Why I no longer Answer to "Liberal"

It seems "liberalism" is lately about truncating civil rights.

"Liberalism's" latest assault on women is to tell my mom and sister they have to accept men in their gym showers - that professional female athletes must compete with males, so long as those males purport to "feel" feminine. 

It is cognitively dissonant to hear a political philosophy shriek in shrill tones about patriarchy and rape culture, and then demand women accept men in their most isolated and vulnerable spaces - spaces where they are LITERALLY caught with their pants down..

Misogyny is not a viable political philosophy. Perhaps you should change from being a "liberal?"

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, ChickenChoker said:

flarvis.......lol...i love that name........sounds like a big flopping diiick...lol

Splibis seemed too much.

Flarvis gave the kind of respect I was trying to convey...:D

Thank you for appreciating my snark!:lol:

46 minutes ago, Flarvis said:

"Liberalism's" latest assault on women is to tell my mom and sister they have to accept men in their gym showers - that professional female athletes must compete with males, so long as those males purport to "feel" feminine. 

It is cognitively dissonant to hear a political philosophy shriek in shrill tones about patriarchy and rape culture, and then demand women accept men in their most isolated and vulnerable spaces - spaces where they are LITERALLY caught with their pants down..

Misogyny is not a viable political philosophy. Perhaps you should change from being a "liberal?"

I am a liberal, meaning I believe in a tolerant, liberal society with a small limited government that is erected for the purpose of preserving our unalienably rights including our economic rights. I am glad that you are no longer pretending to be a liberal.  The name liberal has been much abused over the last hundred years and has suffered greatly from it's long, close, and unfortunate association with the Democrat party.

1 minute ago, RHanson said:

I am a liberal, meaning I believe in a tolerant, liberal society with a small limited government that is erected for the purpose of preserving our unalienably rights including our economic rights. I am glad that you are no longer pretending to be a liberal.  The name liberal has been much abused over the last hundred years and has suffered greatly from it's long, close, and unfortunate association with the Democrat party.

You are both right wing reactionaries.

56 minutes ago, Flarvis said:

So you are a con now..

45 minutes ago, Flarvis said:

So you must really hate Conservatism and their controls on the vagina, unfair wages for females, submissiveness, always believing the male, keeping them in their place, etc.?

6 minutes ago, shintao said:

So you must really hate Conservatism and their controls on the vagina, unfair wages for females, submissiveness, always believing the male, keeping them in their place, etc.?

Controlling uteri, yes. Unequal wages, no.

Women's decision to submit or not submit, I respect. It's called free agency. The idea of infantilizing women with the pretense they are helpless victims has never occurred to me - I'm concerned with REAL threats against them by celebrants of rape culture who want access to their showers.

19 minutes ago, RHanson said:

You are a "liberal" so you believe "Die Zeit, Amerika anzugreifen, ist jetzt. Töte die Juden."

6 minutes ago, TrumpAllOpposition said:

You are a "liberal" so you believe "Die Zeit, Amerika anzugreifen, ist jetzt. Töte die Juden."

I am not much inclined to kill Jews or to attack America.  As a liberal, I am not willing to use the violence of government to make others do my bidding.

1 hour ago, Flarvis said:

The funniest part is you attack Libertarianism but its the closest thing to a liberal that exists. 

1 hour ago, Flarvis said:

Nobody cares