Jump to content

Economic Nationalism


native
 Share

Recommended Posts

I think its overdue and desperately needed

Im all for raising tariffs

Revenue tariffs

Even protective tariffs if necessary

Make it a horrific business decision to move overseas

Even foreign investment should be treated with hostility imho

I believe America should be as self sufficient as She can possibly be

I think this is how we all prosper, bring massive amounts of people out of poverty and raise the standard of living

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, native said:

I think its overdue and desperately needed

Im all for raising tariffs

Revenue tariffs

Even protective tariffs if necessary

Make it a horrific business decision to move overseas

Even foreign investment should be treated with hostility imho

I believe America should be as self sufficient as She can possibly be

I think this is how we all prosper, bring massive amounts of people out of poverty and raise the standard of living

 

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, native said:

I think its overdue and desperately needed

Im all for raising tariffs

Revenue tariffs

Even protective tariffs if necessary

Make it a horrific business decision to move overseas

Even foreign investment should be treated with hostility imho

I believe America should be as self sufficient as She can possibly be

I think this is how we all prosper, bring massive amounts of people out of poverty and raise the standard of living

 

 

This makes strange bedfellows for you.  It puts you squarely in agreement with the likes of American labor unions as well as Steve Bannon and Donald Trump.  In fact it was this sort of thing that lured more union household votes away from Democrats than any presidential election since the 1984 Reagan landslide. 

 

In short, this protectionist rhetoric is the reason Donald Trump is in office.  Yet every economist from Paul Krugman to Ludwig von Mises has warned against it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yea it is what gave trump the election imho

Its what attracted some to Bernie

His trade was a little softer but still similiar to trump

I say trump is soft by the way

Free trade doesnt work 

Especially when the playing field is not even

Its nowhere near even

This isnt competition

Its a set up

We need to reverse this

Have manufacturing here

Have the millions of jobs flood back

Think about us first

No loyalty to some rigged global market

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, native said:

I think its overdue and desperately needed

Im all for raising tariffs

Revenue tariffs

Even protective tariffs if necessary

Make it a horrific business decision to move overseas

Even foreign investment should be treated with hostility imho

I believe America should be as self sufficient as She can possibly be

I think this is how we all prosper, bring massive amounts of people out of poverty and raise the standard of living

 

I am against tariffs and protectionism in general. I am a laissez faire capitalist. Protectionism is anti-capitalism. It is direct government intervention in the market place. I never understood how a conservative today can still call them selves a conservative is they support protectionist policies. These policies grow the federal government massively. I don't know if you are a conservative but many conservatives here support protectionist policies. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, native said:

Yea it is what gave trump the election imho

Its what attracted some to Bernie

His trade was a little softer but still similiar to trump

I say trump is soft by the way

Free trade doesnt work 

Especially when the playing field is not even

Its nowhere near even

This isnt competition

Its a set up

We need to reverse this

Have manufacturing here

Have the millions of jobs flood back

Think about us first

No loyalty to some rigged global market

 

Almost every economist, left and right, from Paul Krugman to Ludwig von Mises, disagrees with this, believes it will broadly lower living standards and social and economic wellbeing, and probably lead to war.

 

https://mises.org/library/economic-nationalism-philosophy-war

 

Right wing or left, prominent economic nationalists/protectionists are manipulative populists and propagandists. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well fallopian im not a conservative

 Im a left leaning constitutionalist

Tariffs would take the place of the federal income tax

That's what swells the federal government

The feds should run off of tariffs and corporate taxes

Period

All income tax would now stay in state as they should

How does that swell anything? 

Lassaiz Faire on an uneven playing field? 

Global market is hardly capitalism

Slave labor has no place in a real market

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, native said:

Well fallopian im not a conservative

 Im a left leaning constitutionalist

Tariffs would take the place of the federal income tax

That's what swells the federal government

The feds should run off of tariffs and corporate taxes

Period

All income tax would now stay in state as they should

How does that swell anything? 

Lassaiz Faire on an uneven playing field? 

Global market is hardly capitalism

Slave labor has no place in a real market

 

If you have this tariff system, you will drive other markets away from us and damage our economy. 

 

A left leaning constitutionalist. That's funny stuff right there. LOL!

 

I am against state income taxes. One of the biggest problem with state income taxes is sales tax states like mine have to subsidize these states via the federal tax code. It is a scam. 

 

The opportunity is there for you to make money.

 

There isn't any system where the playing field is level. All you can do is restrict  and redistribute. This removes incentive to make money under these systems 

 

No one but you is talking about slave labor. 

 

Your thread would be more interesting if you didn't repeat the same old leftist rhetoric from the last 100 years. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lol oh never heard of classical liberals fallopian? 

That's what we are

Left leaning constitutionalists

Maybe you didnt read my last post

There would be no federal income tax

Scam over player

Again

No

More

Federal

Income

Tax

It drives nobody away

Who's going to go?

Where they gonna go? 

Laissez faire must have an even playing field or it turns fascist real quick

Yea i know you dont wanna talk about slave labor

Kills your whole argument now doesn't it?

Now did you want to discuss this? 

Or you wanna use more throw away bs talking points?

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...