Jump to content

We're paying tens of Billions for Houston again


Recommended Posts

When does it stop?

 

The number of “heavy precipitation” events in the United States has skyrocketed since the 1960s. Since 1980, instances of extreme weather — hurricanes, floods, heat waves — linked to climate change have cost the United States $1.1 trillion. Studies show that for every dollar spent upfront in preparedness, American taxpayers could save $4 in emergency relief and reconstruction — not counting health costs, the impact of lost jobs and business revenues and incalculable grief.

 

But that requires politicians to agree.

 

“We suffered nothing short of a catastrophic disaster,” a veteran Texas lobbyist, Bill Miller, said. “It happens at a time when the people in the governing class in this state don’t believe in taxes and government.

 

The hypocrisy of Senator Ted Cruz, Republican of Texas, resisting federal aid to the New York region after Hurricane Sandy but then requesting it for Texas after Harvey, is in fact part of this same history.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, benson13 said:

When does it stop?

 

The number of “heavy precipitation” events in the United States has skyrocketed since the 1960s. Since 1980, instances of extreme weather — hurricanes, floods, heat waves — linked to climate change have cost the United States $1.1 trillion. Studies show that for every dollar spent upfront in preparedness, American taxpayers could save $4 in emergency relief and reconstruction — not counting health costs, the impact of lost jobs and business revenues and incalculable grief.

 

But that requires politicians to agree.

 

“We suffered nothing short of a catastrophic disaster,” a veteran Texas lobbyist, Bill Miller, said. “It happens at a time when the people in the governing class in this state don’t believe in taxes and government.

 

The hypocrisy of Senator Ted Cruz, Republican of Texas, resisting federal aid to the New York region after Hurricane Sandy but then requesting it for Texas after Harvey, is in fact part of this same history.

Texas an anti socialism righty wackos state sure does love big government socialist dollars helping them out

 

Heh, heh, heh!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So, shitstain, you INSIST on making ANOTHER FALSE CLAIM!!!

 

OR as we call it in my part of the country YOU ARE A FUCKING LIAR!!!

 

THE NOAA has said, without any question or doubt, that "weather extremes have NOT HAPPENED and there is NO LINK TO CLIMATE CHANGE IN ANY OF THE RECENT WEATHER EVENTS".

 

Now, that must really SUCK FOR YOU, so you really NEED TO GET ON THE SIDE OF SCIENCE instead of letting your stupidity showing DAILY!!

 

NOW, the REASON it is so expensive has NOTHING to do with the WEATHER, but EVERYTHING TO DO WITH THE AMOUNT OF REAL ESTATE BUILT IN HARSH WEATHER PRONE AREAS AND MORE EXPENSIVE DEVELOPMENT THAN IN DECADES PAST!!!

 

ONLY A DUMB FUCKING DHUMOCRAP WOULD LIVE ON THE INTRACOASTAL WATERWAY, 1 FT ABOVE SEA LEVEL AND THINK THAT THERE IS NO DANGER TO BEING SWEPT AWAY BY A HURRICANE OR EVEN TROPICAL STORM!!!

 

RIGHT shitstain???

 


 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MidnightMax said:

So, shitstain, you INSIST on making ANOTHER FALSE CLAIM!!!

 

OR as we call it in my part of the country YOU ARE A FUCKING LIAR!!!

 

THE NOAA has said, without any question or doubt, that "weather extremes have NOT HAPPENED and there is NO LINK TO CLIMATE CHANGE IN ANY OF THE RECENT WEATHER EVENTS".

 

Now, that must really SUCK FOR YOU, so you really NEED TO GET ON THE SIDE OF SCIENCE instead of letting your stupidity showing DAILY!!

 

NOW, the REASON it is so expensive has NOTHING to do with the WEATHER, but EVERYTHING TO DO WITH THE AMOUNT OF REAL ESTATE BUILT IN HARSH WEATHER PRONE AREAS AND MORE EXPENSIVE DEVELOPMENT THAN IN DECADES PAST!!!

 

ONLY A DUMB FUCKING DHUMOCRAP WOULD LIVE ON THE INTRACOASTAL WATERWAY, 1 FT ABOVE SEA LEVEL AND THINK THAT THERE IS NO DANGER TO BEING SWEPT AWAY BY A HURRICANE OR EVEN TROPICAL STORM!!!

 

RIGHT shitstain???

 


 

 

 

 

Ireland got hit by a hurricane last October. Ireland is on the other side of the atlantic, next to England max.

nothing weird about the weather or max.LOL

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, harryramar said:

Ireland got hit by a hurricane last October. Ireland is on the other side of the atlantic, next to England max.

nothing weird about the weather or max.LOL


For someone that claims to be "soooooo fucking smart", you are really ONE MANIPULATED GODDAMN DUMBASS SHITSTAIN!!!
 

Quote


Hurricane Debbie is the most powerful cyclone on record to strike Ireland in September, and possibly the only tropical cyclone on record to ever strike Britain and Ireland while still tropical. The fourth named storm of the 1961 Atlantic hurricane season, Debbie originated from a well-defined tropical disturbance that was first identified in late August over Central Africa. Tracking generally westward, the system moved off the coast of Senegal on September 5 into the Atlantic Ocean. By this time, it was estimated to have become a tropical storm, but forecasters did not issue advisories on the system until two days later. Late on September 6, Debbie passed through the southern Cape Verde Islands as a strong tropical storm or minimal hurricane, resulting in a plane crash that killed 60 people in the islands. Once clear of the islands, data on the storm became sparse, and the status of Debbie was uncertain over the following several days as it tracked west-northwestward and later northward. It was not until a commercial airliner intercepted the storm on September 10 that its location became certain. The following day, Debbie intensified and reached its peak intensity as a Category 3 hurricane on the Saffir–Simpson hurricane scale, with maximum winds of 120 mph (195 km/h).

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, benson13 said:

Let me guess....you're a complete Moron

 

 

facts-a-climate-change-deniers-worst-enemy-deniers-articles-politics-1425955583.jpg

 

 

Clinton-Benghazi-G1-620x362.jpeg

"The number of articles written about something is no proof of fact you stupid moron."

 

 

giphy.gif

"Hey, bitch, I'm a desperate shill ... DAMMIT !!!"

 

 

 

 

kj

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...