amendment is - wrong?  That changed how they set things up.

The 17th applied to the election of state senators only !                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              The 12th applied to the electoral college and the election of the POTUS                                                                                                                                                                                                                       All the foregoing structural elements of the electoral college system remain in effect currently. The original method of electing the President and Vice President, however, proved unworkable, and was replaced by the 12th Amendment, ratified in 1804. Under the original system, each elector cast two votes for President (for different candidates), and no vote for Vice President. The votes were counted; the candidate receiving the most, provided it was a majority of the number of electors, was elected President, and the runner-up became Vice President. The 12th Amendment replaced this system with separate ballots for President and Vice President, with electors casting a single vote for each office.

Just now, pastandpresent66 said:

The 17th applied to the election of state senators only !                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              The 12th applied to the electoral college and the election of the POTUS                                                                                                                                                                                                                       All the foregoing structural elements of the electoral college system remain in effect currently. The original method of electing the President and Vice President, however, proved unworkable, and was replaced by the 12th Amendment, ratified in 1804. Under the original system, each elector cast two votes for President (for different candidates), and no vote for Vice President. The votes were counted; the candidate receiving the most, provided it was a majority of the number of electors, was elected President, and the runner-up became Vice President. The 12th Amendment replaced this system with separate ballots for President and Vice President, with electors casting a single vote for each office.

Seems we keep changing what the Founders set up so why not - the Electoral College?

Maybe make the election of the President here like all other elections, the majority (not the minority) wins.  Crazy talk.

Just now, Harryhands said:

What was the electoral college really meant to protect?

1 minute ago, Duck615 said:

not people in a few states, what you are saying is the rest of the Country would not count....

The rest of the country doesn't count, if We the People want someone else to lead them,.  What's unfair about that?

Should not the Majority get their choice?

Seems we keep changing what the Founders set up so why not - the Electoral College?

Maybe make the election of the President here like all other elections, the majority (not the minority) wins.  Crazy talk.

go out and try and change it Harry. 

17 minutes ago, stephenmerkley said:

Well, the dossier is the answer to who is under the control of Putin.

If the dossier is true, then Putin helped Trump and he is in trouble.

If the dossier is not true, then Putin helped Hillarious and her minions, (dnc, obama wh, fbi, dof etc.) and they should be in trouble.

I am willing to let the truth be known, and let the consequences fall where they may, even if my president Trump goes down.

Are you willing to let the consequences fall where they may even if your beloved Hillarious and her minions go down?

Your answer will tell us if you are a true American or an imposter.

I detest Hillary. Your post is nonsense.

The rest of the country doesn't count, if We the People want someone else to lead them,.  What's unfair about that?

Should not the Majority get their choice?

the majority in just a few states? think before you type Harry. This keeps going in circles. I said go out and try and change it.

6 minutes ago, Duck615 said:

the majority in just a few states? think before you type Harry.

Why would that makes any difference?  One county is big, one is small.  The majority votes for Senator ___ (who wins).  Does that make it unfair to the smaller county?

And I always think before I post, always.

Why would that makes any difference?  One coutry is big, one is small.  The majority votes for Senator ___ (who wins).  Does that make it unfair to the smaller county?

And I always think before I post, always.

Harry you are beating a dead horse, you and I know the system is not going to change in the near future.

1 hour ago, stephenmerkley said:

You blind, deaf, and dumb person.  Are you serious after all the information that has come out???????  Then you are seriously blind, deaf, and dumb.  Or you are a liar to the 10th degree.  Pick your poison.

None. I see you like personal attacks, so here is one for you...................Now run along and fk your mommy in the face.