U.S. soldier in Niger ambush was bound and apparently executed

FBI and U.S. military investigators have arrived in this impoverished West African nation to try to determine what happened in the Oct. 4 assault on an 11-member Army Special Forces team and 30 Nigerien troops. Among the questions they are addressing: Were there intelligence lapses? Did the unit have adequate equipment? Was the extremist threat properly assessed before the mission?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/africa/us-soldier-in-niger-ambush-was-bound-and-apparently-executed-villagers-say/2017/11/10/3aebba3e-c442-11e7-9922-4151f5ca6168_story.html?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-main_niger-720pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory

The only important question is: Why is the US military in Niger? 

Just now, johndnorth said:

The only problem is our allies in the fight bugged out and the French did not provide air support at the critical moment. Natives who bugged out should start to disappear. You know what i mean.

I think I do. You want the US military to occupy yet another impoverished nation instead of helping them.

The purpose of Green Berets is to train indigenous forces. At the moment i see no occupation forces. Niger must have asked oblameo for help. He put troops there. I mean DISAPPEAR from the face of the earth. I worked in the Phoenix program. The remnants of it was still active in 1969. 

The purpose of Green Berets is to train indigenous forces. At the moment i see no occupation forces. Niger must have asked oblameo for help. He put troops there. I mean DISAPPEAR from the face of the earth. I worked in the Phoenix program. The remnants of it was still active in 1969. 

Trump the Fascist. Want to play games?

4 minutes ago, johndnorth said:

US is building a $100,000,000 military base in Niger.

Does Niger have any say in that? Dem. hero oblameo put troops there. Talk to him and ask why. Noger natives are probably working on the base. Uncle Sam is paying them well.

Try to have an adult conversation; drop the "oblameo" crap.

Just now, JeanMoulin said:

Give tax breaks to the rich, and send soldiers to fight a loosing battle in some shit hole country. Makes sense to me.

And tell Americans that Niger, one of the poorest nations in the world, is a thread to the safety of our country.

U.S. pledges $60 million to build new African counterterrorism force

UNITED NATIONS — The Trump administration said Monday it would contribute an initial $60 million to help five nations in Africa’s Sahel region build a cross-border counterterrorism force but balked at a plan to provide multilateral support through the United Nations.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/us-pledges-60-million-to-build-new-african-counterterrorism-force/2017/10/30/87a6e9c2-bdc4-11e7-8444-a0d4f04b89eb_story.html?utm_term=.02039ebef314&tid=a_inl