TX shooter clearly had mental health issues

Church shooter escaped mental health facility after attacking wife

The man who shot and killed 26 people in a Texas church Sunday was checked into and escaped from a mental health facility in New Mexico in 2012, according to a police report obtained by CBS affiliate KHOU.

Devin Patrick Kelley: What we know about the Texas church shooting suspect

Devin Kelley was sent to the Peak Behavioral Health Services Center in Santa Teresa, New Mexico after beating his wife and stepson, who suffered a fractured skull, while Kelley was stationed at Holloman Air Force Base. But on June 13, 2012, Kelley escaped from the center, fleeing to El Paso, Texas, acording to the report.

Police warned that Kelley "was a danger to himself and others as he had already been caught sneaking firearms" onto the base, where he "was attempting to carry out death threats that (he) had made on his military chain of command."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/breakingnews/church-shooter-escaped-mental-health-facility-after-attacking-wife/ar-BBEH889?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Really sad to see as all of the known facts come out.....

“Everything we know about domestic violence predicted this could happen,” said Lori Post, a researcher at Northwestern University’s Feinberg School of Medicine who studies domestic violence. “This is not mental illness. He has a personality disorder, and that disorder is consistent with psychopathy, given prior charges of domestic violence, animal abuse and sexual predatory behavior.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/menacing-texas-church-gunman-left-series-of-red-flags/ar-BBEHvQM?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

7 minutes ago, dontlooknow said:

Sell him a few more guns. Or people like him. 

He wasn't suppose to be able to buy any - major fuck up in that aspect. As bad as that aspect is, there were also numerous screaming red flags all along that route to the church - yet nothing.

Sadly, another avoidable tragedy.

1 minute ago, LaughinAtLefty said:

He wasn't suppose to be able to buy any - major fuck up in that aspect. As bad as that aspect is, there were also numerous screaming red flags all along that route to the church - yet nothing.

Sadly, another avoidable tragedy.

That's one of the reasons I want these mass killings researched so we can stop them.   I've argued this point endlessly because Gun Control isn't practical so we have to find the practical solutions.  

Just now, ScottMon said:

That's one of the reasons I want these mass killings researched so we can stop them.   I've argued this point endlessly because Gun Control isn't practical so we have to find the practical solutions.  

I'm all for practical solutions - it seems there were numerous opportunities to cut off the snakes head in this tragedy, yet they were all missed - or not acted upon. Sickening to see people die because of some POS.

1 minute ago, LaughinAtLefty said:

I'm all for practical solutions - it seems there were numerous opportunities to cut off the snakes head in this tragedy, yet they were all missed - or not acted upon. Sickening to see people die because of some POS.

Yeah, But so far we've tried winning the problem instead of solving it.  

9 hours ago, Five By Five said:

I am questioning you mental capabilities LL

I mean this is a no brainer.. literrally

If the guy had access to cheap cannabis he might have been to stoned to shoot anybody

Not into weed in addition to being drug tested with some frequency for job related responsibilities.

You enjoy though...

10 hours ago, ScottMon said:

We already had laws in place that should have stopped this guy... but didn't. 

And now you want more ineffective laws.

Why don't you just admit your real desire is to make gun ownership as hard as possible, if not impossible, for average Americans?

24 minutes ago, RollingRock said:

Exactly.  Every crazy person should have a few guns.  It's the American way.

^^ dumbass doesn't know this is already illegal. 

It's stunning how little liberals know about the government they love. 

2 hours ago, Golfboy said:

^^ dumbass doesn't know this is already illegal. 

It's stunning how little liberals know about the government they love. 

Incorrect, it's perfectly legal for insane people to purchase firearms.  The right fought for this, remember?

It's unbelievable how retarded some right wingers are.

4 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

This will be an unpopular view (it always is) but with most of these shooters, it always boils down to more of a mental health issue than that of guns. 

Of course mental health is a big part of the problem.  However if these murderers just had a knife instead of an automatic weapon, the death toll might only be 4-5 instead of many dozens.  Also, we need to HELP those who are having mental health issues by getting them into psych facilities, not ignore them until they become mass murderers and then ponder what went wrong.

Just now, RollingRock said:

Of course mental health is a big part of the problem.  However if these murderers just had a knife instead of an automatic weapon, the death toll might only be 4-5 instead of in the dozens.  Also, we need to HELP those who are having mental health issues, not ignore them until they become mass murderers and then ponder what went wrong.

Years ago, I watched a documentary that pondered mental illness and why we view it different from having a broken arm or a flu. A lot of people view mental illness as a failure of morals or will power. They can't be bothered with science. 

7 minutes ago, RollingRock said:

Incorrect, it's perfectly legal for insane people to purchase firearms.  The right fought for this, remember?

It's unbelievable how retarded some right wingers are.

You poor, ignorant little bastard. 

Had you ever purchased a gun, you'd know that one of the questions asked is if you've ever been deemed mentally unfit, which is a disqualification to purchase a gun. 

It's amazing how uninformed liberals are about the government they love. 

Just now, impartialobserver said:

Years ago, I watched a documentary that pondered mental illness and why we view it different from having a broken arm or a flu. A lot of people view mental illness as a failure of morals or will power. They can't be bothered with science. 

There's a lot of ignorance surrounding mental illness, I agree.  

Just now, Golfboy said:

You poor, ignorant little bastard. 

Had you ever purchased a gun, you'd know that one of the questions asked is if you've ever been deemed mentally unfit, which is a disqualification to purchase a gun. 

Right, and everyone who is asked that question is honest, correct?  :rolleyes:  You're as gullible as you are stupid, Golftard.

Just now, RollingRock said:

Right, and everyone who is asked that question is honest, correct?  :rolleyes:  You're as gullible as you are stupid, Golftard.

The bill your party filibustered would have required states to upload information about mental illness to the NCIC database. 

This is your fault, dumbass. 

11 minutes ago, RollingRock said:

There's a lot of ignorance surrounding mental illness, I agree.  

However, can you really blame someone? Someone says that are clinically depressed or suffering from bi-polar disorder. Lets assume that you are just two people waiting at a bus stop. What can you, the skeptic, do to prove/disprove their claim? The honesty of the person making the claim can't be verified. Besides, there is a level of shame and humiliation involved in seeking help for mental issues. I should have sought counseling in my teenage years for reasons that I am not going to disclose but did not do so because I did not want family and friends viewing me as weak and making stuff up for the sake of getting attention.