The God Thread

If God exists God must die. If God is merely a fairytale, that fairytale must die. The GREAT Mark TWAIN kicked the shit out of God. He mocked that fucker in his famous diatribe and he kicked the crap out of God in his not so short story Letters From the Earth.

If God exists he is a no good son of a bitch. Where was God during the church massacres? 

Mark Twain's Diatribe

...a God who could make good children as easily as bad, yet preferred to make bad ones;

http://www.tallarmeniantale.com/pics/hitler2.JPG 

who could have made every one of them happy, yet never made a single happy one;

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_CPQYfaBtodQ/TIJjFXepJuI/AAAAAAAAAdA/PgKQMq4ZEEI/s1600/crying-eye.jpg 

who made them prize their bitter life, yet stingily cut it short;

http://mvparanormal.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/Fresh-Grave-Light1.jpg 

who gave his angels eternal happiness unearned, yet required his other children to earn it;

http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos/8000000/God-s-Messengers-angels-8047909-1024-768.jpg 

who gave his angels painless lives, yet cursed his other children with biting miseries and maladies of mind and body;

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_izzD5qnVyWo/TA1zEQHMCII/AAAAAAAAD7U/9IWCP_cwtMc/s1600/human_suffering_01.jpg 

who mouths justice, and invented hell--mouths mercy, and invented hell--mouths Golden Rules and forgiveness multiplied by seventy times seven, and invented hell;

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_a3XuPQo-u_g/TIp7rk3P1sI/AAAAAAAAC-A/_xZhO7muGqA/s1600/hell-2-by-jack-chick.gif 

who mouths morals to other people, and has none himself;

http://edthemanicstreetpreacher.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/godsmiting1.jpg 

who frowns upon crimes, yet commits them all; who created man without invitation, then tries to shuffle the responsibility for man's acts upon man, instead of honorably placing it where it belongs, upon himself;

http://bahaisofutah.angelfire.com/adamandeve.jpg 

and finally, with altogether divine obtuseness, invites his poor abused slave to worship him! --Mark Twain--

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_SLQeSPTcRZU/TO1dwh2HZuI/AAAAAAAAARc/kqkRKD_kIlk/s1600/normal_LaughingJesus.jpg

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Holy Mother Church tells us that God has a reason for everything he does. Perhaps prior to the Vegas shootings, there was a need for country music fans in Heaven. Then they ran out of Texas Baptists. You should not question God's motives.

It is all part of a Divine Plan.

Like wiping out the entire population of critters and humans except what Noah could get in the Ark. We should not assume that it means that God did not see the need for this coming. 

1 minute ago, XavierOnassis said:

The Holy Mother Church tells us that God has a reason for everything he does. Perhaps prior to the Vegas shootings, there was a need for country music fans in Heaven. Then they ran out of Texas Baptists. You should not question God's motives.

It is all part of a Divine Plan.

Like wiping out the entire population of critters and humans except what Noah could get in the Ark. We should not assume that it means that God did not see the need for this coming. 

Yes and it is to fuck with us. Any God that is reported to be a jealous God is what  made me read no further...Jealousy is a disease...they have pills for that.

1 minute ago, Middl3 said:

Yes and it is to fuck with us. Any God that is reported to be a jealous God is what  made me read no further...Jealousy is a disease...they have pills for that.

Exodus 34:14 "For you shall worship no other god, for the Lord, whose name is Jealous..."

1 minute ago, RussianDisinformation said:

Exodus 34:14 "For you shall worship no other god, for the Lord, whose name is Jealous..."

That's it and I was 9 and knew that was fucked up. So I took the dime mom gave me for church and bought candy every Sunday :D

Just now, Middl3 said:

That's it and I was 9 and knew that was fucked up. So I took the dime mom gave me for church and bought candy every Sunday :D

I know other kids that would tear open the envelope and keep the money.  Churches are a huge money grab and tax avoidance scam. 

You figured it out before I did. By the time of my confirmation I knew it was BS.

5 minutes ago, RussianDisinformation said:

I know other kids that would tear open the envelope and keep the money.  Churches are a huge money grab and tax avoidance scam. 

