Special counsel needed as questions mount on Clinton

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/11/13/reps-jordan-and-gaetz-special-counsel-needed-as-questions-mount-on-clinton-comey-russian-dossier-and-more.html

Reps. Jordan and Gaetz: Special counsel needed as questions mount on Clinton, Comey, Russian Dossier and more

Mr. Attorney General, it’s time to do your job.

Why in 2016 did FBI Director James Comey call the Clinton Investigation a “matter,” not an investigation? After all, Mr. Comey wasn’t Director of the Federal Bureau of Matters.

Why in 2016 did FBI Director Comey begin drafting an exoneration letter for Secretary Clinton, whom he called “grossly negligent” in an early draft of the letter, before completing the investigation?  Before interviewing several witnesses? And before interviewing Secretary Clinton?

Why in 2016 did James Comey and the Justice Department give Cheryl Mills, Secretary Clinton’s Chief of Staff, an immunity agreement for turning over her laptop computer? Typically, the Department would issue a subpoena or get a warrant and seize it. Why in this case did the FBI agree to destroy the laptop?

Why in 2016—one day before the Benghazi report was released and five days before Secretary Clinton was interviewed by the FBI—did Attorney General Lynch meet with former President Clinton on the tarmac in Phoenix?

Why in the days following the meeting, and when emailing with the public relations staff at the Justice Department, did Loretta Lynch use the pseudonym “Elizabeth Carlisle?” If your conversation with the former President was only about golf and grandchildren, then why not use your real name?

Why was the decision on whether to charge Secretary Clinton made by FBI Director Comey and not the Attorney General?

Why did James Comey publicize the Clinton Investigation?

Why in 2016 did the FBI pay for the Russian Dossier? It’s been reported that in addition to the Clinton Campaign and the Democratic National Committee paying FusionGPS for the dossier, the FBI also “reimbursed” Christopher Steele, author of the dossier.

Why was FusionGPS co-founder Glenn Simpson meeting with Russian lawyer Natalia Veselnitskaya both before and after her meeting with Donald Trump, Jr.? 

Why is the FBI so reluctant to tell Congress and the American people if the dossier was the basis for a FISA court order permitting the government to spy on Americans associated with President Trump’s campaign? If the dossier was a legitimate intelligence document relied on by the court, then why not just tell the country?

Why on January 6, 2017 did James Comey brief President-Elect Trump on the dossier? Again, if the dossier was a legitimate intelligence document, then why wait two months after the election to inform the President-Elect?

Why did the Obama Administration leak to CNN that Mr. Comey had briefed President-Elect Trump on the dossier? Several media outlets had the dossier prior to the briefing, yet no one would print it because most of the document could not be substantiated. In his Congressional testimony, Mr. Comey himself called the dossier “salacious and unverified.” As pointed out in The Federalist, did the fact that the FBI Director had briefed the President-Elect on the dossier give it the “legitimacy” the press needed to go ahead and print something they knew was not accurate?

Why did the intelligence community in the final months of the Obama Administration unmask names at a record rate? 

Why, after Mr. Comey was fired on May 9, 2017, was it so critical for a Special Counsel be named to examine possible Trump/Russia collusion? So critical that James Comey leaked a government document about his conversations with President Trump through a friend to the New York Times.

Why is the Special Counsel Robert Mueller? According to The Hill and Circa News, in 2009 and 2010, the FBI through an informant learned Russian companies seeking to do business in the United States were involved in kickbacks and bribes. Yet, FBI Director Robert Mueller did not inform Congress and did not inform the Committee of Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS), the entity responsible for the decision on whether to approve the Uranium One deal.

Why did Robert Mueller not inform CFIUS? And why did the Justice Department put a gag order on the informant?

Finally, why won’t Attorney General Jeff Sessions—the person with the visibility and responsibility to answer these questions—do his job?

On July 27, 2017, twenty House Republican members of the Judiciary Committee sent a letter to the Attorney General calling for a Special Counsel to get answers to the above questions.

On September 28, 2017, five House Republican members of the Judiciary committee met with the Attorney General and Justice Department staff to inquire about the July letter. 

The Justice Department’s response? Silence.

It’s time for Jeff Sessions to name a Special Counsel and get answers for the American people. If not, he should step down.

The bolded question is the reason why Sessions won't appoint a Special Council for this.

Because he's corrupt, too.

After all ..

Why hasn't Sessions' DOJ charged Comey with lying under oath?   He demonstrably did it several times.

Why hasn't Sessions' DOJ charged Comey with mishandling classified material?  He demonstrably did it.

And I could go on and on.

And now the biggest question of all ...

Why hasn't Trump fired Sessions already and replaced him with someone like Rudy Giuliani?

This is the question that all of us ... even Trump's most fervent supporters ... are eventually going to have to ask.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, BeAChooser said:

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/11/13/reps-jordan-and-gaetz-special-counsel-needed-as-questions-mount-on-clinton-comey-russian-dossier-and-more.html

The bolded question is the reason why Sessions won't appoint a Special Council for this.

