Trump Chooses Putin's Word Over The US Intelligence Community...Again

skews13

810209226.jpg.0.jpg

The Look Of Love. And Treason.

President Donald Trump just sided with Russian President Vladimir Putin over the US intelligence community. That’s because in one of their conversations during an international summit in Vietnam, Putin denied that Russia interfered in the 2016 presidential election — and Trump bought it.

“He said he didn't meddle, he said he didn't meddle. I asked him again. You can only ask so many times,” Trump told reporters on Air Force One today. “Every time he sees me he says I didn't do that and I really believe that when he tells me that, he means it.”

It’s remarkable enough that Trump openly admitted he just believed whatever Putin told him. It’s even more startling when you realize that in January, the FBI, CIA, and NSA clearly assessed that Russia did interfere in the election — and that Putin was behind it. Here’s part of that conclusion:

We assess Russian President Vladimir Putin ordered an influence campaign in 2016 aimed at the US presidential election. Russia’s goals were to undermine public faith in the US democratic process, denigrate Secretary Clinton, and harm her electability and potential presidency. We further assess Putin and the Russian Government developed a clear preference for President-elect Trump.

Trump also took the chance to go after former prominent intelligence and law enforcement officials who disagree with his Russia views.

"I mean, give me a break, they are political hacks," Trump said. "So you look at it, I mean, you have [former CIA Director John] Brennan, you have [former Director of National Intelligence James] Clapper and you have [former FBI Director Jim] Comey. Comey is proven now to be a liar and he is proven now to be a leaker. So you look at that and you have President Putin very strongly, vehemently says he had nothing to do with them."

This isn’t the first time Trump accepted Putin’s account about election interference. On July 7, the two men had a one-on-one meeting at the G20, a gathering of the world’s top 20 economies. There, Putin also denied Russia’s efforts to interfere in the election, and Trump reportedly took it at face value.

Trump and Putin weren’t scheduled to meet during the the forum, but it was always possible that they would run into each other. They shook hands at a dinner for leaders on Friday and stood next to each other during a leaders’s photo on Saturday.

Trump added that he’d now rather discuss issues like Syria and Ukraine with Putin, noting that every time he brings up the Russia issue, Putin is unhappy. “I think he is very insulted by it,” he said.

After Trump’s comments, others might feel insulted, too — especially members of the US intelligence community.

Trump undercuts the US intelligence community again

Trump has, at best, a complicated relationship with America’s spies.

He frequently attacked the intelligence community’s skills and integrity during both the campaign and the early months of his presidency. He dismisses any investigation into Russia’s meddling as a “hoax.”

He has repeatedly mocked American intelligence officers for the mistaken conclusion that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction, a rationale that paved the way for the 2003 invasion.

Trump has likened American spies to Nazis because he believed they leaked information about him. And he spent part of his first full day in office at a memorial for the CIA’s fallen heroes attacking the media and lying about the size of his crowd at the inaugural.

However, Trump does like CIA Director Mike Pompeo — but that could be because Pompeo has no problem distorting Russia-related intelligence to in Trump’s favor. The CIA told me earlier this week that Pompeo stands by the January assessment. Pompeo is reportedly in consideration to become the next secretary of state.

So Trump doesn’t seem to trust the intelligence community. That’s his choice — but it’s concerning that he’ll trust Putin instead.

https://www.vox.com/2017/11/11/16636906/trump-russia-putin-intelligence

In response to Pr*@%!^#t Donald Trump’s giving U.S. reporters on Air Force One an earful about how he views U.S. intelligence agencies as “political hacks” and Vladimir Putin as trustworthy, CIA Director Mike Pompeo on Saturday defended the agencies’ assessments that the Russians meddled in the 2016 U.S. election:

"The Director stands by and has always stood by the January 2017 Intelligence Community Assessment entitled: Assessing Russian Activities and Intentions in Recent U.S. Elections," the CIA said in a statement. "The intelligence assessment with regard to Russian election meddling has not changed."

The agency refused to comment directly on the president's remarks.

