Pharma and the opioid crisis

"In early November, President Donald Trump declared a national emergency against opioid abuse. “The opioid is a tremendous emergency,” he said in his characteristic style. The declaration of an emergency means that state funds should go post-haste to help stem the crisis. It is not clear, however, if this will be enough. There are indeed severe problems of inadequate funding for the treatment of addiction, and funds will be welcome. But the problem also exists at the other end—the production of the addicts. This would require a full-scale assault on the pharmaceutical industry.

Whether Trump will have the stomach to take on this powerful industry is to be seen."https://www.counterpunch.org/2017/11/10/big-pharmas-pushers-the-roots-of-the-opioid-crisis/

Where did all these addicts come from? They were prescribed opioids by their doctors who are the tools of the pharmaceutical industry.

Multiple lawsuits against major pharmaceutical companies have originated in Ohio this year, as the overdose death tolls climbs once again to record-shattering numbers. Attorney General Mike DeWine filed one of those civil complaints in May, alleging that the likes of Janssen Pharmaceutical, Allergan, Purdue Pharma, Endo and Cephalon played an active role in flooding the market with prescription painkillers, which led explicitly to addiction for untold numbers of Ohioans.

Now, Purdue Pharma is arguing that the suit should be tossed.

The central contention is that DeWine is seeking to circumvent federal regulations by using state law to hold Purdue and the other companies liable. https://www.clevescene.com/scene-and-heard/archives/2017/09/11/pharmaceutical-company-respond-to-ohios-opioid-crisis-lawsuit

Typical Dhumorrhoid BULLLSHIT!!!

YOU always want to BLAME SOMEONE OR SOMETHING for the simple fact that the PROBLEM IS ROOTED WITH PEOPLE THAT HAVE AND TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR THEIR OWN ACTIONS!!!

But I will give you that oblameoNOFUCKINGCARE and oblameo telling people to "take the blue pill" IS a lot of the reason PEOPLE DON"T AND CAN'T GET THE TREATMENTS NEEDED TO EASE OR END THE PAIN THEY ARE IN IN THE FIRST PLACE!!

But the problem also exists at the other end—the production of the addicts. This would require a full-scale assault on the pharmaceutical industry.  Whether Trump will have the stomach to take on this powerful industry is to be seen.

I would like to see the Trump Administration kick Big Pharma in the groin, shake them down to size, and then clamp down on medical marijuana as part of that.

Drugs are the opiates of the masses.  Our children's children will be slaves unto a regime that keeps them addicted to "medicine".

9 minutes ago, Zaro said:

Big pharma = pushers

Riggghttttt....as your little god and hero, oblameo, told EVERYONE to "take the blue pill" instead of actually getting what was wrong, fixed, since it was going to be tooooo expensive!!

Go fuck yourself zar-HO and get back in your weight class before you get your little ASS stomped again.

1 minute ago, MidnightMax said:

Riggghttttt....as your little god and hero, oblameo, told EVERYONE to "take the blue pill" instead of actually getting what was wrong, fixed, since it was going to be tooooo expensive!!

Go fuck yourself zar-HO and get back in your weight class before you get your little ASS stomped again.

Take your chill pill you raging moron

We need the Philippine President to come here and be put in charge of rehab of 

the criminal addicts.   His method sure would be a lot cheaper than sending them to SPAs 

because they have a "drug-in-mouth-disease" rather than being sent to prison 

for their stupidity and crimes.

1 minute ago, slideman said:

That is sick.

Maybe, but it sure is effective.

Ten thousand ass holes who will never do or deal drugs, anymore.

Saves a hellofa lot of money not spent on courts, prisons and rehab SPAs.

Saves a hellofa lot of lives of victims no longer fucked up by druggies.

Of course if you are a dirty cop or a dirty judge, you probably want to keep getting

your bribe money.  And doctors and drug companies and druggies and pimps 

want to keep getting rich off of morons.

7 minutes ago, slideman said:

Because opioids are physically addictive and have been aggressively marketed to doctors; no one is dying of pot overdose.

This is totally true. Back almost 5 years ago my BFF was dying of pancreatic cancer....one of the most painful and only a 98% survival rate. They prescribed him Oxy and loads of it. At that same time a few prominent rich white kids got in mommies stash and ODed. So out AG did a state wide war on class 3 drugs..BUT she put it on the backs of the pharmacist.

No one could get their scripts unless they had 2 non narcotic scripts to fill and the state kept records of the pharmacist on how many class 3 scripts they filled. To protect their lively hoods the pharmacist would not order the drugs or say they were out got to another pharmacy. So no one was getting their scripts filled.

I called the AG and the DEA to find out WTF!! and the DEA told me that basically they are using the pharmacist to control class 3 narcotics. They keep records on how many each one fills and at a certain number they get their licenses revoked. The number was a secret to all but the DEA so these poor pharmacist had no idea when too many was reached so they simply stopped filling them. In other words he told me bla bla bla...

The AG..the guy who actually wrote the new bill told me he was unaware his bill affected people in this way and he would have to rethink his position. Well fine I said in the meantime my friend is dying and in severe pain and can not get his meds. My friend lived for only 6 months but it was a major struggle to get his meds filled to the day he died. I have no idea if the rules have been relaxed but I doubt it because I get Xanax which is considered a class 3 narcotic and they will not refill until you use exactly the amount supplied and not a day earlier, plus a DR can only write a script for it up to 3 refills. So restrictions are still in place which is fine but what dump it on the pharmacist? It is the DRs that make the crap available.

2 minutes ago, slideman said:

And the innocent will suffer with the guilty, no? Cops are going to be judge and jury?

Why do you worry about the druggies and the drug dealers, 

but you do not give a rat's ass about victims and taxpayers?

Are you a drug pusher?

2 minutes ago, William1444 said:

Why do you worry about the druggies and the drug dealers, 

but you do not give a rat's ass about victims and taxpayers?

Are you a drug pusher?

Many you get pancreatic cancer and you will sing a totally different tune.

Just now, slideman said:

You favor extra judicial killing? You are amoral.

What do you call bush  and cheney and republicans killing tens of thousands 

of innocent people in iraq including our servicemen just to enrich oil billionaires and 

the military industrial complex?

Taking drugs and killing or robbing from others including as done by bush and republicans

is immoral.

2 minutes ago, Middl3 said:

Many you get pancreatic cancer and you will sing a totally different tune.

May you kiss my ass and thereby grow a brain.

Responsible doctors prescribing medicines to responsible patients in pain

does not fall into the category of drug abuse,  you fucking moron.

4 minutes ago, William1444 said:

Responsible doctors prescribing medicines to responsible patients in pain

does not fall into the category of drug abuse

The makers of Oxycontin minimized its addictive potential to doctors.

The Promotion and Marketing of OxyContin: Commercial Triumph, Public Health Tragedy

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2622774/