Another angry white dude with guns...Kills 4

Middl3

Suspected shooter in Northern California rampage was known to police

171115-kevin-neal-mc-1348_a40aa42e64aa7d

Police in Northern California say the gunman in a deadly shooting rampage was feuding with his neighbors. They were his first victims. He targeted seven locations in the rural community of Rancho Tehama, including an elementary school that went on lockdown before he came in. 

Four people were killed in the assault that lasted 45 minutes and 10 more were injured, including at least one young student. Police killed the suspected shooter, Kevin Janson Neal.

They say he chose random targets and stole two vehicles during the rampage. Officers recovered one semi- automatic rifle and two handguns. One of the stolen vehicles, a white truck with bullet holes in the windshield, was removed from the area Tuesday night, reports CBS News correspondent Jamie Yuccas. 

Neal was known to authorities and had at least one prior arrest. His neighbors had complained he had fired multiple rounds for days before this rampage that ended up at this elementary school.

Armed with at least three guns and a ballistic vest, the shooter began his rampage just before 8:00 a.m., killing two of his neighbors. He then stole their truck, and began driving toward a nearby elementary school – shooting randomly at people along the way.

Sarah Gonzales had just dropped off her daughter, when the gunman blocked her car.

"He pretty much stopped me and shot at me three times through his windshield," Gonzales said.

When he stopped firing, she says he continued toward the school. School officials heard gunshots and made a critical decision to lock it down.

"The quick action of those school officials. There is no doubt in my mind, saved countless lives," said Tehama County Assistant Sheriff Phil Johnston.

The gunman tried to enter the school, but couldn't get in. He fired about 30 rounds in six minutes before he took off.

"He did shoot at a number of classrooms which resulted in the injury of at least one or two students that I'm aware of," the sheriff said. 

A short time later, a patrol car rammed the suspect's vehicle. Officers then opened fire and killed him.

"He's a bad guy and I'm not going to glorify him in any manner whatsoever. He attacked my school," Johnston said.  

Officials are still trying to learn about the shooter's past, including an alleged assault earlier this year against one of the neighbors he killed Tuesday. The motive for the shooting is still unclear.    

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/tehama-county-shooter-suspect-details-kevin-neal/

California shooter's sister demands tougher firearm laws, better mental health care: 'He had zero business with guns'

The whirlwind of emotions — both the good and the bad — were often too much for Kevin Neal and his family as they watched his mental health deteriorate from afar.

Neal, the suspected shooter behind a rolling rampage in northern California, confided in his mother daily, according to his sister. The phone calls were exhausting and often detailed his precarious welfare and the growing suspicion that his neighbors were running a methamphetamine lab.

“He would get wound up and I think she spent a lot of time calming him down,” Neal’s older sister, Sheridan Orr, told the Daily News. "He would be irrational, irate and uncontrollable, and scream and yell. It was difficult to manage him. I don’t know how she put up with it."

The phone calls took a toll on their mother, Anne, who always listened, often helplessly. She was hopeful her son could find the help he desperately needed.

His last phone call came Monday and expressed defeat against the people who also called Tehama County home.

“It’s all over now,” she recalled him saying, during an earlier interview with The Associated Press. “I have done everything I could do and I am fighting against everyone who lives in this area.”

Orr said her mother believed his struggles with the rural community but she was not sold.

“As he got older, it got harder to know what was real and what was in his mind,” she said.

Her 43-year-old brother left their home of Raleigh, N.C., in 2010 to be closer to the nature he loved in the woodlands of Tehama County — and to take control of his mounting paranoia.

“I feel like he was trying to run the demons out of him,” she said. “At the end of the day, they were still there and he never learned how to control them.”

When Orr, 46, first learned of her brother’s possible involvement with a quadruple slaying in Rancho Tehama Reserve, she and her mother thought Neal was one of the shooting victims.

She was shocked to learn authorities believed Neal had killed the two neighbors who inspired his domestic ire.

Neal shot his victims at random during a 45-minute crime spree that spanned seven locations, including an elementary school that locked down and thwarted a deadlier outcome for the frightened children inside.

The gunman was later shot and killed in a police shootout.

Orr and her mother pored over news reports of the shootings Tuesday and came to grips with the nightmare Neal may have caused. Nearly a dozen injuries and deaths of four innocent people at the hands of her brother has given Orr a new calling.

“If he couldn’t get the health care he needed, he had zero business with guns,” Orr said.

Orr called for better mental care and tougher gun restrictions to prevent another shooting like the one her brother was accused of unleashing hours earlier.

She was still reeling from the mass shooting that struck the deeply religious community of Sutherland Springs nine days before, and deeply angered at Devin Kelley’s ease of obtaining the high-powered rifle he used to slaughter 26 churchgoers.

“He did not need to have a gun,” she said of the discharged airman’s history of mental health problems.

And neither did Aurora, Colo., movie theater shooter James Holmes and Sandy Hook killer Adam Lanza, she said.

“When do we as a country recognize a pattern and do something?” Orr demanded.

Orr could never have predicted her brother would soon become another name on the rapidly expanding list of U.S. mass shooters.

Orr pointed out that her last tweet on Nov. 5 called for stricter gun control after the massive attack near San Antonio: "Today, I'm sending love to #Texas. Tomorrow, my fight for #guncontrol commences. I won't watch another child killed without taking a stand.”

“I had no idea that tweet would foreshadow where we sit today,” Orr said.

“I don’t think I can rest until we try to do something about it.”  

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/sister-calif-shooter-zero-business-guns-article-1.3634199

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Middl3 said:

Suspected shooter in Northern California rampage was known to police

171115-kevin-neal-mc-1348_a40aa42e64aa7d

Police in Northern California say the gunman in a deadly shooting rampage was feuding with his neighbors. They were his first victims. He targeted seven locations in the rural community of Rancho Tehama, including an elementary school that went on lockdown before he came in. 

