Oh by the way, our judiciary is being taken over by right-wing radicals

Craig234

The Federalist Society is the 'movement organization' (koch funded) that recruits and indoctrinates the lawyers and judges and gets them into positions including the last few Republican Supreme Court appointments.

Republican presidents simply have them say who to appoint, and trump is now doing that in what's described as 'remaking the judiciary for a generation', with young white conservatives.

This was possible because of Republican obstructionism blocking Obama's appointments, including the Supreme Court. trump has appointed about three times as many judges as Obama so far.

http://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/360598-meet-the-powerful-group-behind-trumps-judicial-nominations

It looks to me like the judiciary is already gone. They have no respect for the rule of law. They will rule for the GOP no matter what the issue, even if it directly contradicts their previous rulings for the GOP.  I have no confidence in our judicial system. Even if you found an honest judge somewhere, the GOP supreme court could simply over rule any lower court.

1 hour ago, DonJoe said:

It looks to me like the judiciary is already gone. They have no respect for the rule of law. They will rule for the GOP no matter what the issue, even if it directly contradicts their previous rulings for the GOP.  I have no confidence in our judicial system. Even if you found an honest judge somewhere, the GOP supreme court could simply over rule any lower court.

Regarding most Republican appointments, sadly I think that's not far off.

There are still a lot of Democratic appointments - but the Supreme Court is controlled by the radicals.