Jump to content
Guests feel free to register and post ×
WELCOME NEW MEMBERS AND GUESTS FEEL FREE TO REGISTER AND POST ×
WELCOME NEW MEMBERS AND GUESTS ×
guests can now post ×
welcome guests . feel free to test the waters. ×

How does Deporting This Man Make Us Safer?


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think what we should do is offer all of our criminal allies amnesty.  If they self deport in the next 90 days they can take their illicitly gained property with them.  If they don't, then everything they have accumulated while working illegally in these United States is forfeited,  houses, cars, any real property, and the proceeds of which will be used to fund aggressive deportation programs.  There is no reason that criminal aliens should not bear the burden of the cost of their own deportation.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, TrumpBGoneSoon said:

Even when they are brought over as children and had no choice in the matter?

 

Once the reach the age of majority they are committing the crime of illegal (some call it unlawful) presence.  The punishment for that illegal act is deportation.

 

In the case of the man in the article...he wasn't brought here as a child.  While he was here legally, he apparently was too lazy to apply for citizenship in the "country he loved".

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, BatteryPowered said:

 

Once the reach the age of majority they are committing the crime of illegal (some call it unlawful) presence.  The punishment for that illegal act is deportation.

 

In the case of the man in the article...he wasn't brought here as a child.  While he was here legally, he apparently was too lazy to apply for citizenship in the "country he loved".

 

Correction, He was screwed out of his green card as per the article.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/8/2018 at 1:03 PM, TrumpBGoneSoon said:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/08/middleeast/deportee-us-intl/index.html

 

'Pillar of the community' deported from US after 39 years to a land he barely knows

Amman, Jordan (CNN)With nothing but the clothes on his back and less than $300 in his pocket, Amer Adi was put on a plane and deported to Jordan, the country he left 39 years ago to pursue his American dream. 

His 94-year-old mother sat in a wheelchair at the arrivals gate, overcome with emotion as she waited for Adi. She hadn't seen him in 20 years. 

As he walked out, his siblings, nephews and nieces broke out in cheers. But they were soon in tears.

Adi fell to his knees, a broken man in his mother's arms. 

"I have mixed feelings, very mixed feelings. I'm so happy, so glad to be here, my home, to see my mother, my brother, my family, my friends, that makes me proud and happy," Adi told CNN at the airport. 

close dialog

Receive Fareed Zakaria's Global Analysis

including insights and must-reads of world news

Activate Fareed's Briefing

By subscribing you agree to our

privacy policy.

Amer Adi falls to his knees as he reunites with his mother for the first time in 20 years.

"At the same time, I feel so sad of what happened to me. I'm so sorry to tell you what happened is unjust, not right, and everyone back there knows that. What the Trump administration is doing is -- you can't even explain it," said Adi.

Adi lived in America for nearly 40 years. He has a wife who is a US citizen, and four daughters who are also US citizens. He owns several businesses in his adopted hometown of Youngstown, Ohio. A week ago, he was deported. 

For more than 20 years, his life has been a legal battle. But with the help of an Ohio congressman, he was able to remain in the US. That all changed when US President Donald Trump took office last year and doubled down on immigration.  

Since he entered office, Trump has called for a sweeping overhaul of the immigration system, and has empowered federal authorities to ramp up arrests and deportations of undocumented immigrants

Immigration arrests have increased by 42% since Trump took office, according to the Department of Homeland Security's Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE).

The legal battle

In the 1980s, Adi held a green card. But he lost his permanent resident status in the early 1990s, after moving to Brazil for three years with his wife. When he returned, Adi tried to apply for a new card, but was rejected.

Immigration officials accused him of having a sham marriage with his American ex-wife.

 His ex-wife had signed a statement alleging marriage fraud. According to Adi, his lawyer and multiple media interviews with Adi's ex-wife, she was coerced into making the statement after immigration officials showed up at her door.

In 2007, she signed an affidavit retracting her statement and denying the marriage was fraudulent.

Despite the affidavit, he was unable to gain legal status. In 2009, he was issued with a deportation order.                                                                                                                              

A 'pillar' of the community

Ohio Congressman Tim Ryan describes Adi as a "pillar" of their community, who creates jobs with his multiple businesses and distributes hundreds of turkeys to the poor on Thanksgiving.

For years, the House Democrat has been fighting for Adi to remain in America and it was his efforts that secured consecutive stays of the deportation order.

"If you would see the breadth of support that this gentleman has, from whether it's his Italian-Irish Catholic congressman or an African-American Pentecostal Republican woman who is supporting him or the working-class people I saw in his shop the day they thought he was going to get deported ... to show support for him," Ryan told CNN in an interview.

Among Adi's businesses are a hooka bar, a convenience store and a deli. 

"He has a Jewish attorney whose father survived the Holocaust ... this person has brought this community together in Youngstown, Ohio," Ryan added.

