Walmart Plans to Pilot Test The New Tesla Semi: Alt Righties Pissed!

Walmart plans to pilot test the new Tesla Semi

This will really piss off the coal loving gun fondling uneducated regressives. The biggest retail giant in the world will be using Tesla big rigs. 

The retailer will pilot the Tesla Semi across both U.S. and Canada, the company says. Walmart operates around 6,000 of its own trucks currently to transfer stock from distribution centers to its stores.

This is a sign of how the Tesla Semi could make a bigger impact than many might suspect on the trucking industry. Cost of vehicle is definitely a consideration, and Tesla hasn't said much about what the trucks will retail for once available, but cost of operation is something they addressed, saying it's below that of diesel Class 8 heavy duty vehicles.

But Walmart's statement reveals yet another key selling point: Tesla's Semi can help with corporate sustainability efforts, and companies all over the world have committed to reducing emissions and lowering their ecological impact, whether due to internal targets and image considerations, or requirements from regulators and governing bodies.

The Tesla Semi checks a lot of boxes in terms of addressing bottom line considerations, offering 500 miles of range to avoid too much compromise vs. diesel truck travel capability, and providing a way for a company to decrease its net CO2 emissions without having to undertake expensive endeavors like sponsoring the construction of renewable power plants.

Elon is putting the screws to right wing morons. First he dissed Trump by resigning from the Business Council, and now this. The beauty of this is that cons can't afford to boycott Walmart. Sure, they might last a week or two on possum pie, but then what?

1 minute ago, drvoke said:

Elon is putting the screws to right wing morons. First he dissed Trump by resigning from the Business Council, and now this. The beauty of this is that cons can't afford to boycott Walmart. Sure, they might last a week or two on possum pie, but then what?

Walmart already puts solar panels on the roofs of their stores and distribution centers. This only makes sense. Their business model fits the distance the trucks deliver to the stores. The ability to charge the vehicles at the distribution centers, with individual charging stations at the stores would be a game changer that would save them billions.

Other grocery chains would soon follow suit after they saw the cost analysis. Add UPS, FedEx, and the USPS, and the demand for diesel just fell through the floor. A devastating blow to the fossil fuel industry.

A. IT"S NOT EVEN AVAILABLE AS OF YET

B. UNLESS Musk can produce BETTER than he is NOW, there won't be many available to even "test".

C. 500 MILES is NOTHING when a CTC rig can go close to 1000-1200 before refueling. AND if you have tandem drivers, they never stop them, so "electric" is NOT going to be practical since you MUST "recharge" for whatever LONG TIME IT TAKES to get them back on the road.

So, MAYBE if they "intowner" them, they will work, BUT for anything OTR, you can FORGET IT!!! DRIVERS and OWNERS/OPERATORS will NEVER buy them

And, that has NOTHING to do with liking or hating them. It has EVERYTHING to do with the PRACTICAL APPLICATION of them in the REAL WORLD, not that FANTASY BULLSHIT you goddamn shitstains like to live in.

Oh, and BEFORE you fucking MORONS get real excited about this....

IF they run the HEATERS OR AIR CONDITIONERS, the REAL "range" is about 100 miles.

And tell your DRIVERS you have to FREEZE TO DEATH OR BURN UP if you drive it and want to actually pull a full shift and GET PAID OF A FULL SHIFT!!

Trust me, you are going to have a TON of drivers tell you "go fuck yourself" and "get a diesel that actually is SUSTAINABLE for what we do".

1 hour ago, RussianDisinformation said:

This will really piss off the coal loving gun fondling uneducated regressives. The biggest retail giant in the world will be using Tesla big rigs. 

The retailer will pilot the Tesla Semi across both U.S. and Canada, the company says. Walmart operates around 6,000 of its own trucks currently to transfer stock from distribution centers to its stores.

This is a sign of how the Tesla Semi could make a bigger impact than many might suspect on the trucking industry. Cost of vehicle is definitely a consideration, and Tesla hasn't said much about what the trucks will retail for once available, but cost of operation is something they addressed, saying it's below that of diesel Class 8 heavy duty vehicles.

But Walmart's statement reveals yet another key selling point: Tesla's Semi can help with corporate sustainability efforts, and companies all over the world have committed to reducing emissions and lowering their ecological impact, whether due to internal targets and image considerations, or requirements from regulators and governing bodies.