You figured it out before I did. By the time of my confirmation I knew it was BS.

We were at the Vatican..my lil bro and I..we sneaked off to hit the doors that were closed. Behind one of those doors was a loud machine sound..Bro opened it up and as far as the eye could see were people sitting at money counting machines..we got chased out and passed all these dudes in glass caskets dripping in gold...the irony of it all stuck with me to this day. We were military white trash and the accommodations were lower end and we saw all of the poor that could really use some of that cash.

I felt the same about The Topkapı Palace in Turkey..all that wealth and all those poor people.

34 minutes ago, Middl3 said:

We were at the Vatican..my lil bro and I..we sneaked off to hit the doors that were closed. Behind one of those doors was a loud machine sound..Bro opened it up and as far as the eye could see were people sitting at money counting machines..we got chased out and passed all these dudes in glass caskets dripping in gold...the irony of it all stuck with me to this day. We were military white trash and the accommodations were lower end and we saw all of the poor that could really use some of that cash.

I felt the same about The Topkapı Palace in Turkey..all that wealth and all those poor people.

You will appreciate this song.

1 hour ago, jrock2310 said:

- Religion is the opium of the people.

- Religion is the convenient lie.

Well said. When the Romans co-opted Christianity they knew it would be an excellent way to control people. It is interesting that during the first 100 years of Christianity there was no mention of Jesus Christ. 'Jesus NEVER existed': Writer finds no mention of Christ in ... - Daily Mail

10 hours ago, Middl3 said:

with their limited vocabulary the ancients were describing the law of cause and effect when they said god is a jealous god.

12 hours ago, Middl3 said:

You walked in the Vatican and saw a bunch of people counting money?

Sure it wasn't the Clinton Foundation?

9 hours ago, jrock2310 said:

Even if there is a god, the atheistic stance is still the justifiable position until it (god) can be substantiated.

9 hours ago, CrookedHillary said:

That's why it's called faith and not fact.

......And, quite-simply, why "conservatives" prefer Belief, over actual Knowledge; i.e. faith/Belief is a little-more convenient.

After all.....why bother thinking-things-thru.....when there are "absolutes" that solve the need for such aberrant-behavior??!!!

"We form our beliefs for a variety of subjective, personal, emotional, and psychological reasons in the context of environments created by family, friends, colleagues, culture, and society at large; after forming our beliefs, we then defend, justify, and rationalize them with a host of intellectual reasons, cogent arguments, and rational explanations.

Beliefs come first; explanations for beliefs follow."    confused-and-unsure-smiley-emoticon.gif

https://shop.skeptic.com/merchant.mvc?&Screen=PROD&Store_Code=SS&Product_Code=b144HB

9 hours ago, RussianDisinformation said:

Faith is the belief in something you know damn well is bullshit.

8 hours ago, CrookedHillary said:

That makes no sense whatsoever.

That's what we keep telling you "conservatives".....when your fall-back position is always so heavily-ladened with "absolutes".

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/absolute

If there is a God(s) or not is irrelevant.  And if there is, who did he/she/it/them, spring from?  If there is a creator, it no longer interferes with the workings of it's creation.  There is certainly no God who looks down on us or is passionate about us.  If there is a God, there might as well be no God.

Evolution has always worked by the passing on of the most adaptive genes.  Those who can procreate before they die, are the most adaptive (fittest).   It has been a heartless process for almost 4 billion years on this Earth. 

But there are organisms who have adapted by cooperation and support of the other.  If we Homo Sapiens don't evolve that way, and quickly, we will go the way off 99% of all species that ever lived and become extinct.  Because we have the means to exterminate ourselves.

12 hours ago, RussianDisinformation said:

Well said. When the Romans co-opted Christianity they knew it would be an excellent way to control people. It is interesting that during the first 100 years of Christianity there was no mention of Jesus Christ. 'Jesus NEVER existed': Writer finds no mention of Christ in ... - Daily Mail

Rome felt the need to co-opt a movement based on a man who never existed....but ONLY after expending considerable resources killing disciples of a guy who never existed?

Why couldn’t Rome get this fledgling movement under control?