 

An excerpt from something I wrote for illegal immigrants in our country:

 

...Now, you may find yourselves in a predicament: you may be uprooted, inconvenienced, or required to leave the US. I know if required to leave, you will bid us adieu with humility and gratitude for the many benefits and gifts bestowed upon you and the gracious hospitality the US showed you even though you were here illegally. I know that the longer you were here the more profusely you will be tempted to thank us and shower accolades upon the US for such benevolence, but that is not necessary. When you come back to the US legally, we will all be waiting, as we always have, with open arms. Best wishes and prayers go with you for your safe journey home and success in legally returning to the US.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BatteryPowered said:

 

Once the reach the age of majority they are committing the crime of illegal (some call it unlawful) presence.  The punishment for that illegal act is deportation.

 

 

 

You tried to set the house on fire a as toddler playing with matches.  Once you turned 18 we should have charged you with arson and sent you to prison.

 

That's fair, right?

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Harryhands said:

 

You tried to set the house on fire a as toddler playing with matches.  Once you turned 18 we should have charged you with arson and sent you to prison.

 

That's fair, right?

 

 

 

You really should think before you post analogies...you will just sound stupid versus incredibly stupid.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, BatteryPowered said:

 

You really should think before you post analogies...you will just sound stupid versus incredibly stupid.

 

 

Well, you did a criminal thing as a child (arson) so therefore you should be sent to prison at 18.

 

They were brought here against their will.  They are even more innocent than you are.  You are a criminal, you did a criminal thing as a child and therefore must pay for that as an adult.  Off to prison you go, fair is fair, that's the law.  You are an arsonist (once 18).

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Harryhands said:

 

Well, you did a criminal thing as a child (arson) so therefore you should be sent to prison at 18.

 

They were brought here against their will.  They are even more innocent than you are.  You are a criminal, you did a criminal thing as a child and therefore must pay for that as an adult.  Off to prison you go, fair is fair, that's the law.  You are an arsonist (once 18).

 

 

 

First...playing with matches is not a crime.  It is careless and stupid, but not a crime.

 

Second...even if it was, the statute of limitations would have expired.

 

Third...since you said "tried to set the house on fire" (an assumption...but let's go with it)...the charge would be ATTEMPTED arson, because the house didn't actually catch on fire you idiot.

 

Forth...even though when a child is brought into this country illegally by their parents the technically are guilty of illegal entry, nobody is suggesting they be charged with that.

 

Fifth...When the reach the age of 18, if they do not leave they BEGIN committing a completely different crime, illegal presence.  It is a different violation of the US Immigration law and carries a different punishment.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, BatteryPowered said:

 

First...playing with matches is not a crime.  It is careless and stupid, but not a crime.

 

Second...even if it was, the statute of limitations would have expired.

 

Third...since you said "tried to set the house on fire" (an assumption...but let's go with it...the charge would be ATTEMPTED arson, because the house didn't actually catch on fire you idiot.

 

Forth...even though when a child is brought into this country illegally by their parents the technically are guilty of illegal entry, nobody is suggesting they be charged with that.

 

Fifth...When the reach the age of 18, if they do not leave they BEGIN committing a completely different crime, illegal presence.  It is a different violation of the US Immigration law and carries a different punishment.

 

 

Sorry, attempted arson as a child means you go to prison as an adult.  That's the law, arson is a crime here.

 

Law and order, right?  As a child you should have known better, just like they should have, right, and they should have refused to break the law by coming here illegally?

 

If what you did (or didn't even have a choice in doing) as a child was a crime then at 18 the full weight of the law must be imposed.

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Harryhands said:

Sorry, attempted arson as a child means you go to prison as an adult.  That's the law, arson is a crime here.

 

Law and order, right?  As a child you should have known better, just like they should have, right, and they should have refused to break the law by coming here illegally?

 

 

 

 

Ron White is correct...and you are living proof.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, BatteryPowered said:

 

Ron White is correct...and you are living proof.

 

I'm not the one trying to deport babies (now grown) because someone brought them here illegally.

 

But I'm more than happy to imprison you for life for what you did as a child.  Any law your parents broke means you will suffer the consequences as well.  Fair is fair.  If they robbed a bank then you go to prison as well.  You are just as guilty as they are.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Harryhands said:

I'm not the one trying to deport babies (now grown) because someone brought them here illegally.

 

But I'm more than happy to imprison you for life for what you did as a child.  Any law your parents broke means you will suffer the consequences as well.  Fair is fair.  If they robbed a bank then you go to prison as well.  You are just as guilty as they are.

 

 

You are either too f'ing stupid to understand, of too f'ing stupid to admit that these adults ARE NOT BEING CHARGED with ANYTHING their parents are responsible for.  They are committing a different crime, being committed by them of their own free will.

 

That's OK that you're incredibly stupid...just wanted to point it out to others.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...