Are Corporate Tax Cuts Raising Pay? Yes, for Bosses

Take Walmart. The company says it will spend $700 million on bonuses and higher wages for cashiers, drivers and other hourly workers. That’s a tidy sum, but the company is spending far more — $4 billion — to buy back its stock, which will benefit its investors by raising the share price. And it is worth keeping in mind that Walmart also raised wages when tax rates were higher under President Barack Obama.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/27/opinion/corporate-tax-cuts-salaries.html

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

40 minutes ago, untitled said:

Take Walmart. The company says it will spend $700 million on bonuses and higher wages for cashiers, drivers and other hourly workers. That’s a tidy sum, but the company is spending far more — $4 billion — to buy back its stock, which will benefit its investors by raising the share price. And it is worth keeping in mind that Walmart also raised wages when tax rates were higher under President Barack Obama.

So...you think no one else should benefit from the tax cuts but cashiers?

How stupidly idiotic of you. 

2 hours ago, untitled said:

"As many experts have pointed out, corporate tax cuts passed by Congress and signed into law by President Ronald Reagan in the 1980s did not turbocharge wages or investment."

That's a fact

1 minute ago, untitled said:

Wages have been declining--or stagnant--for decades. And studies have show that US workers in that same period have been more productive.

All the benefits have gone to the top

14 minutes ago, Zaro said:

All the benefits have gone to the top

Where they SHOULD go. You think you deserve more because you have no job skills and/or education and doing a job a trained monkey could do?

Just be glad we aren't importing 6 year old Asians to take over your minimum wage job until we automate it. 

Just now, Hi2u said:

Where they SHOULD go. You think you deserve more because you have no job skills and/or education and doing a job a trained monkey could do?

Just be glad we aren't importing 6 year old Asians to take over your minimum wage job until we automate it. 

You're an azzhole.

3 hours ago, untitled said:

Pay is increasing depending on if the company can afford to raise pay. Lots of places are getting raises and bonuses. 

You posted an opinion piece just like me and yet you cry about the one I post. LOL!

6 minutes ago, untitled said:

You're an azzhole.

You're a LIAR and a FRAUD, Obama supporter. 

Wages are determined by supply and demand. Want to RAISE your wages? Learn in demand job skills and/or education. 

Nobody owes you a living for breathing air. 

Just now, Hi2u said:

You're a LIAR and a FRAUD, Obama supporter. 

Wages are determined by supply and demand. Want to RAISE your wages? Learn in demand job skills and/or education. 

Nobody owes you a living for breathing air. 

But my mommy says I am special. She even has a bumper stick on her car that says so. GIVE ME A RAISE DAMN IT!

14 minutes ago, Hi2u said:

^^,example 1

3 minutes ago, Fallopian said:

But my mommy says I am special. She even has a bumper stick on her car that says so. GIVE ME A RAISE DAMN IT!

When are these retarded progressive gonna figure out simpleton manual labor wages have been going down since the great advances of technology and automation made their labor almost worthless?

Meanwhile, actual jobs that require education and/or specific in demand skill sets, have seen their wages increase nicely. 

For instance, my job offered me an extra shift at $20 an hour over my regular and overtime wages just today......I have another part time job offering the roughly the same bonuses to pick up shifts a few times a week. 

It's not rocket science........

Why do these librejects have such a problem with a normal person wanting to succeed and provide for their family? the moron that started this thread is worried that bosses get a raise also. The ignorant puke Liberal....I wonder, did this "Boss" that doesnt deserve a raise just graduate high school then become a boss. Liberals have no clue what it takes to be successful because they arent. Liberals are lazy and ignorant

Just now, Hi2u said:

When are these retarded progressive gonna figure out simpleton manual labor wages have been going down since the great advances of technology and automation made their labor almost worthless?

Meanwhile, actual jobs that require education and/or specific in demand skill sets, have seen their wages increase nicely. 

For instance, my job offered me an extra shift at $20 an hour over my regular and overtime wages just today......I have another part time job offering the roughly the same bonuses to pick up shifts a few times a week. 

It's not rocket science........

They are using an argument of morality. We are speaking about economics. We need to start making the rightful case that lower taxes, free markets IS moral because it is.