Why did Boko Haram form in Nigeria? Shell Oil.

There are hundreds of oil spills every year in Nigeria from pipelines belonging to different companies but the spills in this area came from pipes run by Royal Dutch Shell.

Shell has accepted responsibility for two spills in K Dere - in 2009 and 2012 - but when approached about the contents of this report, it said it had no comment
Of the 2009 spill, it says efforts have been made to clean up. But it says they were inhibited by "the wider access challenges in Ogoniland".

K Dere is in the Ogoniland region of Rivers State, where residents have long protested about the environmental effects of the oil industry.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-42168902

12 minutes ago, untitled said:

There are hundreds of oil spills every year in Nigeria from pipelines belonging to different companies but the spills in this area came from pipes run by Royal Dutch Shell.

Shell has accepted responsibility for two spills in K Dere - in 2009 and 2012 - but when approached about the contents of this report, it said it had no comment
Of the 2009 spill, it says efforts have been made to clean up. But it says they were inhibited by "the wider access challenges in Ogoniland".

K Dere is in the Ogoniland region of Rivers State, where residents have long protested about the environmental effects of the oil industry.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-42168902

Your OP title is 110% inaccurate. 

How Shell, and other oil companies, treat Nigeria is 110% accurate.

You're batting .500 on this one...

Just now, LaughinAtLefty said:

Not being snarky, just letting you know.

You're OP title is completely inaccurate. 

Shell and other oil companies, and their utter abuse and disregard in Nigeria is completely accurate.

Seems pretty straight forward.

so you have nothing

2 minutes ago, untitled said:

so you have nothing

No, actually. Having spent 6.5 years in that neighborhood, I undoubtedly have significantly better insight than most. 

It's a hell of a lot more than your silly OP title. You're trying to link "big oil" with a vicious, no holds barred, nasty terrorist group - with big oil as the culprit. That is completely inaccurate.

I also, having seen the Bad word first hand, agree 100% that Shell and other oil companies are absolutely beyond worm Bad word in how they operate, the fact they give absolutely zero of a Bad word about anyone - and have destroyed the lives and environment in Rivers and Bayelsa states. Unforgiveable what they do in the name of greed.

8 minutes ago, LaughinAtLefty said:

No, actually. Having spent 6.5 years in that neighborhood, I undoubtedly have significantly better insight than most. 

It's a hell of a lot more than your silly OP title. You're trying to link "big oil" with a vicious, no holds barred, nasty terrorist group - with big oil as the culprit. That is completely inaccurate.

I also, having seen the Bad word first hand, agree 100% that Shell and other oil companies are absolutely beyond worm Bad word in how they operate, the fact they give absolutely zero of a Bad word about anyone - and have destroyed the lives and environment in Rivers and Bayelsa states. Unforgiveable what they do in the name of greed.

What I thought. Shut the Eff up, hate troll.

24 minutes ago, untitled said:

What I thought. Shut the Eff up, hate troll.

You know, it's hilarious watching you people make fools of yourselves. You're posting on something you have absolutely NO CLUE about, in an agenda attempt to link oil to terrorism. It's almost to the point of not being something to laugh at you about, but to be annoyed at your ignorance.

Are you the dope that says he's "originally from Benin" that was clueless about everything West African - or just some idiot that's never been out of the US?

Just now, LaughinAtLefty said:

You know, it's hilarious watching you people make fools of yourselves. You're posting on something you have absolutely NO CLUE about, in an agenda attempt to link oil to terrorism. It's almost to the point of not being something to laugh at you about, but to be annoyed at your ignorance.

Are you the dope that says he's "originally from Benin" that was clueless about everything West African - or just some idiot that's never been out of the US?

I asked you not to write insults. Now you're on ignore.