Here's a message for the American voter: Vote progressive

Craig234

The American people in many ways are getting screwed. Their incomes have been flat for decades, while all economic growth has gone to the rich.

You need to know, we're on the road to it getting worse, not better. The American people will have less and less and less power and wealth. Because the more wealth and power the rich have, the more they're to use it to get more. It's a vicious cycle.

As they get more, they take over more and more - they create more 'lobbying' that pays for more politicians to do their bidding, more 'think tanks' to say what helps them is the good thing to do, more ownership of media to smother the American people with their propaganda, more measures put in place to prevent the people who vote against them from even getting to vote, on and on.

The rest of the world might look at this happening and laugh. Look at the history at how the US put dictators in power over other countries, who would send the country's wealth to the US, and use brutal force to maintain power over the people, torturing and killing anyone who questioned them, with the US helping, training the torturers, supplying lists of names of labor leaders and liberal professors.

And now these same interests are more and more turning on the American people, and it can get worse and worse.

The American people cannot resist these changes many ways - but they have one advantage - until they lose it - over those other countries - the vote.

The vote that so many Americans do not care about, use carelessly or not at all. If even a fraction of those who don't vote did, our country would be radically different. We wouldn't be about to move $6 trillion MORE to the rich from the American people, to end healthcare for tens of millions.

People sometimes feel they 'have no good choices' in elections. While Democrats are better than Republicans, too many are also compromised. Yet voting third party today is simply splitting the opposition vote letting the worst people win.

It's been argued the Republican serve the richest 1% and the Democrats the richest 10%.

In addition, Republicans even mislead people who are angry about these things to vote for them - like the sheep voting for the fox to rule the henhouse. It's most obvious as you watch trump lie about things like 'draining the swamp' when he actually is the heart of the swamp, as he lies his tax bill will hurt the rich rather than give them massive amounts (his own family estimated to gain $1 billion).

One thing the people can do is vote for progressives. If progressives had a majority the country would change radically - not for the worse with Republicans, not the empty change of Obama, big change.

If people are angry at abuses of power, vote progressive.

If they're angry about globalization, vote progressive.

If they're angry about powerful people not having to follow the rules, vote progressive.

If they're angry the government isn't on their side since before Reagan at least, vote progressive.

If they're angry the government isn't spending on the right things - medical research, education, healthcare, housing, infrastructure, stimulus for the people and economic growth, vote progressive.

If they're angry the government is spending on the wrong things - too much for military contractors, too much for domestic spying, too much for loopholes for the rich, vote progressive.

If they're angry that the record inequality that went down greatly with FDR and stay down until Reagan is now at record highs again ever since, vote progressive.

If they're angry at billions going to slick propaganda that manipulates the American people to sell lies that benefit the rich, vote progressive.

If they're angry that over half of Congress and its staff goes into lobbying when they leave office - legalized bribery - vote progressive.

If they love American, our system, the phrase "of the people, by the people, for the people", if they have morals, if they love democracy, vote progressive.

Here's a message for the American voter:  Vote progressive

It's a great message.  The difficulty is:  How to convince even the undecided.  Let alone those who are so far gone, they vote against the interests of themselves and their loved ones and hate people who care enough about their families to vote progressive.

This is a great article for any Liberal that wants to read it. The entire article is densly packed with devastating facts about the present-day Republican Party.   Below are just two short excerpts.

https://politicsmeanspolitics.com/its-come-to-this-the-republican-party-is-evil-e63b7d7fb2c8

It’s come to this: the Republican Party is evil.

If you call yourself a Republican or a conservative, I’d like you to stop for a moment and look around.

Turn off Fox News.

Turn off AM radio.

Close you internet browser.

Now, please, thinking rationally, take a look at where you are.

You support a party that justifies sexual assault: now for the second time in as many years. First it was for President. Now it’s for a Senate seat.

The justification itself is horrifying, but it’s nothing new. This has become the standard play of today’s Republican Party: if you don’t like the news, just pretend it isn’t real. Fake news — some conspiracy by the liberal media or a dirty trick paid for by George Soros.

- snip -

But the truth is just the opposite.

For what does today’s Republican Party stand for?

• Taking healthcare away from millions of people in order to give tax cuts to the rich and powerful.
  • Increasing the national debt and raising taxes on those in the lower and middle class — including college students — to give tax cuts to billionaires and multinational corporations.
  • Ensuring criminals, domestic abusers, terrorists, and the mentally ill have access to high powered assault rifles.
  • Selling off public lands — including national parks — so they can be destroyed by mining and oil companies.
  • Filling state and federal agencies — including our courts — with partisan hacks, industry insiders, and lobbyists friendly to the businesses they’re supposed to be regulating.
  • Preventing Americans— especially poor and colored people — from being able to vote.
  • Trying to cover up Russian interference in our election and obstructing our own justice department, specifically the FBI and Robert Mueller from investigating what happened.

