WillFranklin

The Most Liberal Thread Ever

I had a paper ballot when i voted early and it was fed into a scanner. Voted for ALL Democrats of course. Not playing anymore. Never really was.

On 11/2/2018 at 11:27 PM, bludog said:

We voted about a week ago by mail-in ballot.  A better, all-paper, way to vote.

We did that too, also a few weeks ago. It to took a while to go through all the details of the Florida constitutional referenda: they're pretty sneaky and they bundle disparate proposals.

5 minutes ago, laripu said:

We did that too, also a few weeks ago. It to took a while to go through all the details of the Florida constitutional referenda: they're pretty sneaky and they bundle disparate proposals.

I found the same thing here, 2000 miles distant.  Some of the proposals caught us off-guard.  But because we had the ballot at home, we had time inform ourselves better.   When you vote at the polling place you can get caught off-guard and be forced to either guess or skip the muddy issues.

1 hour ago, bludog said:

When you vote at the polling place you can get caught off-guard and be forced to either guess or skip the muddy issues.

We can get a copy of the ballot online and print it, prior to going to vote. We used to do that, make up our minds about everything, then just copy our choices at the polling place.

There have been times when we enjoyed the human contact, like the 45 minute early voting line in 2008, when we voted in Barack Obama. That felt like a party. Everyone was so happy, smiling. It felt good. 

This time it feels more like guerrilla tactics. So voting from home and mailing the postage-paid envelope is more convenient and easier. No Nazis to deal with.

On 11/7/2018 at 3:33 PM, WillFranklin said:

DEMOCRATS TAKE THE HOUSE! THE MOST LIBERAL THREAD EVER CELEBRATES!

More to celebrate.  Orange County California, erstwhile Republican stronghold, is now solid blue.

On 1/1/2018 at 9:26 PM, WillFranklin said:

Well I hate for my thread to get started with that, but let me keep things going with some more LIBERAL ideas.

We need Medicaid for everyone! Medicaid for ALL! No premiums. No copays. Funded by a luxury tax and increased income tax on the wealthy and corporations.

We also need to reduce the retirement age for Social Security since it is going to go up to 67, we need it to stay 62. And we need to increase the amount disabled people can earn without losing their benefits.

I want one healthcare program: Universal Healthcare period.

Also: 100% clean energy (no fossil fuels)usage by all companies and all vehicles sold. Get rid of all plastic usage. End CAFOs. Raise taxes to 90% for top earners. True environmental clean up of our land air and rivers and coastal areas paid for by the corporate offenders who did it. End the practice of hunting. Ban all guns. New holiday for elections days. All food sold should be organic, GMO and pesticide free. All products sold should be tested and PROVEN safe before going on the shelves. Ban all pesticides and toxic home products. No limits to women's healthcare access in all aspects. Allow anyone to marry regardless of gender. Eliminate sugar in the food system. Free college tuition. No limits to immigration as we are all immigrants. End death penalty. All drugs should be legal. Non violent offenders prison should be immediately released. Native Americans should be granted more land and monies as compensation for past offenses, also African Americans as well should be compensated. Raise minimum wage to 20 per hour, and lower retirement age to 60, lower work week to 35 hours and 45 days mandatory vacation per year for all paid by employer. Overtime cannot be mandatory and should be paid at double the salary. Regulation to LOWER drug prices like Europe and true independent testing with third party proof of drug safety before release to the public. Cut military spending by at least half.

At least that's a start.:D

10 hours ago, bludog said:

More to celebrate.  Orange County California, erstwhile Republican stronghold, is now solid blue.

BeALoser is FURIOUS!

On 1/3/2018 at 2:16 AM, bludog said:

And that crash will be yet another gigantic handover of wealth from the 99% to the 1%.   Most likely, as in 2008, the crash will happen, by Republican design, while the Democratic Party is in control;  even though caused by previous Republican policies.  And the fictitious Republican narrative of of the last 35 years will continue to deceive the American people about the root cause of their economic decline ...  The Republican plutocratic agenda.

If the Democratic Party fails to clean up corruption within it's own ranks, it will lack the credibility necessary to prevail over the Party of Plutocracy.

We shall overcome!

Keep the faith, baby!

Happy TG to the liberals here.😊

7 minutes ago, WillFranklin said:

This Thanksgiving we are thankful to the DEMOCRATS!

Just a word of THANKS!

I HEAR YA, YAY.

15 minutes ago, WillFranklin said:

They are our saviors!

Amen, bro.

Just now, TDS said:

Amen, bro.

Our healthcare was in jeopardy but people like Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez wore her shoes out and won back the House!

Cohen just plead guilty to lying to Congress about how late there were negotiations about building a Trump Tower in Moscow. It turns out that while Trump's campaign was in full swing, as late as June 2016, negotiations were still taking place with Russia over the project, including a provision giving Putin a 50 Million dollar penthouse in the building, unlike what Cohen had previously testified.

It is falling apart around Trump and I love it!

On 1/1/2018 at 6:16 PM, WillFranklin said:

This thread is where we need to see how liberal we can be. It is also a place to catalogue events like liberal victories.

The most recent liberal victory was Doug Jones winning the Senate seat in ALABAMA!

32zte75.jpg

And Democrats just recently flipped about fifteen seats in the Virginia state House while winning the Governor's race there and in New Jersey!

2018 may be a wave for Democrats!

We can also post ideas for liberals. I have one idea. Liberals should start a nationwide business that makes cakes for gay and lesbian couples. Then they won't have a problem finding a cake anymore. And a liberal business person would get rich.

See that was really LIBERAL!

Your turn!

2018 Congressional elections were a huge Blue wave and Dems did the best in the Red states Trump campaigned in. He hid out in the White House pouting for days after. Like most windbag bullies he's a coward.DtRymJ-UwAAetfJ.jpg 

4 hours ago, Gregory said:

2018 Congressional elections were a huge Blue wave and Dems did the best in the Red states Trump campaigned in. He hid out in the White House pouting for days after. Like most windbag bullies he's a coward.DtRymJ-UwAAetfJ.jpg 

I hope with all my heart he is a one term President and loses badly in 2020.

1 hour ago, WillFranklin said:

The GOP is infested with criminal types.  They are devoid of principles and psychopathic behavior seems to be their ideal.   There is nothing they will not stoop to in the name of power. 

11 hours ago, bludog said:

The GOP is infested with criminal types.  They are devoid of principles and psychopathic behavior seems to be their ideal.   There is nothing they will not stoop to in the name of power. 

Yes in NC9 one of the Republican workers has a criminal history and not a small one, I am talking fraud, embezzlement, etc.

Trump is trying to let states get block grants for Medicaid in exchange for more freedom to run the program how they want. Patients will suffer.