"...and the horse you rode in on."

Test poll.  

158 members have voted

1. 1. Election votes should be made public for all. That is, who you are and how you voted shall be public.

• I'm a lefty and say "yes."
    • I'm a lefty and say "no."
    • I'm a righty and say "yes."
    • I'm a righty and say "no."
    • Please, teacher, say sumpin about pyramids.
    • Ban teacher.

31 minutes ago, lucifershammer said:

Dude I know you're not that stupid. Every post on this forum is time stamped  exactly the same.

And how would I know that?  I don't see what other posters see on their computers.   

I asked for a simple test.   Are you unwilling to do it?

• Replies 29k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• teacher

• Chuck!

• WillFranklin

• FivebyFive

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It is called human nature dude. No one is of any one pure conviction..Not even you. If you are, then you are in a tiny lil box that will eventually suffocate you

Agreed. He does and can be quite irritating with his mannerisms. If there was a stiff wind the dude would break in half. He does not want to debate he wants to dictate. Okay guys my pillow is calli

I still don't care about you and your problems with the LO room.   I heard you fired up a sok and posted in the LO room and got caught doing it and you gonna scream about integrity to me?

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, BeAChooser said:

And how would I know that?  I don't see what other posters see on their computers.   

I asked for a simple test.   Are you unwilling to do it?

I see your effort being futile. I have made the decision,  I have talked to scout and there isn't one goddamned thing  you can do about it. Suck it up buttercup.

6 minutes ago, lucifershammer said:

I see your effort being futile. I have made the decision,  I have talked to scout and there isn't one goddamned thing  you can do about it. Suck it up buttercup.

I started a test thread, lh …

So far two people have reported what they see.   One says 12:31 PST and they say they are in Nevada  and the other says 3:31 Eastern and I assume he's east of the Mississippi.   So it appears that what you just claimed about all of us seeing the same time zone is false and my point about the 5 threads a day rule is proven.

Now I wonder if teacher's attitude is the same as yours stated above.  Well, teacher?

On 9/10/2020 at 12:45 AM, Zaro said:

What's your attitude  towards mouthwash?

It's an integral part of oral hygiene. Also, it's leaves my breath minty fresh and me oh so kissable. 

• Like 1
On 9/11/2020 at 8:24 PM, BeAChooser said:

Question, teacher.   lucifershammer has just changed the rule for new threads from 5 in 24 hours to 5 in a day (i.e., starting at midnight on the day in which the last one posted before someone complains.  

That don't seem right. I shall read more. (This is my thread, I have to.)

On 9/12/2020 at 2:53 PM, BeAChooser said:

Regarding the above question, teacher, I assume that when one of us lists the posts by another poster, it indicates the time the posts were made in our time zone, not necessarily that of the other poster or a moderator to whom we might complain.   

Sure. Our time zone being EST. If member posts were to be time/date stamped according to their time zone it would be bedlam. I can't do math, especially now that I'm wearing mittens and typing with my thumbs.  

So if I and the moderator are in different time zones,

You should move. 

then we might get different answers for the number of posts made by a poster since OUR last midnight (luciferhammer's 5 new thread rule).   So I could complain to a moderator about a poster violating lh's 

What means this "Ih's?"

5/day rule and he'd look and see only 5 posts or less.

Not posts, threads started. Please to use The Queen's English. 

See what I mean?

I'm with you. 

Or am I wrong about the way the number of posts made by a poster is presented to me when I look?

Good thing I set aside this time in my day to ponder minutiae.

Do I and the moderator, if we are in different time zones, see the exact same times for when the poster made the posts?

I'm going with yes.

If that's true then the 5 posts per 24 hour rule is the only way to go since only it will produce the same count of posts regardless of the timezone.

Of course that's the only way to go. It's a rule and I started it. I wroted "...thou shall not start more than 5 threads within any given 24 hour period." If I had said "per day" then the debate of what a day is starts. It's like I can see the future. (I can.) Some interesting history, interesting to me, anyway. Some few years after I started that rule (not sure if I really had the authority to do that) The Ol' Man came up with the exact same rule. It's like I can see the future. 

I can.

By the way, teacher, this was the response to the above concern on the thread where lh

Ah, lucifershammer. My bad, I get it now. 

issued his decree regarding the way the 5 new threads rule is going to be enforced ...

Not so much enforced as is interpreted. 