I think it's simpler - as I've said, the Republican Party has one real agenda, plutocracy and the rest is whatever helps that real agenda, by getting elected so they can pass it.

Let's look at the list you quoted:

• Taking healthcare away from millions of people in order to give tax cuts to the rich and powerful.
  • Increasing the national debt and raising taxes on those in the lower and middle class — including college students — to give tax cuts to billionaires and multinational corporations.
  • Ensuring criminals, domestic abusers, terrorists, and the mentally ill have access to high powered assault rifles.
  • Selling off public lands — including national parks — so they can be destroyed by mining and oil companies.
  • Filling state and federal agencies — including our courts — with partisan hacks, industry insiders, and lobbyists friendly to the businesses they’re supposed to be regulating.
  • Preventing Americans— especially poor and colored people — from being able to vote.
  • Trying to cover up Russian interference in our election and obstructing our own justice department, specifically the FBI and Robert Mueller from investigating what happened.'

Taking them in order:

- Direct plutocracy (taking the money for healthcare for tens of millions to give it to the rich)

- Direct plutocracy (giving more to the rich by taking it from the rest of society and adding to the public debt)

- Pandering to gun lovers for votes

- Direct plutocracy (taking public lands for private profit)

- Direct plutocracy (take over government to serve the rich and deny the poor representation)

- Denying the people votes so they can get elected to pursue plutocracy

- Fighting a threat to their being in power to pursue plutocracy.

It's that simple.

It's true.  Everything they do is in the interest of hastening the upward transfer of wealth.  But Republican faithful, the uneducated Cult Of Ignorance and false religion, have it the other way around.  The only way we can combat this is to develop a bigger and louder Left Wing Noise Machine.  And since we're not as well-funded, it's not going to happen easily.

And the scary thing:---  The Ignorance Cult respects no facts and is swayed by no logic in their blind partisanship.

7 hours ago, Craig234 said:

The American people in many ways are getting screwed. Their incomes have been flat for decades, while all economic growth has gone to the rich.

You need to know, we're on the road to it getting worse, not better. The American people will have less and less and less power and wealth. Because the more wealth and power the rich have, the more they're to use it to get more. It's a vicious cycle.

As they get more, they take over more and more - they create more 'lobbying' that pays for more politicians to do their bidding, more 'think tanks' to say what helps them is the good thing to do, more ownership of media to smother the American people with their propaganda, more measures put in place to prevent the people who vote against them from even getting to vote, on and on.

The rest of the world might look at this happening and laugh. Look at the history at how the US put dictators in power over other countries, who would send the country's wealth to the US, and use brutal force to maintain power over the people, torturing and killing anyone who questioned them, with the US helping, training the torturers, supplying lists of names of labor leaders and liberal professors.

And now these same interests are more and more turning on the American people, and it can get worse and worse.

The American people cannot resist these changes many ways - but they have one advantage - until they lose it - over those other countries - the vote.

The vote that so many Americans do not care about, use carelessly or not at all. If even a fraction of those who don't vote did, our country would be radically different. We wouldn't be about to move $6 trillion MORE to the rich from the American people, to end healthcare for tens of millions.

People sometimes feel they 'have no good choices' in elections. While Democrats are better than Republicans, too many are also compromised. Yet voting third party today is simply splitting the opposition vote letting the worst people win.

It's been argued the Republican serve the richest 1% and the Democrats the richest 10%.

In addition, Republicans even mislead people who are angry about these things to vote for them - like the sheep voting for the fox to rule the henhouse. It's most obvious as you watch trump lie about things like 'draining the swamp' when he actually is the heart of the swamp, as he lies his tax bill will hurt the rich rather than give them massive amounts (his own family estimated to gain $1 billion).

One thing the people can do is vote for progressives. If progressives had a majority the country would change radically - not for the worse with Republicans, not the empty change of Obama, big change.

If people are angry at abuses of power, vote progressive.

If they're angry about globalization, vote progressive.

If they're angry about powerful people not having to follow the rules, vote progressive.

If they're angry the government isn't on their side since before Reagan at least, vote progressive.

If they're angry the government isn't spending on the right things - medical research, education, healthcare, housing, infrastructure, stimulus for the people and economic growth, vote progressive.

If they're angry the government is spending on the wrong things - too much for military contractors, too much for domestic spying, too much for loopholes for the rich, vote progressive.