The Tesla Semi checks a lot of boxes in terms of addressing bottom line considerations, offering 500 miles of range to avoid too much compromise vs. diesel truck travel capability, and providing a way for a company to decrease its net CO2 emissions without having to undertake expensive endeavors like sponsoring the construction of renewable power plants.

3 minutes ago, drvoke said:

Lol,

&

that's just the kind of Investment that Walmart can make and ultimately benefit from, so much more easily than most corporations. 

It gets worse for the tightie rigghties tho. My guess is that Walmart will also lead in piloting driverless trucks which along with other automation, will lead to the end of the post fact era. It can't happen soon enough.

2 minutes ago, MidnightMax said:

A. IT"S NOT EVEN AVAILABLE AS OF YET

B. UNLESS Musk can produce BETTER than he is NOW, there won't be many available to even "test".

C. 500 MILES is NOTHING when a CTC rig can go close to 1000-1200 before refueling. AND if you have tandem drivers, they never stop them, so "electric" is NOT going to be practical since you MUST "recharge" for whatever LONG TIME IT TAKES to get them back on the road.

So, MAYBE if they "intowner" them, they will work, BUT for anything OTR, you can FORGET IT!!! DRIVERS and OWNERS/OPERATORS will NEVER buy them

And, that has NOTHING to do with liking or hating them. It has EVERYTHING to do with the PRACTICAL APPLICATION of them in the REAL WORLD, not that FANTASY BULLSHIT you goddamn shitstains like to live in.

Give it time. The horse and buggy industry just knew they were safe from those new fangled jalopies to.

What solar and wind power that has already been installed has drastically cut demand for fossil fuel. Along with the efficiency standards that have improved mileage of passenger vehicles. China and India have now quadrupled their efforts in alternatives, and are already in the lead on commercial scale wind and solar, and electric vehicle production.

If you're a drill baby drill boot licker, your time is running out. There will never be another heyday for coal, gasoline and diesel fuel. Good fucking riddance.

3 minutes ago, IDontTypetoTrolls said:

Lol,

&

that's just the kind of Investment that Walmart can make and ultimately benefit from, so much more easily than most corporations. 

It gets worse for the tightie rigghties tho. My guess is that Walmart will also lead in piloting driverless trucks which along with other automation, will lead to the end of the post fact era. It can't happen soon enough.

AND THIS is the kind of MENTALITY that is WHY YOU SHIITSTAINS AREN'T WINNING ELECTIONS!!

ESPECIALLY when you promote total JOB LOSS for ANY industry that has supported a LOT of families!!

The WORKING CLASS is tell you fuckwads to GO FUCK YOURSELF AND TAKE YOUR BULLSHIT "IDEAS" WITH YOU!!!

You shitstains will NEVER LEARN NOW WILL YOU!!

2 minutes ago, skews13 said:

Give it time. The horse and buggy industry just knew they were safe from those new fangled jalopies to.

What solar and wind power that has already been installed has drastically cut demand for fossil fuel. Along with the efficiency standards that have improved mileage of passenger vehicles. China and India have now quadrupled their efforts in alternatives, and are already in the lead on commercial scale wind and solar, and electric vehicle production.

If you're a drill baby drill boot licker, your time is running out. There will never be another heyday for coal, gasoline and diesel fuel. Good fucking riddance.

There never WAS a "horse and buggy" INDUSTRY, MORON!!!!

13 minutes ago, MidnightMax said:

AND THIS is the kind of MENTALITY that is WHY YOU SHIITSTAINS AREN'T WINNING ELECTIONS!!

ESPECIALLY when you promote total JOB LOSS for ANY industry that has supported a LOT of families!!

The WORKING CLASS is tell you fuckwads to GO FUCK YOURSELF AND TAKE YOUR BULLSHIT "IDEAS" WITH YOU!!!

You shitstains will NEVER LEARN NOW WILL YOU!!

I can sympathize with the pain that job loss causes. We have had it happen in our family multiple times.

On the other hand, we have been fortunate to have been able

to support our family without the main breadwinner having a college degree.

We are a lot like you alt-righties demographically, yet we do not share your sense of entitlement or naivity. You are living in an alternate reality which. Values neither fact or team work.  

11 minutes ago, sole result said:

Walmart is on its way out of favor and has been for the last decade. It is that 50 year social cycle of retail industries coming and going.

Better check again. They just buried earnings eatimtes and are well on their way to building their drugstore monopoly

Kind of funny.......for years - decades - the left has screamed about how horrible WalMart was/is.

Now all of the sudden they're amazing!!!! LMFAO.....so shallow.

