Jump to content

Of course global warming thus climate change is a result of human activity how else can gobs of pollution be produced?


merrill
 Share

Recommended Posts

While global warming has been a concern for many many many many many many many decades some things seem to be certain.

 

1. Never before has there been billions upon billions upon billions of humans polluting planet earth.

 

2. Never before has there been billions upon billions of gasoline burning vehicles spewing pollution into the atmosphere.

 

3. Never before has there been billions of homes demanding energy from polluting sources.

 

4. Never before has there been billions of buildings demanding energy from polluting sources.

 

5. Never before has there been billions of polluting energy generating sources.

 

6. Never before has there been billions upon billions upon billions upon billions upon billions of humans supporting the clearing of the rainforest for food products not knowing the long term impact of removing massive numbers of trees and medicinal plants.

 

7. Never before has planet earth been expected to absorb tons and tons and tons and tons of pollution with human beings having no idea what the impact might be.

 

8. Never before has there been billions upon billions upon billions upon billions upon billions upon billions upon billions of human beings believing THEIR pollution is having zero impact ....... can we say ignorance is bliss.

 

9. Never before has there been billions upon billions upon billions upon billions upon billions of humans applying millions of gallons and or pounds of toxic chemicals to the landscapes.

 

10. Air and water pollution are man made driven by ignorance that nature is invincible. All of us have been ignorant of this until some decided to learn that there may be a connection to human lifestyles.

 

Perhaps it might be time to engage lifestyle choices that are far less polluting for the next 100 years just in case there is a reason to do so. Until we humans do such how will we ever know?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Global warming is linked with extreme weather events.

Infographic: Extreme Weather and Climate Change

Strong scientific evidence links climate change with increasing heat waves, coastal flooding, and other extreme weather events.
 

Extreme weather and climate change

What's the connection between global warming and extreme weather? When it comes to heat waves and coastal flooding, the scientific evidence is clear: Human-caused climate change is increasing these extreme weather events.

 

Other forms of severe weather are also closely linked to climate change, including a rise in extreme precipitation events in some regions and increasingly severe droughts in others. 

 

The effect of climate change on tornadoes and hurricanes is an active area of research. Scientific confidence with observed data is currently low, though the underlying mechanisms of climate change are expected to play a role.


Methodology

The Extreme Weather & Climate Change infographic is based on an evaluation of the Special Report on Managing the Risks of Extreme Events and Disasters to Advance Climate Change Adaptation (SREX), an authoritative 2012 assessment by the 

 

Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC).

 

Learn more about the methodology and assumptions behind the infographic.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Koch Outspends Exxon-Mobil on Climate Denial

 

The Wonk Room has long detailed the role of the billionaire brothers of Koch Industries, Charles and David Koch.

 

Their pollution-based fortunes have fueled a network of right-wing ideologues.

 

In public, the Kochs like to burnish their reputations by buying museum and opera halls. In private, however, they’ve outspent Exxon Mobil to fund organizations of the climate denial machine.

 

Although Koch people intentionally stay out of the public eye, it is now playing a quiet but dominant role in a high-profile national policy debate on global warming.

 

Koch Industries has become a financial kingpin of climate science denial

and clean energy opposition.

 

This private, out-of-sight corporation is now a partner to Exxon Mobil, the American Petroleum Institute and other donors that support organizations and front-groups opposing progressive clean energy and climate policy.

 

In fact, Koch has out-spent Exxon Mobil in funding these groups in recent years. From 2005 to 2008, Exxon Mobil spent $8.9 million while the Koch Industries-controlled foundations contributed $24.9 million in funding to organizations of the climate denial machine.

 

This report, “Koch Industries: Secretly Funding the Climate Denial Machine” documents roughly 40 climate denial and opposition organizations receiving Koch foundation grants in recent years, including:

 

http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2010/03/30/174616/koch-denial-machine/

 

Perhaps it might be time to engage in lifestyle choices that are far less polluting for the next  100 years just in case there is a reason to do so. Until we humans do such how will we ever know?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, benson13 said:

How does this happen?.....How does the gop get in Power only to take America backwards?

 

 

Oh,..thats right

 

 

"I LOVE THE UNEDUCATED...I WON WITH THE UNEDUCATED"

With now only being Eternity, any angle or direction is forward from the total sum achieved of molecular combinations so far being eternally separated currently spaced apart.

 

Never rule out how stupidity is transferred from one lifetime unto another socially, ancestrally to where everything in reality is corrupted now..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, merrill said:

While global warming has been a concern for many many many many many many many decades some things seem to be certain.