If they're angry that the record inequality that went down greatly with FDR and stay down until Reagan is now at record highs again ever since, vote progressive.

If they're angry at billions going to slick propaganda that manipulates the American people to sell lies that benefit the rich, vote progressive.

If they're angry that over half of Congress and its staff goes into lobbying when they leave office - legalized bribery - vote progressive.

If they love American, our system, the phrase "of the people, by the people, for the people", if they have morals, if they love democracy, vote progressive.

I would substitute the word LIBERAL but I think you're absolutely right !

GOP AGENDA

Taking healthcare away from millions of people in order to give tax cuts to the rich and powerful.

Increasing the national debt and raising taxes on those in the lower and middle class — including college students — to give tax cuts to billionaires and multinational corporations.

Ensuring criminals, domestic abusers, terrorists, and the mentally ill have access to high powered assault rifles.

Selling off public lands — including national parks — so they can be destroyed by mining and oil companies.

Filling state and federal agencies — including our courts — with partisan hacks, industry insiders, and lobbyists friendly to the businesses they’re supposed to be regulating.

Preventing Americans— especially poor and colored people — from being able to vote.

Trying to cover up Russian interference in our election and obstructing our own justice department, specifically the FBI and Robert Mueller from investigating what happened

The GOP has legislation for sale and this is what the highest bidders ordered.  It is corruption writ large.   IMO, Progressive votes will never prevail, for long, until money is removed from politics.  It will be a tall order, but not impossible.  As was mentioned, the longer we take to make the necessary changes, the harder it will become.

Once Progressives dominate government, it will be necessary to tax the rich at a high enough rate to prevent them from ever buying government, again. 

If We fail at reforming the system, the dream of the Founding Brothers will be dead to be replaced by a new Dark Age in the USA.  Hopefully, representative government will live on in other places where it has taken root. 

Representative government currently does not exist in the US at the federal level or the Republican states in many cases. (Of course, SOME voters actually WANT the people who are in power, but that's more a coincidence - it doesn't meant the politicians are serving them. They're not.) We DO still have the vote IF we can get people to vote for better candidates.

Only the most dim Trump voters fell for his economic promises. But they heard the dog whistle loud and clear. They voted for him because ha promised to stick it to people they don't like. The secret to Trump is racism. And now they don't have to feel ashamed about it anymore. They are making America great again

11 hours ago, Zaro said:

Only the most dim Trump voters fell for his economic promises. But they heard the dog whistle loud and clear. They voted for him because ha promised to stick it to people they don't like. The secret to Trump is racism. And now they don't have to feel ashamed about it anymore. They are making America great again

This, and also the promise that the orange thing will appoint judges that go against gay rights and abortion rights. Religion and racism, back together again like they were never apart. How soon before  some federal office holder burns a cross and says they're proud of it??

5 minutes ago, laripu said:

This, and also the promise that the orange thing will appoint judges that go against gay rights and abortion rights. Religion and racism, back together again like they were never apart. How soon before  some federal office holder burns a cross and says they're proud of it??

That piece in The Atlantic lays out why Trump voters don't see themselves as racist. Just pro white Christian.

Regardless, I'm glad they got fugged with that tax bill and insulted by Grassley for their idiocy

31 minutes ago, Zaro said:

That piece in The Atlantic lays out why Trump voters don't see themselves as racist. Just pro white Christian.

Regardless, I'm glad they got fugged with that tax bill and insulted by Grassley for their idiocy

I worry personally, for myself, when white supremacists get screwed, and have trouble making ends meet.

When they make enough to feed their families and pay their mortgages, they just talk hatefully about blacks and Jews.

When they're screwed and poorer than normal, they blame Jews for it.They'll look at Jews living a middle class life and resent that. They don't blame themselves for their illogical contempt for education or their poor decisions.  They blame Jews. Then the violence starts. Usually the violence is initially against blacks because they're more visible targets, but that's not satisfying enough for real racists.  So before long it's Jews too. I start to worry when white supremacists can't make ends meet.

Grassley's comments should be splashed on billboards all over Iowa:  “I think not having the estate tax recognizes the people that are investing — as opposed to those that are just spending every darn penny they have, whether it’s on booze or women or movies.”

Hey, I'm guilty of all that:

• I make my own beer and therefore spend nearly $10 a week on alcohol related items.
  • My wife isn't working and I support us both, therefore I'm spending my money on a woman.
  • I watch movies on TV, and have cable.  Therefore I'm spending my money on movies.

Senator Grassley, apparently I'm immoral and spending my money on booze and women and movies. If pot ever gets legalized at both the state and federal level, I might try eating a brownie... and then you can excoriate me for that too.