"I'm not gonna split hairs and research time zones and count threads. "

Says Mr. Hammer. There we go. This site is like that. I entirely understand that. There's no way I am gonna put upon our mods my mindset. If that happens every Swinging Richard member/mod other than Jesus shall be put upon. So, Mr. Chooser, imagine my plight. You are a long time solid veteran of LF. A fine hall monitor, I've yet to find your pointing out where others have failed wanting. Have you kept up with with the rewards? I haven't. I say you are ten(10.) You can start ten(10) treads within any given 24 hour period or six(6) threads five(5) days in a row, or not. Many ways to kill that one. 

Sir, a Presidential election is soon upon us. You should take advantage of this. I shall, I'm gonna kill this. 

On 9/12/2020 at 3:13 PM, lucifershammer said:

You do realize that no  matter where you are this forum posts everyone in the same timezone right?

That would be my understanding.

On 9/11/2020 at 8:24 PM, BeAChooser said:

Question, teacher.   lucifershammer has just changed the rule for new threads from 5 in 24 hours to 5 in a day (i.e., starting at midnight on the day in which the last one posted before someone complains.  Now I tried to get him to explain the reason for changing the old rule (he did it to avoid punishing Scout).  Here's my post to him ...

https://www.liberalforum.org/topic/327906-panic-scout-has-started-ten10-propaganda-threads-in-the-last-24-hours-ha/page/2/?tab=comments#comment-1062127007 

And here was his response: 

So here I am.   Any comment?

You got a bit of a spanking. 

45 minutes ago, lucifershammer said:

Thank you

You betchya. 

So, Mr. Hammer, you been a high faluting member/mod for some time now. 

Given that all that the members of this site say, the lies, the truth, it never ends, fu(k me the lies never end.

Nuttin you or I can do about that. 

I kid.

I can.

Just now, teacher said:

You betchya. 

So, Mr. Hammer, you been a high faluting member/mod for some time now. 

Given that all that the members of this site say, the lies, the truth, it never ends, fu(k me the lies never end.

Nuttin you or I can do about that. 

I kid.

I can.

It's  a giant circle jerk that never ends yet on occasion gets out of control and wrists get broke.

49 minutes ago, lucifershammer said:

It's  a giant circle jerk that never ends yet on occasion gets out of control and wrists get broke.

Sure. Welcome to the fray. 

Here's how this works, bro. Every time I show up I'm gonna get busy. I'm gonna stand to for my mods unless they su(k. I don't look around, I kinda have a gig at this site, I have the pulse, it comes to me, so, my bro Mr. Hammer been gettin on this site for some time now. For sure Mr. Hammer ain't me. But then who is? Mr. Hammer been handing out gigs. Eh.

Eh, I have more. 

Looking around it's all good. Left hates right, right hates left, not so much seeing killer reasons why either is so, maybe one here, one there, little bit, but still it remains ya'll su(k at advancing your agenda. I don't have an agenda. I have an ideology. We are all used to my ideology. I have a mutha fu(kin list. Ya'll should come up with a list. Every single one of you unwashed masses should bring a list. I gots my list. Have for long time. My list stands pat. I'm sorry, is this not a political debate forum? 

Sorry, for me, it is not. Apparently for me this is where I come to type stuff. 

4 hours ago, lucifershammer said:

You got a bit of a spanking. 

And yet in the test thread, I had posters in different time zones telling me that they saw different times for the start of the thread.   Can you explain that?  Also, teacher clearly stated above that the rule he established (for good reason) was 5 new threads IN A 24 HOUR PERIOD.   Now teacher, being the owner, can ignore is own statement and let you get away with what you did.   That's within his rights.   I just wanted to understand what the new rule REALLY is, lh, and whether it had the backing of teacher.   I heard him agree with you that everyone sees the same time (contrary to what the test thread appears to indicate) but I didn't hear him agree with your new 5 threads rule.   I heard just the opposite.    I wouldn't call that a ME being "spanked".  

For some reason I just thought about clone.net. I went and checked it out. I had a thread there, "Son of... and the horse you rode in on." Had it for years. Recently when I handed this site off from The Ol' Man to Mr. Fools I went back to clone.net and gave them just a tiny little bit of the what for. For my troubles I was summarily banned. Friggin Son of was an easy 5k views. Of all the people in the world wouldn't I be about the last person you want to pizz off when it comes to political debate? 

1 minute ago, BeAChooser said:

And yet in the test thread, I had posters in different time zones telling me that they saw different times for the start for the thread.   Can you explain that?

You whupped a mod. Maybe. 

Show me any other thread on God's Green Earth where you get to do that and walk away skipping and grinning. 

Now we all have to live with this.

3 minutes ago, teacher said:

You whupped a mod. Maybe. 

Show me any other thread on God's Green Earth where you get to do that and walk away skipping and grinning. 

Now we all have to live with this.

LF under your benevolent rule is wonderfully free.   I bow down to you ...

tenor.gif