GOP taxes college students

In addition to campus employees, many doctoral students would see huge tax increases, since the tuition that universities waive for them in exchange for working on campus as researchers and teaching assistants would be deemed taxable income.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/15/us/politics/house-tax-bill-higher-education-increases-tuition.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=b-lede-package-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, untitled said:

In addition to campus employees, many doctoral students would see huge tax increases, since the tuition that universities waive for them in exchange for working on campus as researchers and teaching assistants would be deemed taxable income.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/15/us/politics/house-tax-bill-higher-education-increases-tuition.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=b-lede-package-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news

How the fuck do they get away with this shit.  For gawd's sake, they don't even tax health insurance from employers (yes, they should).

1 minute ago, Scout said:

How the fuck do they get away with this shit.  For gawd's sake, they don't even tax health insurance from employers (yes, they should).

Apparently learning to be a physicist is self indulgement and a detriment to our nation.

Just now, untitled said:

Apparently learning to be a physicist is self indulgement and a detriment to our nation.

Trump is really fucking the country over.  Bend over, America, and assume the position for the Predator in Chief. 

41 minutes ago, untitled said:

I love when liberals whine about paying taxes. 

Just an FYI, when you receive something of value, it's income. 

Everyone should pay their fair share. 

3 minutes ago, Golfboy said:

I love when liberals whine about paying taxes. 

Just an FYI, when you receive something of value, it's income. 

Everyone should pay their fair share. 

Just shut the fuck up

1 minute ago, untitled said:

How is someone learning to be a physicist a sponge? He or she is not cheating you of anything.

If you aren't paying your fair share, you're a sponge. 

And yes, if they aren't contributing to running this country and I'm expected to make up the difference, they are cheating me.

Just now, Golfboy said:

If you aren't paying your fair share, you're a sponge. 

And yes, if they aren't contributing to running this country and I'm expected to make up the difference, they are cheating me.

Why tax a graduate student who is teaching undergraduates?

3 minutes ago, untitled said:

Why tax a graduate student who is teaching undergraduates?

Because they are working, and being compensated. 

Why should they be exempt from being taxed, like everyone else?

Get the fuck out of the wagon, and start pushing.  Fucking liberals.