 

1. Never before has there been billions upon billions upon billions of humans polluting planet earth.

 

2. Never before has there been billions upon billions of gasoline burning vehicles spewing pollution into the atmosphere.

 

3. Never before has there been billions of homes demanding energy from polluting sources.

 

4. Never before has there been billions of buildings demanding energy from polluting sources.

 

5. Never before has there been billions of polluting energy generating sources.

 

6. Never before has there been billions upon billions upon billions upon billions upon billions of humans supporting the clearing of the rainforest for food products not knowing the long term impact of removing massive numbers of trees and medicinal plants.

 

7. Never before has planet earth been expected to absorb tons and tons and tons and tons of pollution with human beings having no idea what the impact might be.

 

8. Never before has there been billions upon billions upon billions upon billions upon billions upon billions upon billions of human beings believing THEIR pollution is having zero impact ....... can we say ignorance is bliss.

 

9. Never before has there been billions upon billions upon billions upon billions upon billions of humans applying millions of gallons and or pounds of toxic chemicals to the landscapes.

 

10. Air and water pollution are man made driven by ignorance that nature is invincible. All of us have been ignorant of this until some decided to learn that there may be a connection to human lifestyles.

 

Perhaps it might be time to engage lifestyle choices that are far less polluting for the next 100 years just in case there is a reason to do so. Until we humans do such how will we ever know?

 

So, HOW MANY PEOPLE do you plan to KILL OFF in order to reverse this??

 

2 billion??

 

3 billion??

 

MAYBE 3.5 BILLION???

 

Come on now, YOU make a claim like this, YOU need to offer YOUR SOLUTION and from what you indicate, the ONLY one that would work is the GENOCIDE OF BILLIONS OF PEOPLE!!
 

Right, shitstain???

 

ROFLMAO!!

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, merrill said:

While global warming has been a concern for many many many many many many many decades some things seem to be certain.

 

1. Never before has there been billions upon billions upon billions of humans polluting planet earth.

 

2. Never before has there been billions upon billions of gasoline burning vehicles spewing pollution into the atmosphere.

 

3. Never before has there been billions of homes demanding energy from polluting sources.

 

4. Never before has there been billions of buildings demanding energy from polluting sources.

 

5. Never before has there been billions of polluting energy generating sources.

 

6. Never before has there been billions upon billions upon billions upon billions upon billions of humans supporting the clearing of the rainforest for food products not knowing the long term impact of removing massive numbers of trees and medicinal plants.

 

7. Never before has planet earth been expected to absorb tons and tons and tons and tons of pollution with human beings having no idea what the impact might be.

 

8. Never before has there been billions upon billions upon billions upon billions upon billions upon billions upon billions of human beings believing THEIR pollution is having zero impact ....... can we say ignorance is bliss.

 

9. Never before has there been billions upon billions upon billions upon billions upon billions of humans applying millions of gallons and or pounds of toxic chemicals to the landscapes.

 

10. Air and water pollution are man made driven by ignorance that nature is invincible. All of us have been ignorant of this until some decided to learn that there may be a connection to human lifestyles.

 

Perhaps it might be time to engage lifestyle choices that are far less polluting for the next 100 years just in case there is a reason to do so. Until we humans do such how will we ever know?

Why do you climate alarmists keep conflating pollution with 'climate change'?

 

The earth has been much hotter in the past, and colder, BEFORE humans and BEFORE industrialization. How do you explain that?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, MidnightMax said:

 

So, HOW MANY PEOPLE do you plan to KILL OFF in order to reverse this??

 

2 billion??

 

3 billion??

 

MAYBE 3.5 BILLION???

 

Come on now, YOU make a claim like this, YOU need to offer YOUR SOLUTION and from what you indicate, the ONLY one that would work is the GENOCIDE OF BILLIONS OF PEOPLE!!
 

Right, shitstain???

 

ROFLMAO!!

 

 

We have been hearing doom and gloom regarding population since Malthus up through Ehrlich and apparently up to current day.

 

All have been spectacularly wrong, yet we are still supposed to believe this nonsense? Don't think so.

