What is an intellectual?

Shane

The rule of law has evaporated before our eyes. I am not a troll. I came here to find some wisdom. Not to fight. I am new here so I suppose I should introduce myself. My real name is Donnie. I wish everyone a very good evening, morning or afternoon wherever you reside.

I live in a very small town on an Indian Reservation in Southern Oregon and I am wondering why the I am governed by by those that live in populated area's like Portland when the difference between the 2 places are the same as night and day?

It seems that all of the intellectuals have went to bed or lost their way? Where did Phoenix68 go? I am a HS educated man. And just that. Just a man. Where are the College Educated folks who like to debate? I'm just an old man. Nothing to fear..

Just now, Shane said:

It seems that all of the intellectuals have went to bed or lost their way? Where did Phoenix68 go? I am a HS educated man. And just that. Just a man. Where are the College Educated folks who like to debate? I'm just an old man. Nothing to fear..

You're not saying anything. 

36 minutes ago, Shane said:

dontlookknow... Society does not I would respectfully argue.

48 minutes ago, Shane said:

Who decides what is right and what is wrong?

Because right and wrong is defined by each person, an appointed judge ultimately makes the decision which is then used for a society. The judge is picked as the final arbitrator of right or wrong, by the society he rules in. He might be a spiritual leader, gladiator, philosopher, star gazer, stone worshiper, etc. These morals and ethics are chosen based on harm to others, and the means decided to eliminating the harm creates a good moral or ethical value. ie. do not kill, steal, cheat, etc.

I am not saying anything? My Brother made local and national news when he could read at 2 years old in 1964. He turned into a professional student and eventually died of AIDS in 1993 on Manhattan Island. My used to be best friend is an associate professor at SFSU in the Sociology department right now. I have a HS dipmoma and nothing more but these people are somehow smarter than me.  I live in the woods, I am a Tribal Member here and don't have to deal with political correctness. It gets down to -20 degrees here in winter. I have a wood stove. The Murder rate where I live is more per capita than anywhere in the state of Oregon So yes. I suppose most people are smarter than I am. Especially those of you in populated areas.