Jump to content

You know what I've never seen in tens of thousands of forum posts? One right-winger criticize ALEC


Recommended Posts

Why is that? They've had it pointed out to them what ALEC is, but never say a bad word.

 

And they wonder why they're accused of being supporters of economic tyranny. They love their overlords. They think the government is the big threat of oppression and money can do no wrong.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Craig234 said:

Why is that? They've had it pointed out to them what ALEC is, but never say a bad word.

 

And they wonder why they're accused of being supporters of economic tyranny. They love their overlords. They think the government is the big threat of oppression and money can do no wrong.

 

There appears to be a significant amount of paranoid conspiracy junk floating around the internet about ALEC, whose annual budget is smaller than that of countless thousands of small towns and counties (pop. < 10,000) nationwide.  There are single labor unions that, all by themselves, spend more every year on political donations than the sum total of all corporate contributions to ALEC.  The National Right To Work Committee, for example, has a budget twice the size of ALEC, and they're devoted to one single issue!  Countless, countless firms and lobbying groups spend amounts that utterly dwarf ALEC

 

Conservative people are getting together and collaborating to come up with conservative policy ideas!  Gasp!  CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT?!  OUTRAGEOUS!!! 
 

Sorry to be a conspiracy buzzkill, but this stuff is small potatoes and I have a feeling you are reading trash and getting worked up over it.  ALEC pushes things you disagree with and think are bad policies.  Maybe they are bad policies.  In fact let's just assume they're all terrible policies.  I'll go along with that possibility.  But your unhinged melodramatic conspiracy freakouts about ALEC don't strengthen any such arguments.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Neomalthusian said:

 

There appears to be a significant amount of paranoid conspiracy junk floating around the internet about ALEC, whose annual budget is smaller than that of countless thousands of small towns and counties (pop. < 10,000) nationwide.  There are single labor unions that, all by themselves, spend more every year on political donations than the sum total of all corporate contributions to ALEC.  The National Right To Work Committee, for example, has a budget twice the size of ALEC, and they're devoted to one single issue!  Countless, countless firms and lobbying groups spend amounts that utterly dwarf ALEC

 

Conservative people are getting together and collaborating to come up with conservative policy ideas!  Gasp!  CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT?!  OUTRAGEOUS!!! 
 

Sorry to be a conspiracy buzzkill, but this stuff is small potatoes and I have a feeling you are reading trash and getting worked up over it.  ALEC pushes things you disagree with and think are bad policies.  Maybe they are bad policies.  In fact let's just assume they're all terrible policies.  I'll go along with that possibility.  But your unhinged melodramatic conspiracy freakouts about ALEC don't strengthen any such arguments.

 

 

 

You have a simplistic approach only looking at budgets. In some Republican states, a third of all laws they pass are handed to them to pass by ALEC.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Craig234 said:

Why is that? They've had it pointed out to them what ALEC is, but never say a bad word.

 

And they wonder why they're accused of being supporters of economic tyranny. They love their overlords. They think the government is the big threat of oppression and money can do no wrong.

But when someone shows the errors of their everyone else's intellectual social misdirection used by every other franchise ignoring now is Eternity, you ignore it as your own ideology is made inaccurate as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/24/2017 at 9:07 PM, sole result said:

But when someone shows the errors of their everyone else's intellectual social misdirection used by every other franchise ignoring now is Eternity, you ignore it as your own ideology is made inaccurate as well.

No rebuttal?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/24/2017 at 9:06 PM, Craig234 said:

 

You have a simplistic approach only looking at budgets. In some Republican states, a third of all laws they pass are handed to them to pass by ALEC.

 

Maybe you should list some of those bills instead of being vague

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Chuck! said:

 

Maybe you should list some of those bills instead of being vague

 

 

Nothing vague about how many bills they are handing to Republicans to pass, but here are some samples of their agenda:

 

"1. Pushing voter suppression laws

2. Reducing or eliminating income taxes

3. Blocking paid sick leave bills

4. Attacking efforts to raise wages

5. Taking down state renewable energy standards

6. Banning the exposure of unsafe or cruel farm practices"

 

https://thinkprogress.org/6-dangerous-alec-backed-bills-beyond-stand-your-ground-laws-b838734d5cc6/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Craig234 said:

 

Nothing vague about how many bills they are handing to Republicans to pass, but here are some samples of their agenda:

 

"1. Pushing voter suppression laws

2. Reducing or eliminating income taxes

3. Blocking paid sick leave bills

4. Attacking efforts to raise wages

5. Taking down state renewable energy standards

6. Banning the exposure of unsafe or cruel farm practices"

 

https://thinkprogress.org/6-dangerous-alec-backed-bills-beyond-stand-your-ground-laws-b838734d5cc6/

maybe your ideology should push for single topic single issue format of legislating rule of law at ignoring being eternally separated now biologically here one idea at a time. Oh legislation would never pass anything honestly as history has shown rule of law enables corrupted interpretations of self evident results as a human right.

 

all humans left adapting in the moment are absolutely corrupted into thinking time line semantics is all anyone can know about socially morally, legally, ethically, academically, artistically, politically, spiritually, economically verbally silencing instinctive awareness from any public gathering of mob mentalities. Democracy in dictatorship of what anyone can say to everyone else simultaneously here.

 

majority ruled by those orchestrating chaos and organizing denial ancestrally within the species perpetually sustained biologically as ever present ancestrally here in this atmosphere forever intellectually agreeing to disagree about being eternally separated now.

 

anyone else see the eternal conflicts of intellectual interpretation used historically against ancestry by personally dishonest sole of reproduction  keeping everyone on message each next generation?

 

Gee vote for the lesser of two evils Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton in 2018. personal dishonesty won trying to reverse social corruption acted out ancestrally so far.

 

Applied Intellectual Armageddon in practice since 2007.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Craig234 said:

 

Nothing vague about how many bills they are handing to Republicans to pass, but here are some samples of their agenda:

 

"1. Pushing voter suppression laws

2. Reducing or eliminating income taxes

3. Blocking paid sick leave bills

4. Attacking efforts to raise wages

5. Taking down state renewable energy standards

6. Banning the exposure of unsafe or cruel farm practices"

 

https://thinkprogress.org/6-dangerous-alec-backed-bills-beyond-stand-your-ground-laws-b838734d5cc6/

 

You think that the people don't want that?

Most of your wording is misleading and dishonest
For example, what we call voter ID laws, you call "voter suppression laws"

And so on and so forth

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Chuck! said:

 

You think that the people don't want that?

Most of your wording is misleading and dishonest
For example, what we call voter ID laws, you call "voter suppression laws"

And so on and so forth

 

 

 

Uh, it's not 'my wording', making your words 'misleading and dishonest'. And the bills they push ARE voter suppression. That's their whole purpose.

 

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/17/us/some-republicans-acknowledge-leveraging-voter-id-laws-for-political-gain.html

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/24/2017 at 7:36 PM, Craig234 said:

Why is that? They've had it pointed out to them what ALEC is, but never say a bad word.

 

And they wonder why they're accused of being supporters of economic tyranny. They love their overlords. They think the government is the big threat of oppression and money can do no wrong.

I remember when he cussed his daughter out and called her names. That was played on the air everywhere, man did that liberal look stupid.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...