Federal judge strikes down Texas abortion ban

Get it through your thick skulls, anti-choicers.  Roe v Wade is the law of the land.  

A federal judge has struck down Texas' ban on a common second-trimester abortion procedure.

On Wednesday, US District Judge Lee Yeakel overturned Texas Senate Bill 8 -- which was passed earlier this year and banned doctors from performing dilation and evacuation abortions.

"That a woman may make the decision to have an abortion before a fetus may survive outside her womb is solely and exclusively the woman's decision. The power to make this decision is her right," Yeakel wrote.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/23/health/texas-abortion-law-struck-down/index.html

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, RollingRock said:

Get it through your thick skulls, anti-choicers.  Roe v Wade is the law of the land.  

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/23/health/texas-abortion-law-struck-down/index.html

Did a quick google search on this judge, and he looks like a true LBJ democrat mentality.

9 minutes ago, RollingRock said:

I love women making their own medical choices.

Why do you hate freedom of choice anyway?

You love dead babies. 

I don't hate freedom of choice, I hate dead babies. 

If you don't want to have a baby, CHOOSE to go to Walmart and buy birth control for $9.

Just now, Golfboy said:

You love dead babies. 

If you don't want to have a baby, CHOOSE to go to Walmart and buy birth control for $9.

Golfboy is a result of outlawing abortions

Just now, LaughinAtLefty said:

I can kinda see that...

Yet, the basic fact remains there is no "freedom of choice" for the baby, only a death sentence.

The basic fact remains righties want more BIG GOVERNMENT in our lives by telling a woman what she can and cannot do

This from the party of less government in out lives

Heh, heh, heh!!!

3 minutes ago, LaughinAtLefty said:

What "freedom of choice" are you giving the baby? Or is it the baby's fault it was created by some dumbass that didn't want it?

There is no baby.  At the point in gestation when women typically have abortions (6-13 weeks), it's a fetus.  

Just now, justrying said:

The basic fact remains righties want more BIG GOVERNMENT in our lives by telling a woman what she can and cannot do

This from the party of less government in out lives

Heh, heh, heh!!!

Quite the opposite. I want more people to take responsibility for their OWN actions. This whole abortion "debate", save for the .0000014% of abortions resulting from incest or rape - is ridiculous. 

Your ignorant talking point is just that...

7 minutes ago, Golfboy said:

You love dead babies. 

There are no babies; they're fetuses.  Women have a right to choose abortion when the fetus cannot survive outside the woman's body.  Please read the original post.  

2 minutes ago, RollingRock said:

There is no baby.  At the point in gestation when women typically have abortions (6-13 weeks), it's a fetus.  

Of course, the ole' it's not a life and we'll kill it until it meets our agenda's self-declared definition of life argument. How convenient - LOL...

How about this crazy concept - how about not putting oneself in that situation to begin with? 

Just now, LaughinAtLefty said:

Quite the opposite. I want more people to take responsibility for their OWN actions. This whole abortion "debate", save for the .0000014% of abortions resulting from incest or rape - is ridiculous. 

Your ignorant talking point is just that...

LOLOLOL!!

Righites want big government to tell a woman what she can and cannot do with her body, making her subject to punishment for getting abortions

hmmmmm.......

The party of less government in our lives, Tommy Tancredo

Try to keep up, ok? 

Just now, RollingRock said:

There are no babies; they're fetuses.  Women have a right to choose abortion when the fetus cannot survive outside the woman's body.  Please read the original post.  

I've already proven to you that fetuses ARE babies. 

Why repeat your faceplant?

fe·tus
ˈfēdəs/
noun

1. an unborn offspring of a mammal, in particular an unborn human baby more than eight weeks after conception.
    synonyms: embryo, unborn baby/child