If Your Only Defense Is Being Above The Law

The president's lawyer is actually making the claim that Trump is above the law

https://www.axios.com/exclusive-trump-lawyer-claims-the-president-cannot-obstruct-justice-2514742663.html?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=organic

If that's your defense, you are pretty much admitting it.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, leftjohn said:

always making others correct your errors in directing social behavior ancestrally. your ancestral debt is due and eternity doesn't give credit to facts demanding everyone believe now isn't eternally separating everyone equally here as a product of reproduction so a species can remain relative to being eternally separated now...

29 minutes ago, leftjohn said:

https://www.axios.com/exclusive-trump-lawyer-claims-the-president-cannot-obstruct-justice-2514742663.html?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=organic

No, he's saying Trump IS the law.   Hillary was above the law. 

There is a clear and distinct difference. 

And if he is saying at no time the President can't be charged with obstruction, he's clearly wrong. 

But he cannot be charged with obstruction for firing Comey, because there was no effect to the investigation. 

His replacement testified to that fact, in front of Congress.

4 minutes ago, slideman said:

The case for obstruction of justice is strong- it is becoming plain Dowd lied about the tweet; Trump is left with the Unitary Executive defense. It didn't work for Nixon.

On what do you base this claim, on your strongly held beliefs that you are still going to "get Trump"?   rolling laughter emoticon

1 minute ago, Golfboy said:

No, he's saying Trump IS the law.   Hillary was above the law. 

There is a clear and distinct difference. 

And if he is saying at no time the President can't be charged with obstruction, he's clearly wrong. 

But he cannot be charged with obstruction for firing Comey, because there was no effect to the investigation. 

His replacement testified to that fact, in front of Congress.

Your arguments get thinner with each post.

9 minutes ago, Chuck! said:

What exactly do you think he did?

What do I think? Not that it matters, but I think he obstructed justices. I also think he is in bed with the Russians.

I also think it is very interesting that his lawyer is trying to argue he can't be guilty of breaking the law just because he is prez.

Trump will learn, same as Nixon, that no one is above the law.

Just now, leftjohn said:

What do I think? Not that it matters, but I think he obstructed justices. I also think he is in bed with the Russians.

You're right.  What you think, doesn't matter.   

That's why you can't produce a SINGLE piece of evidence against Trump.

Just now, Golfboy said:

You're right.  What you think, doesn't matter.   

That's why you can't produce a SINGLE piece of evidence against Trump.

I don't need to produce the evidence against Trump, he is producing it himself. Did you see the Lester Holt interview? Have you read through his twitter feed?

4 minutes ago, leftjohn said:

I also think it is very interesting that his lawyer is trying to argue he can't be guilty of breaking the law just because he is prez.

Trump will learn, same as Nixon, that no one is above the law.

So by leaps of faith you came to thinking Trump did as accused by those opposing him being president.  Guess there is truth to rules of love and war. Real doesn't count.

one character honoring a relative state of denying now is eternally separating everyone equally is at odds with the other states of denying now is eternally separating ancestry so one can dictate policies of denying now isn't Eternity ancestrally, globally.

Pretty much sums up what is taking place everywhere in this atmosphere where humans are trying to prove they are above equally occupying the moment genetically separated biologically rather than some superior force or being..

1 minute ago, leftjohn said:

I don't need to produce the evidence against Trump, he is producing it himself. Did you see the Lester Holt interview? Have you read through his twitter feed?

Yes.   I have.   And you STILL don't have a single piece of evidence that Trump has done anything illegal. 

3 minutes ago, slideman said:

He admitted on national TV he fired Comey for obstructing the investigation of Russian involvement in the election. In his tweet he admits he kenw flynn lied to the FBI at the time. Keep grasping at straws.

lets all remember Comey was under orders from Obama as president when these things were coming to accusation and Trump firing Comey was after he was swarn in.  Your relative state of denial is playing apples and oranges semantics with the evidence slideman

Trump admitted to Lester Holt that he was thinking about the Russia investigation when he fired Comey.

Trump tweeted over the weekend that he knew Flynn lied to FBI

Now, not even his lawyer is trying to say he didn't obstruct justice. They are now arguing he can't be charged with it because he is prez.

4 minutes ago, PaintMyHouse said:

Just for grins, if they do find evidence that Trump is guilty will it matter to you? Yes, or no, just yes or no?

Of course.   But guilty of what?  

There was no collusion with Russia.  Even you know that. 

What exactly do you think he is guilty of?  Really?

Winning an election vs a really poor candidate, isn't an impeachable offense. 

8 minutes ago, leftjohn said:

Trump admitted to Lester Holt that he was thinking about the Russia investigation when he fired Comey.

Trump tweeted over the weekend that he knew Flynn lied to FBI

Now, not even his lawyer is trying to say he didn't obstruct justice. They are now arguing he can't be charged with it because he is prez.

Yes, he fired Comey for insubordination when he refuse to do as Trump told him, and tell America that Trump wasn't under investigation.

Trump didn't tweet that statement, and the lawyer already explained it. 

And again, he can't be charged with obstruction for firing Comey.