After all ..

Why hasn't Sessions' DOJ charged Comey with lying under oath?   He demonstrably did it several times.

Why hasn't Sessions' DOJ charged Comey with mishandling classified material?  He demonstrably did it.

Why hasn't Trump fired Sessions already and replaced him with someone like Rudy Giuliani?

This is the question that all of us ... even Trump's most fervent supporters ... are eventually going to have to ask.

Brahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha 

5 years since Benghazi and you righties still can't get her

How's that hard-on for her working out for you?

As usual you post a FOX Far Right Wingie Opinion.

Opinions are like assholes everyone has one.

What you really need are facts.

Issa couldn't find any,

Howdie Doodie couldn't find any.

As per normal for you, you have egg on your face, again

2 hours ago, BeAChooser said:

Notice, folks, that neither of these ^^^^ jokers actually addresses the content of the OP or my comments.   That says it all.

Wasn't your fkin opinion,

Some retarded Wingie's opinion.

Can't you tell the difference?

52 minutes ago, Hex2 said:

Wasn't your fkin opinion,

Some retarded Wingie's opinion.

Can't you tell the difference?

Notice, folks, that this ^^^^ joker still won't address the content of the OP or my comments about it.   That says it all.

6 hours ago, Hex2 said:

As usual you post a FOX Far Right Wingie Opinion.

Opinions are like assholes everyone has one.

What you really need are facts.

Issa couldn't find any,

Howdie Doodie couldn't find any.

As per normal for you, you have egg on your face, again

Opinion? It ought to be easy to counter with an opinion of your own then. At the very least, you could answer the questions in the OP. But I don't think you've got an answer for them.

I think there is a misconseption with clinton.   

It appears that conservatives think dems or independants are overly concerned with Hillary;  And i dont find that to be the case. In most instances, if a dem or independant is discussing hillary or the clintons, its typically derived from a conservative talking point.

reality is, the dems and indy i know are long over clinton.  They moved on after the election.  Its conservatives who give the clintons free room and board in their head.

my point is, if conservatives want to investigate hillary or the clintons... i dont think youre going to get this feverish revolt or backlash, because i honestly dont think people care.  And if its strictly justice... Than do it up - Investigate away.  

But this doesnt seem to be the same narrative from conservatives on trump.   Many want the russia probe/investigation to go away.

If you really care about justice.... just investigate everyone and may the chips lay where the may.

47 minutes ago, jrock2310 said:

It appears that conservatives think dems or independants are overly concerned with Hillary

I'm certainly not suggesting that dems (or even independents) think about the Clintons every day.  

But then they don't think very much about anything, if truth be told.

47 minutes ago, jrock2310 said:

my point is, if conservatives want to investigate hillary or the clintons... i dont think youre going to get this feverish revolt or backlash, because i honestly dont think people care. 

Recent history suggest that's not true.  

The moment the spector of the Clintons being investigated for anything is raised, a thousand voices join from the left to try and stop it.

Indeed, the whole apparatus is mobilized to prevent it.

From the FBI to the DOJ to Congress to the President to the MSM.

Just try to get the pictures of Foster's head wound released, jrock2310.

You'll see what I mean.

5 hours ago, BeAChooser said:

Notice, folks, that neither of these ^^^^ jokers actually addresses the content of the OP or my comments.   That says it all.

Yes I did. I said you still have a hard-on and wet dreams about the loser Hillary, 5 years after Benghazi and 1 year after her loss to tweetie.

...and you righties still can't get her.

How's your wet sheets?

Heh, heh, heh!!!!!

7 hours ago, BeAChooser said:

After all ..

Sessions better hurry. His indictment from Mueller could come any day now.

18 minutes ago, justrying said:

Yes I did. I said you still have a hard-on and wet dreams about the loser Hillary, 5 years after Benghazi and 1 year after her loss to tweetie.

...and you righties still can't get her.

How's your wet sheets?

Heh, heh, heh!!!!!

Notice, folks, that this ^^^^^^ bozo still hasn't addressed the content of the OP or my comments.   That says it all.

4 minutes ago, BeAChooser said:

Notice, folks, that this ^^^^^^ bozo still hasn't addressed the content of the OP or my comments.   That says it all.

Notice folks, this righty still has a hard on and has daily wet dreams about the loser Hillary

Heh, heh, heh!!!

8 minutes ago, justrying said:

Notice folks, this righty still has a hard on and has daily wet dreams about the loser Hillary

Heh, heh, heh!!!

You only prove my point.   Heh, heh, heh!!!

Even you are stepping in to defend the Clintons.

2 minutes ago, BeAChooser said:

You only prove my point.   Heh, heh, heh!!!

Even you are stepping in to defend the Clintons.

Yep, thats why I call her a loser.

Now that makes sense

Why do you have a poster of Hillary on your bedroom ceiling with stain marks on it?