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malthusianism

 

"

Malthusianism

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
 

Malthusianism is the idea that population growth is potentially exponential while the growth of the food supply is arithmetical at best. It derives from the political/economic thought of the Reverend Thomas Robert Malthus, as laid out in his 1798 writings, An Essay on the Principle of Population, Malthus believed there were two types of "checks" that in all times and places kept population growth in line with the growth of the food supply: "preventive checks", such as moral restraints (abstinence, delayed marriage until finances become balanced), and restricting marriage against persons suffering poverty or perceived as defective, and "positive checks", which lead to premature death: disease, starvation, war, resulting in what is called a Malthusian catastrophe. The catastrophe would return population to a lower, more "sustainable", level.[1][2] Malthusianism has been linked to a variety of political and social movements, but almost always refers to advocates of population control.[3]

Neo-Malthusianism is the advocacy of population control programs, to ensure resources for current and future populations.[2] In Britain the term Malthusian can also refer more specifically to arguments made in favour of preventive birth control, hence organizations such as the Malthusian League.[4] Neo-Malthusians differ from Malthus's theories mainly in their enthusiasm for contraception. Malthus, a devout Christian, believed that "self-control" (abstinence) was preferable to artificial birth control. In some editions of his essay, Malthus did allow that abstinence was unlikely to be effective on a wide scale, thus advocating the use of artificial means of birth control as a solution to population "pressure".[5] Modern "neo-Malthusians" are generally more concerned than Malthus was, with environmental degradation and catastrophic famine than with poverty.

Malthusianism has attracted criticism from a diverse range of differing schools of thought, including Marxists[6] and socialists,[7]libertarians and free market enthusiasts,[8][9]social conservatives,[10]feminists[11] and human rights advocates, characterising it as excessively pessimistic, misanthropic or inhuman.[12][13][3][14] Many critics believe Malthusianism has been discredited since the publication of Principle of Population, often citing advances in agricultural techniques and modern reductions in human fertility.[15] Many modern proponents believe that the basic concept of population growth eventually outstripping resources is still fundamentally valid, and "positive checks" are still likely in humanity's future if there is no action to curb population growth.[16][17]

"

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Population_Bomb

"

The Population Bomb

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
 
The Population Bomb
The Population Bomb.jpg
Author Paul R. Ehrlich
Country United States
Language English
Subject Population
Publisher Sierra Club/Ballantine Books
Publication date
1968
Pages 201
ISBN 1-56849-587-0

The Population Bomb is a best-selling book written by Stanford University Professor Paul R. Ehrlich and his wife, Anne Ehrlich (who was uncredited), in 1968.[1][2] It warned of mass starvation of humans in the 1970s and 1980s due to overpopulation, as well as other major societal upheavals, and advocated immediate action to limit population growth. Fears of a "population explosion" were widespread in the 1950s and 1960s, but the book and its author brought the idea to an even wider audience.[3][4]

The book has been criticized since its publishing for its alarmist tone, and in recent decades for its inaccurate predictions. The Ehrlichs stand by the basic ideas in the book, stating in 2009 that "perhaps the most serious flaw in The Bomb was that it was much too optimistic about the future" and believe that it achieved their goals because "it alerted people to the importance of environmental issues and brought human numbers into the debate on the human future"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, MidnightMax said:

 

So, HOW MANY PEOPLE do you plan to KILL OFF in order to reverse this??

 

2 billion??

 

3 billion??

 

MAYBE 3.5 BILLION???

 

Come on now, YOU make a claim like this, YOU need to offer YOUR SOLUTION and from what you indicate, the ONLY one that would work is the GENOCIDE OF BILLIONS OF PEOPLE!!
 

Right, shitstain???

 

ROFLMAO!!

 

 

Can you give one that doesn't include destruction of self evident things for symbolic value?  I can by comparing ancestry with rule of 72 applied in economic rate of compounding interest.

Example, currently there are over 7 billion soles of ancestral reproduction living simultaneously here as eternally separated now.

 

That includes just conceived, born, children, adults, parents, grandparents, great grandparents, great great grandparents. It is all about choice. Will human ancestors accept now is Eternity or not because historically civilization doesn't allow it within rule of law be it contract, civil, criminal interpretation?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, superds77 said:

Why do you climate alarmists keep conflating pollution with 'climate change'?

 

The earth has been much hotter in the past, and colder, BEFORE humans and BEFORE industrialization. How do you explain that?

more bullshit .....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, merrill said:

While global warming has been a concern for many many many many many many many decades some things seem to be certain.

 

1. Never before has there been billions upon billions upon billions of humans polluting planet earth.

 

2. Never before has there been billions upon billions of gasoline burning vehicles spewing pollution into the atmosphere.

 

3. Never before has there been billions of homes demanding energy from polluting sources.

 

4. Never before has there been billions of buildings demanding energy from polluting sources.

 

5. Never before has there been billions of polluting energy generating sources.

 

6. Never before has there been billions upon billions upon billions upon billions upon billions of humans supporting the clearing of the rainforest for food products not knowing the long term impact of removing massive numbers of trees and medicinal plants.