Given the avalanche of verifiable information that has publicly transpired in the year since Trump won the Electoral College and began employing his wrecking ball to government institutions and programs, including the State Department and the Environmental Protection Agency, there is no doubt that Moscow did meddle. What we don’t know is how much meddling went on, how effective it was, how much Trump and his top campaign people knew about it, and whether they colluded with the Russians in the meddling. And until special counsel Robert Mueller finishes indicting people in his investigation and reporting on what he has learned, we won’t have firm answers to these questions. 

For anyone who has followed the sordid history of the 70-year-old CIA and several of its leaders like Allen Dulles, Bill Casey and Michael Hayden, Trump’s trashing former high-ranking intelligence officials as hacks and liars brings on a big hunk of cognitive dissonance. Trump specifically named John Brennan, former CIA director, and James Clapper, former director of national intelligence, as untrustworthy. One doesn’t have to be a fan of Donald Trump—and I am about as far away from that as one can be without being in another solar system—both Clapper and Brennan are liars.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/11/11/1714770/-CIA-Director-Pompeo-stands-by-intelligence-community-that-Trump-called-political-hacks

58 minutes ago, johndnorth said:

Brennan, Comey and Clapper were politicized  by the oblameo administration. Nothing they say can be relied on. 

So the Army Intel, Marines Intel, Air Force Intel, Coast Guard Intel, Navy Intel, are all politicized liars too?

So you take Vladimirs word over our guys?

So noted.

1 minute ago, slideman said:

Those agencies did not sign off on the Russian hacking of the DNC.

The NIA bases it's final reports on all of those agencies intelligence services.

While it is true the heads of the NIA, and CIA have been caught lying, that doesn't discount the findings of the entire agencies as a whole, which implies thousands of intelligence officers are also lying.

It certainly doesn't justify anything that comes out of Vladimir Putins mouth as being truthful.

I'm taking my guys side on this one. I'm partisan that way.

14 minutes ago, skews13 said:

So the Army Intel, Marines Intel, Air Force Intel, Coast Guard Intel, Navy Intel, are all politicized liars too?

So you take Vladimirs word over our guys?

So noted.

Johndnorth is a traitor.  He hates America and wants to suck Putin's dick.

Oh, wait - he already gets paid to do that.  :D 

Paper trials is what will shine the light o day an it all. By the time it is all laid out the he said, she said defense will be rabid in the USA as it is now. This is a posture TrumpCo is playing as we speak on ALL fronts. We are at war with ourselves..just the way Bannon and Putin like it. Funny part is TrumpCo could care less if they spout truth or bullshit and get caught because people are simpletons and will dig out the parts they WANT to be true all on their own. All TrumpCo has to keep doing is muddy the waters. TrumpCo is already gearing up for the stupidity defense...

Now for a reality check...ONLY 30 something % are falling for it now.

56 minutes ago, skews13 said:

The NIA bases it's final reports on all of those agencies intelligence services.

While it is true the heads of the NIA, and CIA have been caught lying, that doesn't discount the findings of the entire agencies as a whole, which implies thousands of intelligence officers are also lying.

It certainly doesn't justify anything that comes out of Vladimir Putins mouth as being truthful.

I'm taking my guys side on this one. I'm partisan that way.

++1

November 11, 2017

"Until Saturday, President Donald Trump* had earned some praise for his trip to Asia. Overall, the visit seemed to go well by the standards we use to evaluate him. There were few unsettling tweets over the past few days, at least relative to his normal routine, and by most accounts the meetings with the key leaders have gone smoothly. Trump has played ball in the diplomatic celebrations and seemed to be in good spirits. He's offered some provocative words about North Korea, but nothing that comes close to the kinds of incendiary words he used before the United Nations in New York.

Yet, to call the trip a success would be a big mistake.

On Saturday, the President delivered his first moment of shock and awe with his Achilles' heel on foreign policy: Russia. In an act of defiance, he said he believed President Vladimir Putin's claim that Russia did not intervene in the 2016 US election despite all the evidence to the contrary, including from US intelligence agencies. He seems more worried that Putin is "insulted", by the accusations, than he is by the impact these operations had on our democratic processes. The shocking comments about Putin are likely to drown out everything else that has happened so far."

3 minutes ago, jrock2310 said:

I love the notion that facts and truths only permiate from infallible beings.  

Intelligence agencies have confirmed russian meddling.

this is no longer up for debate.

They think meddling is what they tell the cops when caught peeping into the neighbors windows...we must dumb it down for them.