Electricity is cool. It would/will be a hell of a lot cooler when it's actually "green".....right now, it's not even remotely so.

It'll make for interesting documentaries watching Musk's car and truck robots building all of this stuff. Heck, he'll even throw in a few folks to monitor. Good stuff...

2 minutes ago, IDontTypetoTrolls said:

I can sympathize with the pain that job loss causes. We have had it happen in our family multiple times.

On the other hand, we have been fortunate to have been able

to support our family without the main breadwinner having a college degree.

We are a lot like you alt-righties demographically, yet we do not share your sense of entitlement or naivity. You are living in an alternate reality which. Values neither fact or team work.  

It's called laziness. It's what happens when you become complacent and don't think things can or will change.

That's always been the righty disease. Complacency. I'll be able to be a coal miner like dad and grandad was.

We'll always be able to rely on oil drilling jobs. 

White people will always be the carpenters, roofers, drywallers, painters, landscapers that will pay a decent wage.

There will always be a good paying factory job in town after I graduate high school.

These are the same numbnuts that have voted for the politicians for decades that took the money from the lobbiests that moved those factories, and mechanized those jobs, they now don't have anymore, while Hispanics slowly took over the building trades jobs I started in as a young man.

The same numbnuts that defended the Walmarts of the world.

Fuck them and their families. I hope fucking starve. You love those tax cutting conservative Repubicans so much you worhsip for your gun rights and your anti social politics. Fuck you. Eat shit and die.

7 minutes ago, IDontTypetoTrolls said:

Better check again. They just buried earnings eatimtes and are well on their way to building their drugstore monopoly

I have watched the downfall of retail giants for 40 years, Walmart had its time just like Kmart and Sears.  Walmart is spending too much to recoup the leveraging taking place over the last 5 years.

all your bull shit statistics are projections over the next 20 on the idea the promises made in the last decade will still apply tomorrow. Tomorrow is an intellectual concept that physically doesn't happen.

12 minutes ago, sole result said:

I have watched the downfall of retail giants for 40 years, Walmart had its time just like Kmart and Sears.  Walmart is spending too much to recoup the leveraging taking place over the last 5 years.

all your bull shit statistics [and] projections over the next 20 on the idea the promises made in the last decade will still apply tomorrow.

Excuse me, but I didn't quote stats like "40 year cycles" nor did I make a projection using comparisons. 

Good luck with your psychological projections too,  if you weren't such a dotard, you might actually learn something from them.

13 minutes ago, skews13 said:

It's called laziness. It's what happens when you become complacent and don't think things can or will change.

That's always been the righty disease. Complacency. I'll be able to be a coal miner like dad and grandad was.

We'll always be able to rely on oil drilling jobs. 

White people will always be the carpenters, roofers, drywallers, painters, landscapers that will pay a decent wage.

There will always be a good paying factory job in town after I graduate high school.

These are the same numbnuts that have voted for the politicians for decades that took the money from the lobbiests that moved those factories, and mechanized those jobs, they now don't have anymore, while Hispanics slowly took over the building trades jobs I started in as a young man.

The same numbnuts that defended the Walmarts of the world.

Fuck them and their families. I hope fucking starve. You love those tax cutting conservative Repubicans so much you worhsip for your gun rights and your anti social politics. Fuck you. Eat shit and die.

Could you be a little more narrow-minded?

Rhetorical......

2 minutes ago, IDontTypetoTrolls said:

Excuse me, but I didn't quote stats like "40 year cycles" nor did I make a projection using comparisons. 

Good luck with your psychological projections too,  if you weren't such a dotard, you might actually learn something from them.

Like your side stepping while flaming and blaming activism going on here.  I was describing how your recited facts are put together by those making them up and then you recite as if you had nothing to do with the corruption going on everywhere.

Your next response willgo along the lines of your "believe" the experts that gave you the ideas this is the way of the future.

4 hours ago, MidnightMax said:

Oh, and BEFORE you fucking MORONS get real excited about this....

IF they run the HEATERS OR AIR CONDITIONERS, the REAL "range" is about 100 miles.

And tell your DRIVERS you have to FREEZE TO DEATH OR BURN UP if you drive it and want to actually pull a full shift and GET PAID OF A FULL SHIFT!!

Trust me, you are going to have a TON of drivers tell you "go fuck yourself" and "get a diesel that actually is SUSTAINABLE for what we do".

RussianDispepsia is hard over this.

Someday, it might happen.

kj