Zaro

Back in the civilized world

2 hours ago, Zaro said:

I just been reading the last few posts. I kinda do look nosy. 

Yep. I'm going to sleep now, it's 1AM and I work tomorrow. 

Just now, laripu said:

Maybe, never thought about it. 

Nosy.

Are you gonna think about it? Would you tell her that you are thinking about it?

Ok. I get it. But you give leading answers

5 hours ago, Zaro said:

Are you gonna think about it? Would you tell her that you are thinking about it?

If tell her anything, if telling her was necessary and not cruel.

I would gain nothing from thinking about that, so no. Anyone that might have been is dead.

5 hours ago, Zaro said:

Ok. I get it. But you give leading answers

You're blaming the victim here.  Nosy.

Like a character from a very old sitcom.

nosy.jpg

3 hours ago, laripu said:

You're blaming the victim here.  Nosy.

Like a character from a very old sitcom.

Nosy is a loaded word. I think of myself as investigative

19 hours ago, Zaro said:

I just been reading the last few posts. I kinda do look nosy. 

8 hours ago, Zaro said:

Nosy is a loaded word. I think of myself as investigative

It's your right to think of yourself any which way you want to.

Actually, snooping (or as I like to call it, "shnoopling") is better done via the internet through public domain sources. For example, in my county, I can find out about other people's houses and mortgages and incarcerations via government sites. Completely legal and publicly available information. It can explain some behavior.

I also get notices when child molesters or other criminals move into the zip code. None near me, at the moment, luckily.

On 12/10/2018 at 5:29 PM, laripu said:

It's your right to think of yourself any which way you want to.

Actually, snooping (or as I like to call it, "shnoopling") is better done via the internet through public domain sources. For example, in my county, I can find out about other people's houses and mortgages and incarcerations via government sites. Completely legal and publicly available information. It can explain some behavior.

I also get notices when child molesters or other criminals move into the zip code. None near me, at the moment, luckily.

The stuff I'm interested in isn't on public domain sources. I don't care about mortgages, I wanna know the juicy stuff. The stuff that is non of my business. Like why your wife isn't on speaking terms with her kids. If I knew why my gray cells would go immediately into overdrive imagining several scenarios to remedy the situation, spinning tales of happy reunions etc etc etc

Like the Nazi thing. I could spin that into a novel. 

Yeah, it's bad. Something needs to be done about it

4 hours ago, Zaro said:

If I knew why my gray cells would go immediately into overdrive imagining several scenarios to remedy the situation,

Almost always, the answer to nearly every human quandary is stupidity on someone's part. People often don't behave rationally, they behave emotionally. I suppose that's not their fault; they use what their DNA and education allow them.

Moreover, most of the time, if you hand someone the perfect customized solution to whatever problem is hurting them, they might reject it for reasons that aren't logical, but rather esthetic, emotional or traditional... or just dumb.

I've run into this many times. An offered solution may even be met with hostility. That's happened to me enough times that I mostly don't bother to offer solutions. (Sometimes I still do, because it may be interesting to see what form rejection will take.)

I offer you that knowledge, arrived at following years of good intentions. I had to learn it myself, instead of just taking the advice of my mother, who liked to say "you can't install your head on someone else's shoulders"... and then stopped. She knew enough to apply that understanding to me, and knew I'd have to figure it out myself.