Four people were killed in the assault that lasted 45 minutes and 10 more were injured, including at least one young student. Police killed the suspected shooter, Kevin Janson Neal.

They say he chose random targets and stole two vehicles during the rampage. Officers recovered one semi- automatic rifle and two handguns. One of the stolen vehicles, a white truck with bullet holes in the windshield, was removed from the area Tuesday night, reports CBS News correspondent Jamie Yuccas. 

Neal was known to authorities and had at least one prior arrest. His neighbors had complained he had fired multiple rounds for days before this rampage that ended up at this elementary school.

Armed with at least three guns and a ballistic vest, the shooter began his rampage just before 8:00 a.m., killing two of his neighbors. He then stole their truck, and began driving toward a nearby elementary school – shooting randomly at people along the way.

Sarah Gonzales had just dropped off her daughter, when the gunman blocked her car.

"He pretty much stopped me and shot at me three times through his windshield," Gonzales said.

When he stopped firing, she says he continued toward the school. School officials heard gunshots and made a critical decision to lock it down.

"The quick action of those school officials. There is no doubt in my mind, saved countless lives," said Tehama County Assistant Sheriff Phil Johnston.

The gunman tried to enter the school, but couldn't get in. He fired about 30 rounds in six minutes before he took off.

"He did shoot at a number of classrooms which resulted in the injury of at least one or two students that I'm aware of," the sheriff said. 

A short time later, a patrol car rammed the suspect's vehicle. Officers then opened fire and killed him.

"He's a bad guy and I'm not going to glorify him in any manner whatsoever. He attacked my school," Johnston said.  

Officials are still trying to learn about the shooter's past, including an alleged assault earlier this year against one of the neighbors he killed Tuesday. The motive for the shooting is still unclear.    

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/tehama-county-shooter-suspect-details-kevin-neal/

California shooter's sister demands tougher firearm laws, better mental health care: 'He had zero business with guns'

The whirlwind of emotions — both the good and the bad — were often too much for Kevin Neal and his family as they watched his mental health deteriorate from afar.

Neal, the suspected shooter behind a rolling rampage in northern California, confided in his mother daily, according to his sister. The phone calls were exhausting and often detailed his precarious welfare and the growing suspicion that his neighbors were running a methamphetamine lab.

“He would get wound up and I think she spent a lot of time calming him down,” Neal’s older sister, Sheridan Orr, told the Daily News. "He would be irrational, irate and uncontrollable, and scream and yell. It was difficult to manage him. I don’t know how she put up with it."

The phone calls took a toll on their mother, Anne, who always listened, often helplessly. She was hopeful her son could find the help he desperately needed.

His last phone call came Monday and expressed defeat against the people who also called Tehama County home.

“It’s all over now,” she recalled him saying, during an earlier interview with The Associated Press. “I have done everything I could do and I am fighting against everyone who lives in this area.”

Orr said her mother believed his struggles with the rural community but she was not sold.

“As he got older, it got harder to know what was real and what was in his mind,” she said.

Her 43-year-old brother left their home of Raleigh, N.C., in 2010 to be closer to the nature he loved in the woodlands of Tehama County — and to take control of his mounting paranoia.

“I feel like he was trying to run the demons out of him,” she said. “At the end of the day, they were still there and he never learned how to control them.”

When Orr, 46, first learned of her brother’s possible involvement with a quadruple slaying in Rancho Tehama Reserve, she and her mother thought Neal was one of the shooting victims.

She was shocked to learn authorities believed Neal had killed the two neighbors who inspired his domestic ire.

Neal shot his victims at random during a 45-minute crime spree that spanned seven locations, including an elementary school that locked down and thwarted a deadlier outcome for the frightened children inside.

The gunman was later shot and killed in a police shootout.

Orr and her mother pored over news reports of the shootings Tuesday and came to grips with the nightmare Neal may have caused. Nearly a dozen injuries and deaths of four innocent people at the hands of her brother has given Orr a new calling.

“If he couldn’t get the health care he needed, he had zero business with guns,” Orr said.

Orr called for better mental care and tougher gun restrictions to prevent another shooting like the one her brother was accused of unleashing hours earlier.

She was still reeling from the mass shooting that struck the deeply religious community of Sutherland Springs nine days before, and deeply angered at Devin Kelley’s ease of obtaining the high-powered rifle he used to slaughter 26 churchgoers.

“He did not need to have a gun,” she said of the discharged airman’s history of mental health problems.

And neither did Aurora, Colo., movie theater shooter James Holmes and Sandy Hook killer Adam Lanza, she said.

“When do we as a country recognize a pattern and do something?” Orr demanded.

Orr could never have predicted her brother would soon become another name on the rapidly expanding list of U.S. mass shooters.

Orr pointed out that her last tweet on Nov. 5 called for stricter gun control after the massive attack near San Antonio: "Today, I'm sending love to #Texas. Tomorrow, my fight for #guncontrol commences. I won't watch another child killed without taking a stand.”

“I had no idea that tweet would foreshadow where we sit today,” Orr said.

“I don’t think I can rest until we try to do something about it.”  

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/sister-calif-shooter-zero-business-guns-article-1.3634199

And a registered republican

1 minute ago, justrying said:

True but I simply needed to point that out

;)

I do have to admit it has all been set up by the media..all media, as to what the killers are tied to, be it race, party or religion. You are not alone in sighing a breath of relief he was as expected.

3 minutes ago, MidnightMax said:

This is like beating up 2 year olds.

You absolutely can PROVE your statement, right???

We need more guns. Our current estimated number of 345 or so million is not enough. I am glad you agree...shitstain