Heh, heh, heh!!

8 hours ago, BeAChooser said:

After all ..

Hmm, seems a one page letter to Sessons would answer the questions and save us a million or so.

8 hours ago, BeAChooser said:

After all ..

Poor Chooser

1 hour ago, BeAChooser said:

I'm certainly not suggesting that dems (or even independents) think about the Clintons every day.  

But then they don't think very much about anything, if truth be told.

Recent history suggest that's not true.  

The moment the spector of the Clintons being investigated for anything is raised, a thousand voices join from the left to try and stop it.

Indeed, the whole apparatus is mobilized to prevent it.

From the FBI to the DOJ to Congress to the President to the MSM.

Just try to get the pictures of Foster's head wound released, jrock2310.

You'll see what I mean.

Again, this thread is a perfect example.  I would be willing to wager most of these ‘Clinton’ threads are started by conservatives in efforts to either deflect or create ‘whataboutisms’ when most dems i know dont really care about the clintons.  

I wouldn’t categorize dems/indies as obsessive simply by retorting to a post concerning clinton.  I think that would largely fall on the OP.   We’re just rolling with the theme of the post.

At this point, its sort of tit for tat.... I think most are happy to have a full on entrenched investigation on hillary dating back as far as you want, if its going to satisfy a sect of this country.

But I really dont know if anyone cares outside of conservatives at this point.  I think the evidence for that would be apparent on this board.  

Of course we can probably find the one or two buried somewhere on the pages of the board... but a majority of ‘clinton’ dialect is clearly from conservatives trying to muck the water.

all im trying to convey is i dont think most non-conservatives care too deeply either way about the clintons.

Sessions considering second special counsel to investigate Clinton

Attorney General Jeff Sessions is entertaining the idea of appointing a second special counsel to investigate a host of Republican concerns — including alleged wrongdoing by the Clinton Foundation and the controversial sale of a uranium company to Russia — and has directed senior federal prosecutors to explore at least some of the matters and report back to him and his top deputy, according to a letter obtained by The Washington Post.

The revelation came in a response from the Justice Department to an inquiry from House Judiciary Committee Chairman Robert W. Goodlatte (R-Va.), who in July and again in September called for Sessions to appoint a second special counsel to investigate concerns he had related to the 2016 election and its aftermath.

The list of matters he wanted probed was wide ranging, but included the FBI’s handling of the investigation into Hillary Clinton’s use of a private email server while she was secretary of state, various dealings of the Clinton Foundation and several matters connected to the purchase of the Canadian mining company Uranium One by Russia’s nuclear energy agency. Goodlatte took particular aim at former FBI director James B. Comey, asking for a second special counsel to evaluate the leaks he directed about his conversations with President Trump, among other things.

In response, Assistant Attorney General Stephen E. Boyd wrote that Sessions had “directed senior federal prosecutors to evaluate certain issues raised in your letters,” and those prosecutors would “report directly to the Attorney General and Deputy Attorney General, as appropriate, and will make recommendations as to whether any matters not currently under investigation should be opened, whether any matters currently under investigation require further resources, or whether any matters merit the appointment of a Special Counsel.”

1 hour ago, justrying said:

Yep, thats why I call her a loser.

You're not saying anything everyone doesn't already knows.  Despite calling her a loser, what you are trying to do is discourage an investigation.   Because you and I both know that an investigation that proved the she did commit all manner of crimes would be very detrimental to the DemocRATic party and leftist MSM ... who both went all in to support her in 2016.

Just now, BeAChooser said:

You're not saying anything everyone doesn't already knows.  Despite calling her a loser, what you are trying to do is discourage an investigation.   Because you and I both know that an investigation that proved the she did commit all manner of crimes would be very detrimental to the DemocRATic party and leftist MSM ... who both went all in to support her in 2016.

Go ahead. Investigate her

Stroke that hard-on you have for her

Wack off to that poster you have of her over your bed

Shes punking you

Heh, heh, heh!!!

5 years and you stroke it every night

Heh, heh, heh!!!

1 hour ago, jrock2310 said:

At this point, its sort of tit for tat

False.  There is nothing alleged to have been done by Trump, or Moore and any Republican that comes even remotely close to what the Clintons demonstrably did.  We're talking out right treason, bribery, blackmail, invasion of privacy, perjury, abuse of the IRS and FBI, harming national security, and even (at the very least) covering up murder and possibly mass murder.   And I could go on and on.   You see, once again you are spinning for the Clintons even though you claimed not to care.   In fact, your presence on this thread at all proves that you do care.  YOU LIED.  

3 minutes ago, justrying said:

Go ahead. Investigate her

Stroke that hard-on you have for her

Wack off to that poster you have of her over your bed

Shes punking you

Heh, heh, heh!!!

5 years and you stroke it every night

Heh, heh, heh!!!

There you go ... working hard to defend her.   If you really didn't care, like you said, you would have just ignored this thread.   But the truth is YOU LIED about that, snowflake.