HYPOCRISY

TBHWT

Obama Slams Fox News, Liberals Unconcerned About Threat To Democracy

January 13, 2018| by Brian Anderson

ofn2.jpg

When President Trump calls the New York Times a “failing” newspaper, liberals are incensed and accuse him of civil rights violations. When he calls CNN “fake news” the left swoons as they cry that our democracy is under attack. Obama has been slamming Fox News since day one of his presidency and he continued the attacks recently and yet you’ve never heard one liberal say that he threatens freedom of the press or the very foundation of country. It’s almost like there’s a double-standard when it comes to criticism of the media.

David Letterman came out of retirement to do a show on Netflix that I can’t imagine anyone would want to watch. Every couple of months he will do an hour long interview with somebody uninteresting. His first episode had the human Ambien overdose that we know as former president Barack Obama. I have Netflix, but to be honest I can’t make myself watch this, so I am going to take Fox’s word on what happened:

Letterman then asked Obama what he considers the more dangerous threat to a democracy, the president demeaning the press or a foreign power sabotaging the voting process. Both options are clearly jabs at President Trump and Obama answered without mentioning the current president’s name.

“One of the biggest challenges we have to our democracy is the degree to which we don’t share a common baseline of facts. If you watch Fox News, you are living on a different planet than you are if you are listening to NPR,” said Obama.

Taking what Obama just said, he either presented the idea that NPR is full of Bad word or Fox News. Considering his history of attacking Fox, let’s assume he was saying they are the network that doesn’t deal in the truth. It was in that twisted roundabout way, but Obama just said that Fox News is fact-free or in other words they are fake news.

Even worse, Obama said that anyone who watches Fox News is an intergalactic kook who is completely detached from reality. That’s some pretty bold talk for a guy who lives in a complete fantasy world like Obama.

And of course the egomaniac uses this attack to promote himself as the ultimate authority on all things. His line about not sharing a common baseline of facts, includes his assertion that his interpretation of the facts is the only one that matters. He is this arbiter of truth.

So Obama called Fox news bullBad word and anyone who watches it an idiot because they don’t know the truth like he does. The question is: why isn’t this outrageous? When Trump says the same thing about CNN or The NYT liberals cry that he’s ten times worse than Hitler.

Then again, I’m getting Obama’s words from Fox News and maybe they really are fake news and misrepresenting what the former president said. Nope. I just checked liberal website Mediaite and they report the same exact words coming out of Obama’s mouth, they just don’t think it’s a big deal because he’s not Donald Trump.