Jump to content

The Class President


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, BatteryPowered said:

 

What did the rules say before the kids voted?

 

The obvious of course.  The time-honored rule of Majority Rule.  You've heard of said thing, right?

 

We also have one called the Winner is the one with the Highest Score.  Works like football not golf.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, PaintMyHouse said:

The obvious of course.  The time-honored rule of Majority Rule.  You've heard of said thing, right?

 

We also have one called  the Winner is the one with the Highest Score.  Works like football not golf.

 

 

It the rules, before the kids voted, said that the person who got the most total votes would be elected then Sally should be class president.

 

However, if the rules had said each row of students got one vote as a group and the person who got the majority of THOSE votes would be class president then you would need to provide a vote breakdown by row because the total votes is meaningless.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, BatteryPowered said:

 

Nope...according to the rules of the NFL, the team that garners the most points wins the game.

 

Shocking,  You mean the loser doesn't win?  Must be true only in football I guess.

 

I wonder, did they even bother to write that down as a "rule"?

 

http://www.nfl.com/rulebook/beginnersguidetofootball

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, PaintMyHouse said:

Shocking,  You mean the loser doesn't win?  Must be true only in football I guess.

 

I wonder, did they even bother to write that down as a "rule"?

 

 

 

Keep looking at different examples.  I am confident that eventually you will understand that the rules (laws) matter.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, PaintMyHouse said:

So far I can't find the football rule that says the one with the highest score wins?  Interesting.

 

It might require critical thinking on your part.  If they have rules to govern overtime, which is only played when the score is tied at the end of regulation, it is logical that if one team has more points at the end of regulation time wins.

 

Are you really that stupid?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, BatteryPowered said:

 

It might require critical thinking on your part.  If they have rules to govern overtime, which is only played when the score is tied at the end of regulation, it is logical that if one team has more points at the end of regulation time wins.

 

Are you really that stupid?

 

You said the winner being the one with the highest score is a rule?  I can't find that so far.  Why is that?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you are going to run for Class President, it might be a good idea to have a thorough understanding of the process and the rules first.  Then, it wouldn't be a question for a forum board to answer - the (knowledgeable) candidates would know exactly who is the class president. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Skans said:

If you are going to run for Class President, it might be a good idea to have a thorough understanding of the process and the rules first.  Then, it wouldn't be a question for a forum board to answer - the (knowledgeable) candidates would know exactly who is the class president. 

Is your bet that the rules say - the one with the least number of votes wins?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quote

Is your bet that the rules say - the one with the least number of votes wins?

I'm not a betting man.  I don't know what the rules actually say in your scenario.  You didn't post the rules, and it's impossible to guess at what they might be.  But, rest assured, if I were the one running for Class President, I'd know the rules backwards and forwards and I'd know what to do if others did not follow the rules.

 

If the rule were that the teacher ultimately decides who gets to be class president, I'd learn very quickly how to ingratiate myself to the teacher if I really wanted to win.  The rules ALWAYS dictate how the players will play the game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Skans said:

I'm not a betting man.  I don't know what the rules actually say in your scenario.  You didn't post the rules, and it's impossible to guess at what they might be.  But, rest assured, if I were the one running for Class President, I'd know the rules backwards and forwards and I'd know what to do if others did not follow the rules.

It's impossible to guess that the one with the highest number of votes wins?  You really want to spin that hard instead of just being a man, for once?

 

Who won?  It's impossible to say (without knowing the rules).

DLla5HIWkAAHhIy.jpg

 

Must have been the lowest score. 50-50 chance right?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, PaintMyHouse said:

You said the winner being the one with the highest score is a rule?  I can't find that so far.  Why is that?

 

 

See Rule 11, Article 1: "The team that scores the greater number of points during the entire game is the winner."

 

https://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/2017-nfl-rulebook/#rule11

 

You're welcome.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quote

It's impossible to guess that the one with the highest number of votes wins?  You really want to spin that hard instead of just being a man, for once?

Please, stop with the personal attacks.  This has nothing to do with my manhood, or lack thereof.  You posed a scenario and we are debating your scenario.  I've explained my answer (see previous post of mine).  Your turn.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, BatteryPowered said:

 

See Rule 11, Article 1: "The team that scores the greater number of points during the entire game is the winner."

 

https://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/2017-nfl-rulebook/#rule11

 

You're welcome.

 

 

TY.  By God, they really wrote that down.  These people think of everything, even the most obvious.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, PaintMyHouse said:

TY.  By God, they really wrote that down.  These people think of everything, even the most obvious.

 

 

Not really, they just thought that some idiot like you would come along and say one team got more first downs during the game so they should be the winner.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, PaintMyHouse said:

Math seems to be an issue here.  Okay, 22 kids in the class.  Sally gets 12 votes and Richard 10.  Who gets to be the Class President, the one the teacher picks?

 

Depends on the rules of the election. 

Your analogy is flawed, as is all your logic. 

 

This isn't a class(room) president election, it's a school president election.

The rules are that you have to win a majority of the 50 classrooms, not just one. 

 

When you win 30 classrooms and your opponent wins 20.    You win. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Skans said:

Please, stop with the personal attacks.  This has nothing to do with my manhood, or lack thereof.  You posed a scenario and we are debating your scenario.  I've explained my answer (see previous post of mine).  Your turn.

Start being a man and respond like one and I'll let it go. The point is you don't know the rules so go with the most obvious, use your common sense.  In how many things does the loser - win?

 

Ah, zero.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...