 

7. Never before has planet earth been expected to absorb tons and tons and tons and tons of pollution with human beings having no idea what the impact might be.

 

8. Never before has there been billions upon billions upon billions upon billions upon billions upon billions upon billions of human beings believing THEIR pollution is having zero impact ....... can we say ignorance is bliss.

 

9. Never before has there been billions upon billions upon billions upon billions upon billions of humans applying millions of gallons and or pounds of toxic chemicals to the landscapes.

 

10. Air and water pollution are man made driven by ignorance that nature is invincible. All of us have been ignorant of this until some decided to learn that there may be a connection to human lifestyles.

 

Perhaps it might be time to engage lifestyle choices that are far less polluting for the next 100 years just in case there is a reason to do so. Until we humans do such how will we ever know?

bump ......

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The best way for us to reduce pollution is to reduce energy use at every opportunity which is something that does not require new technology yet saves all of us money,money,money and more money.

 

Union of Concerned Scientists/Global Warming Contrarians

 

    * Debunking Misinformation About Stolen Climate Emails in the "Climategate" Manfuactured Controversy

    * New Book "SuperFreakonomics" Mischaracterizes Climate Science

    * Global Warming Skeptic Organizations

    * Crichton Thriller State of Fear

·      UCS Examines 'The Skeptical Environmentalist'

http://www.ucsusa.org/global_warming/science_and_impacts/global_warming_contrarians/

 

OUR ANALYSIS

 

    * ExxonMobil Report: Smoke Mirrors & Hot Air

http://www.ucsusa.org/global_warming/science_and_impacts/global_warming_contrarians/

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, merrill said:

Koch Outspends Exxon-Mobil on Climate Denial

 

The Wonk Room has long detailed the role of the billionaire brothers of Koch Industries, Charles and David Koch.

 

Their pollution-based fortunes have fueled a network of right-wing ideologues.

 

In public, the Kochs like to burnish their reputations by buying museum and opera halls. In private, however, they’ve outspent Exxon Mobil to fund organizations of the climate denial machine.

 

Although Koch people intentionally stay out of the public eye, it is now playing a quiet but dominant role in a high-profile national policy debate on global warming.

 

Koch Industries has become a financial kingpin of climate science denial

and clean energy opposition.

 

This private, out-of-sight corporation is now a partner to Exxon Mobil, the American Petroleum Institute and other donors that support organizations and front-groups opposing progressive clean energy and climate policy.

 

In fact, Koch has out-spent Exxon Mobil in funding these groups in recent years. From 2005 to 2008, Exxon Mobil spent $8.9 million while the Koch Industries-controlled foundations contributed $24.9 million in funding to organizations of the climate denial machine.

 

This report, “Koch Industries: Secretly Funding the Climate Denial Machine” documents roughly 40 climate denial and opposition organizations receiving Koch foundation grants in recent years, including:

 

http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2010/03/30/174616/koch-denial-machine/

 

Perhaps it might be time to engage in lifestyle choices that are far less polluting for the next  100 years just in case there is a reason to do so. Until we humans do such how will we ever know?

 

GolfBoy makes up shit such that the Koch's do such as "BTW, wasn't 2017 the year we were told there would be no more ice in the Arctic Ocean?"  

 

NO!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, merrill said:

 

GolfBoy makes up shit such that the Koch's do such as "BTW, wasn't 2017 the year we were told there would be no more ice in the Arctic Ocean?"  

 

NO!

 

Poor Richard, too ignorant to debate, but too much of a DICK to shut up. 

 

Here's another prediction... NY was suppose to be underwater, and all the windows on the high rises taped up due to high winds:

 

ID_salon-down-646x1024.gif

 

 

Not a SINGLE Goebbel Warming prediction has come true.   Not one. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, honcho said:

Global warming or whatever they call it now, is a way to take control of your life(socialism/markism/communism) To have control of you is the main point of all of this bullshit. In the 70's it was the ice age:D

 

So you don't believe in science.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fuck yea I do, show me the proof we, as humans on this earth, are making the temps go up. If we can control the earth's temps, I want to have it 80 degrees here every day. It's about control of your life is all it is, just like government run health care, control of your life. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, untitled said:

 

So you don't believe in science.

On the contrary.  I absolutely believe in science, and the science says that Goebbel Warmers are liars. 

Virtually ALL the warming that has occurred, has been due to "adjustments" in data.   The REAL data, shows no warming. 

This is why EVERY prediction you idiots have made, have failed.   EVERY>SINGLE>ONE

 

 

 

Screenshot-2016-01-02-at-01.07.45-PM.png2007-12-09CO23.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...